WHICH 3 WOULD YOU DROP FOR MONDAY

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
damien morrissey

Re: WHICH 3 WOULD YOU DROP...

Post by damien morrissey »

- psycho - posted:
mrs_carney posted:
turf posted:
True. Dallas had to play at FB and he adapted to the role, so now, lets try him with something different.
Or not. Leave him on the wing!! You've already called for him to be a prop. Just let the guy do his job on the wing.

its bad enough having kevin brown play in the centres now you want to put a proven winger there to! dude whats the matter with you.
I think that what he is trying to get at that at the moment we cant get the ball out to the wing with any space.If we tried the proposed change then we effectively are using Brett in the same style he is already playing but with richards/Calderwood at the end of it we might score a few.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

DALLAS HAS BEEN HERE FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS AND NOW WE WANT TO CONVERT HIM INTO A CENTRE!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

:o Never thought i would see the day!! Thank you Jimmy!! :lol:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

My pleasure!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Hey we signed Dallas and almost immediately shunted him out of position from right to left so what is new. Actually pull your heads in and think about it. When fit, 3 wingers, who would you rather played centre out of them, would you rather drop one of the three and play the likes of DV or Brown at centre.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Nothing is new, including the position he has played for us and consistenty shone in (when fit) EVER SINCE HE CAME. :eusa17:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Brett Dallas represented club, state and country as a right winger Jimmy. He was shunted to the left because we had Jason Robinson at the time. He had never played fullback either but has done so successfully for the club. Centres are our weak links, who is our most reliable back :wink: who would least let you down as a centre :exc:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

The thing that wound me up about this topic was that Basil copped flak for tinkering from DaveO principally, but plenty on here were willing to subscribe to his theory. Then, as soon as he goes we get calls for Dallas at centre! If Basil had actually done this he would have been slaughtered!
Stan Doff

Post by Stan Doff »

ok i had to say it.
I wouold drop...

Little Mo
Little Mo
and Little Mo!

Whatever a coach does he is blasted when it does not work. I remember Billy B having a right moan at Endacott when he changes the whole back line in the Grand Final and we lost to Saints. He kept saying why make so many changes for one player then finished of by saying mind you we did exactly the same back in (can't remember the year) BUT WE WON!

no one is interested if a coach has a good idea. Onlyif it results in a win / loss. the later making it obviously a bad choice!