GANSON A JOKE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: GANSON A JOKE

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
You walk forward Rob, the same direction as the play is. You keep your eye on the tackle and then as you call held you run backwards. Run being the operative word. It takes players what on average from held being called to releasing the player? 3 to 5 seconds. Enough time to set the line 10 yards away. Hard work BUT hey these referees are full time and have their own physical conditioning expert.

I would also investigate where SL position themselves. I know NRL referees position themselves differently.
PTB is made, referee walks forwards a few yards then retreats when tackle is being made ready for next PTB.

3-5 seconds - bit slow, thought time got faster as you got older, no slower? If they operated how you suggest the defensive line would never be set and it'd be the referee to blame. You may have a better view of the ruck but you'd call what, 1 or 2 decisions different throughout the game due to the better position but miss offsides at EVERY PTB. Pointless venture.

How do NRL position differently?
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan posted:
And if you want an example of control lost. DV and Mogg fighting.
Handbags. And quickly defused by Ganson.

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
And if you want an example of control lost. DV and Mogg fighting.
One incident in the whole game... DV got a bit frustrated because he couldn't play the ball. Penalty rightly given.

Now... tell me how Ganson could have refereed differently to prevent that?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jammie posted:
as soon as the defending players have got hold of an attacker he's off skipping back ten yards,he cannot see any one of the three players trying to steal the ball,giving out facials infact he cannot see anything until the defenders roll away,and is dependant on those useless idiots with flags i think they are called touch judges although i have forgotten exactly what is in there job discription,and think they just want to get into matches for free.
Why can't he see the ruck from 12 or 13 yards away incidently? I know I can see that distance quite easily.

Are you one of these people who want touch judges to jump around like a child waving in a concorder in the snow to signal an offside? I think the communication system is more effective personally.
jammie

Post by jammie »

what i have noticed when ganson refs our games whenever we build pressure in the opposition 20 meter area he comes up with some wierd decisions against us to relive the pressure he did it again today.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Rob, he does not walk forward at all. Ball is played and he is back pedalling. No forward motion. Sometimes, you have to manouvre to see what is happening even when you go forward. Somebody walking straight back in a straight line has no chance of seeing these. Touch judges are hesitant to get involved. I know you have found it difficult communicating with professional players. It is not easy, nor is it easy to intervene.

The NRL stand in a different place than a SL referee. I think it maybe wider from the POTB. I only know because it was something Russel Smith encountered when he went into the NRL.
jammie

Post by jammie »

no rob i want them to do there jobs,quite often the ball carrier is turned and shielded from the refs view so no i don't want them to jump around waveing there flags just put them up in the air every so often and watch what is going on, and as for the communication thing yes it works very well remember millenium magic and who was involved

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jammie posted:
no rob i want them to do there jobs,quite often the ball carrier is turned and shielded from the refs view so no i don't want them to jump around waveing there flags just put them up in the air every so often and watch what is going on, and as for the communication thing yes it works very well remember millenium magic and who was involved
At Millenium Magic you had a VR giving Ganson information and Ganson acting upon it. You are against the referee acting on information given to him by his touch judges?

Klein was in the wrong at Cardiff, as VR.

Do you really think a TJ stands there without watching what goes on? You're very much mistaken if you do. They're always giving input. What you have to remember though they aren't Wigan fans so won't see things in the same way as most fans do, always in Wigan's favour.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
Rob, he does not walk forward at all. Ball is played and he is back pedalling. No forward motion. Sometimes, you have to manouvre to see what is happening even when you go forward. Somebody walking straight back in a straight line has no chance of seeing these. Touch judges are hesitant to get involved. I know you have found it difficult communicating with professional players. It is not easy, nor is it easy to intervene.

The NRL stand in a different place than a SL referee. I think it maybe wider from the POTB. I only know because it was something Russel Smith encountered when he went into the NRL.
SL referees don't in line with the PTB, always a few yards to one side to get a good angle on the ruck. You will NEVER see an SL referee have his view obscured by a marker and if you do they would not referee again.

Didn't realise it was much different in NRL, I shall have to look out for it next weekend.
Touch judges are hesitant to get involved. I know you have found it difficult communicating with professional players. It is not easy, nor is it easy to intervene.
What makes you say that?
jammie

Post by jammie »

so what communication are you on about? i seem to remember ganson over ruleing a touch judge warrington v wigan didn't briers jump up and down like a baby and ganson gave a penalty for them to win the match,perhaps ganson tells them not to get ivolved and take the spot light off him