Warrington v Wigan for Locker Cup

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Warrington v Wigan for Locker Cup

Post by fozzieskem »

Can’t recal a single Warrington attack in the first half wish I’d taken my binoculars with me as all the action was down their end but in truth Wigan didn’t look like losing to me but the squad is looking very threadbare at the moment the Mago conundrum continues but he has to stay in the squad let’s hope they don’t take their eye off the ball with the Wakefield game let’s be fair they should send many points past them even with an injury hit squad,momentum is building and it’s good to see.

As for Warrington I suspect they’ll win something,not the GF but why the hell were their fans booing,was it at the wire team or wigans team?very odd behaviour
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mickw wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:20 pm Totally bossed it from start to finish, the way we're bringing the ball up off our own line with Miski,King Wardle and Marshall is outstanding, wire now know they need to find another level,a big reality check for them,as for us let's bottle this and keep it for the playoffs.
Wire weren’t missing many good players, Wigan were.
Charriots Offiah

Firestarter wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:49 pm Ok im gonna be very very honest here now……. Best team won easily and we shudda won by more…… our furst try was slightly forward and our second try was slightly offside and possibly a knock on…… cant fault our lads really who showed desire and made me prouder than proud tonight……. Always hard playing against the worst away crowd in the league…… lets sing when were winning, lets boo every decision against us and then after a few bad weeks lets stop attending( pp fans of the highest order)……. Now for the important stuff…… we are under the cosh at the moment with injuries, but, we are so well disciplined and keep our shape so well…… every player gave his all tonight…… we played to out strengths and every forward turned up( including mago) ….. ive never been a fan of ellis but he has proved me wrong recently with epic performances……. My mom was isa who ran like his life depended on it( albeit off good inside passes from shorroks , the most improved player in super league)…..Im not sure what it is but peety seems to have them challenging high balls and keeping onside which has both punished us in the past…… bevan is bevan and is one classy defender…… both wingers are workhorses with that x factor to boot…… the centres are what we have needed for years…….. smith is class( regardless of the doubters, he ran the show again and showed george what a long kicking game is)…….all the pack were just awesome and my only whinge was dufty…… he was butchering the ref for every decision, you cant get away with it in Aus so dont do it over here……. Well proud lads keep it up
👍
Charriots Offiah

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:49 am Can’t recal a single Warrington attack in the first half wish I’d taken my binoculars with me as all the action was down their end but in truth Wigan didn’t look like losing to me but the squad is looking very threadbare at the moment the Mago conundrum continues but he has to stay in the squad let’s hope they don’t take their eye off the ball with the Wakefield game let’s be fair they should send many points past them even with an injury hit squad,momentum is building and it’s good to see.

As for Warrington I suspect they’ll win something,not the GF but why the hell were their fans booing,was it at the wire team or wigans team?very odd behaviour
Wire never like playing Wigan. Our forwards dominated theirs. We never looked like loosing that game, the shoreline flattered Wire. Bevan’s poor kick kept them in the game. Had we gone to the interval 10-0 we would have won comfortably. Williams and Nicholson are still big losses.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Great win, great performance, great game, great atmosphere, great crowd. The game is coming full circle back to the moment where we're on the up, not looking at the abyss. Skill levels look great, intensity is good and fan engagement is excellent. Next TV contract should be an improvement if the players and fans keep this up!

Meanwhile we should be looking at a mid season lull for 10 rounds and building to a last 10 match run at the playoffs. No need to keep the intensity at this level for the whole season even if that is possible. Who cares if we lose a few in the next few rounds, we've put a good enough marker down. Let's see where everyone gets to in a few months, but right now we look like finalists, wire look like finalists (or relegation candidates if they follow widnes' example from a few years ago!). Turns out the Aussies lost the WCC to an average mid table side in the better of the two comps. It may well not look like that at the end of the year, but I won't be getting carried away about any results until the run in.

Phase 1 of the season complete IMO.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:49 am Can’t recal a single Warrington attack in the first half wish I’d taken my binoculars with me as all the action was down their end but in truth Wigan didn’t look like losing to me but the squad is looking very threadbare at the moment the Mago conundrum continues but he has to stay in the squad let’s hope they don’t take their eye off the ball with the Wakefield game let’s be fair they should send many points past them even with an injury hit squad,momentum is building and it’s good to see.

They were booing King our lot were booing Williams! I don’t like booing, especially ex players!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:02 am

Wire never like playing Wigan. Our forwards dominated theirs. We never looked like loosing that game, the shoreline flattered Wire. Bevan’s poor kick kept them in the game. Had we gone to the interval 10-0 we would have won comfortably. Williams and Nicholson are still big losses.
They both went for the money.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Nothing to say. It's all been said :lol:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:55 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:02 am

They both went for the money.
Bang on that Josie no other reason time to accept that,to me wigan are just as strong without either Williams or Nicholson they're welcome to them.

And no I don't like booing ex-players either
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jobo wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:38 pm Love smiler Powells face when things go wrong. Could melt candle wax without a match.
😂😂😂 couldn’t have put it better myself! Sour faced dour Yorkshire man!