Play off semi final confirmed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Play off semi final confirmed

Post by fozzieskem »

Flash wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:46 am People have all kinds of legitimate reasons why they can't attend. Of course they do. I think the point being made though is that the majority of fans who are unable to attend the semi will suddenly find those very same obstacles mysteriously disappear come the Grand Final should we get there.

There's an element of this being a game where the club needs the fans. We have home advantage which we effectively seem to be handing over to Hull KR whose fans don't seem to be having the same problems going as Wigan fans. Maybe times aren't as tough on Humberside...

At the end of the day people will make up their own minds on whether they attend or not. I trust, though, that those same people won't be on here complaining about the team if we fail to make the final.
Agreed for whatever reason semi finals even in good times are sparsely attend at the DW never really understood why this is,and I say this as a bloke who hates going to any semi final,weird I know,but I still go to the semi finals regardless.

As for the grand final it cost 12 quid I think for my ticket reasonable seat too last October,yes it's a gamble but I do love going to the grand final
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:34 pm
buttmonkey2 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:31 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:14 pm

Dont know about havard but apparently isas good to go
If Isa is "good to go" then why did he not get at least 10 minutes game time in this match?

If selected to play next week then you'd rightly be called the biggest idiot in Wigan for bringing someone into a play off like this after so long out!

Bloody hell we're not talking about bringing Hanley or Gregory or Edwards back :roll: :roll:

If I was Willie Peters I'd be frothing at the mouth at the thought of Minchella and Linnet an little Mikey Lewis running at Isa
Hang on a bit.Tell me where i said ide pick him? I said ide heard hes good to go and nothing else.
Ok So what EXACTLY did you mean?

Good to go shopping?

Good to go on holiday?

Do you understand the context to which you posted?

You have the cheek to use the lords name in vain when you complain that what you posted was interpreted differently to what you actually meant.

Perhaps in the course of this thread you should keep opinions like that to the rumour mill, rather than post in the upcoming match thread that "Isa is good to go" but, not mean that you want him brought back into the team after almost 6 months out, because in the context you meant he can come on with the kicking tee or something :roll:
Back by demand.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:06 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:34 pm Bbc reporting our game on Saturday kicks off at 11.45 :roll:
Pathetic!

And that’s the bloody problem!! The RFL are bloody hopeless & must get the advertising of our sport spot on with terrestrial tv, satellite & in the press.

Then they wonder why support is dwindling year on year.

They are fecking hopeless in promoting our great sport because the people at the RFL are not Rugby League people IMO

Robert Elstone was ideal for me. Even though he came from football, he left our sport because the RFL vetoed a lot of his ideas 😡
BBC Northwest sport on Monday night reported that Wigan, after beating Leigh, now play Hull KR in the semi-final on Saturday, they are bloody clueless, in particular that short arse, Richard Askam
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Ipinwigan wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:10 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:34 pm Bbc reporting our game on Saturday kicks off at 11.45 :roll:
Pathetic!

And that’s the bloody problem!! The RFL are bloody hopeless & must get the advertising of our sport spot on with terrestrial tv, satellite & in the press.

They are fecking hopeless in promoting our great sport because the people at the RFL are not Rugby League people IMO

Robert Elstone was ideal for me. Even though he came from football, he left our sport because the RFL vetoed a lot of his ideas 😡
BBC Northwest sport on Monday night reported that Wigan, after beating Leigh, now play Hull KR in the semi-final on Saturday, they are bloody clueless, in particular that short arse, Richard Askam
Is that not correct?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:01 pm
buttmonkey2 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:31 pm

If Isa is "good to go" then why did he not get at least 10 minutes game time in this match?

If selected to play next week then you'd rightly be called the biggest idiot in Wigan for bringing someone into a play off like this after so long out!

Bloody hell we're not talking about bringing Hanley or Gregory or Edwards back :roll: :roll:

If I was Willie Peters I'd be frothing at the mouth at the thought of Minchella and Linnet an little Mikey Lewis running at Isa
Hang on a bit.Tell me where i said ide pick him? I said ide heard hes good to go and nothing else.

Good to go shopping?

Good to go on holiday?

You have the cheek to use the lords name in vain when you complain that what you posted was interpreted differently to what you actually meant.

Perhaps in the course of this thread you should keep opinions like that to the rumour mill, rather than post in the upcoming match thread that "Isa is good to go" but, not mean that you want him brought back into the team after almost 6 months out, because in the context you meant he can come on with the kicking tee or something :roll:
I said, and ill repeat ive heard hes good to go.Yes heard.Ill have my opinions whenever i feel thank you and i did hear it off someone off here.Whether he gets picked or not isnt up to us is it? Now lets get it right all players that arnt 100%( bar the greats)is always going to be a gamble but, having played the game a lot myself, do most players have injuries most of the time?Once again ill repeat ive HEARD hes good to go.How fit im not sure and would i play him? Possibly yes as i think we need experience.My opinion pal.I dont knock yours and the shopping comment was just ridiculous
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:43 pm

Good to go shopping?

Good to go on holiday?

I said, and ill repeat ive heard hes good to go.Yes heard.Ill have my opinions whenever i feel thank you and i did hear it off someone off here.Whether he gets picked or not isnt up to us is it? Now lets get it right all players that arnt 100%( bar the greats)is always going to be a gamble but, having played the game a lot myself, do most players have injuries most of the time?Once again ill repeat ive HEARD hes good to go.How fit im not sure and would i play him? Possibly yes as i think we need experience.My opinion pal.I dont knock yours and the shopping comment was just ridiculous
I'm with you, Firestarter. Some people get worked up over nowt!

I'd play big Willie for 20 mins if possible just to have options for the final if we puck up any injuries or bans.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:40 pm

Good to go shopping?

Good to go on holiday?

I'd play big Willie for 20 mins if possible just to have options for the final if we puck up any injuries or bans.
Big Willie did a number on Schneider in the CC semi-final until he was injured.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:03 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:40 pm

Big Willie did a number on Schneider in the CC semi-final until he was injured.
Yeh, and as luck would have it, it was a different injury anyway and could have happened to anyone.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Mike wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:40 pm

Pathetic!

Is that not correct?
Also mystified, Mike.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

moto748 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:28 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:40 pm

Is that not correct?
Also mystified, Mike.
Its factually correct I suppose, but misses that HKR beat Leigh to meet Wigan? Just journalistic hubris.