Wigan squad for Huddersfield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
w.thomas

Re: Wigan squad for Huddersfield

Post by w.thomas »

Can anyone explain to me why there is 2 wingers on one side and 2 centres on the other? Surely that doesn’t make sense. Halsall and thornleys D has been pathetic. I’m not a fan of resting players and this performance is why. Garbage.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

I wish Astley would stop kicking it so early. No benefit of doing it
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Welski

Post by Welski »

A mile forward
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

w.thomas wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:08 pm Can anyone explain to me why there is 2 wingers on one side and 2 centres on the other? Surely that doesn’t make sense. Halsall and thornleys D has been pathetic. I’m not a fan of resting players and this performance is why. Garbage.
We actually bought bibby to be a centre
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Welski wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:18 pmA mile forward
As per the one camera angle you saw…

There’s a reason they don’t review forward passes on the video ref and it’s because different angles show different things.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Welski

Post by Welski »

A mile forward
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
pedro

Post by pedro »

Some terrible performances today, halsalls defence is woeful and isa is just plain poor, astley isn’t a rugby league player, he kicked like a union player and zero rugby league brain, feel sorry for the people who traveled to watch that
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Barney841 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:18 pm
w.thomas wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:08 pm Can anyone explain to me why there is 2 wingers on one side and 2 centres on the other? Surely that doesn’t make sense. Halsall and thornleys D has been pathetic. I’m not a fan of resting players and this performance is why. Garbage.
We actually bought bibby to be a centre
Aye but he’s a lot better on the wing. Halsall has had a mare on the wing, crazy decision to play him there. Could of nicked it though in the end. Isa and partington wouldn’t get in the first team for me, simply not good enough, make 0 yards. Thought Harvard was a class above when he came on and whilst I like mago sometimes he looks like a kids toy that the battery’s are running out of. Interesting to see what team he plays next week for sure.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

pedro wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:49 pm Some terrible performances today, halsalls defence is woeful and isa is just plain poor, astley isn’t a rugby league player, he kicked like a union player and zero rugby league brain, feel sorry for the people who traveled to watch that
Have to agree regarding Astley. What is more worrying peet put him in a side that already lacked creativity. Kicking so early against a team that revelled in possession. We should have been starving them of possession. His defence kicking and positional play was copy book union. But overall it was a abysmal display throughout team with very few positives. And proves the strength in depth is not there.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:40 pm
Welski wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:35 pm I guess the answer to this will be the silverware or not in a couple of weeks?
And what about the fans that spent their hard earned cash on tickets and travel, Never been a fan of it
Why would it bother you? You don’t come to games 😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan