A New Owner!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Re: A New Owner!!!

Post by Matthew »

cpwigan posted:
To be honest as long as he does not bring any of the Clarkes back to the fold then he seems fine. If Phil Clarke came back I would have to support the club from a distance.
You're not alone there - I wouldn't want Phil Clarke anywhere near the place - let him stay at sky playing weed to the flowerpot men!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Matthew posted:
cpwigan posted:
To be honest as long as he does not bring any of the Clarkes back to the fold then he seems fine. If Phil Clarke came back I would have to support the club from a distance.
You're not alone there - I wouldn't want Phil Clarke anywhere near the place - let him stay at sky playing weed to the flowerpot men!
:lol: :lol:

I have been thinking about this Lydon link also, would lik to see his RU experienced expressed at Wigan. Flush everything out of the club and start a fresh (apart from Mr Mills probably, oh and doctor Zaman)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

ancientnloyal posted:
Flush everything out of the club and start a fresh (apart from Mr Mills probably, oh and doctor Zaman)
You sure about the good Dr? My dad worked in partnership with this fellow. Lets just say his motivation is purely money, the more the better.

IMO - he should go to pastures new also.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

He has a good name though! Zaman Da Man
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

ancientnloyal posted:
He has a good name though! Zaman Da Man
Or as Greg used to call him "Zam an eggs!"

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

butt monkey posted:
ancientnloyal posted:
Flush everything out of the club and start a fresh (apart from Mr Mills probably, oh and doctor Zaman)
You sure about the good Dr? My dad worked in partnership with this fellow. Lets just say his motivation is purely money, the more the better.

Wasn't he the Dr who stayed all night massaging Radlinski's foot the night before the CC final in 2002?

Whatever his motivation - he didn't do badly by us that day!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Matthew posted:
butt monkey posted:
ancientnloyal posted:

Wasn't he the Dr who stayed all night massaging Radlinski's foot the night before the CC final in 2002?

Whatever his motivation - he didn't do badly by us that day!
You sure that wouldn't be the masseur? I remember an incident at Elland Road, when the good Dr. was unforthcoming on to the field of play, Dean Bell had suffered a serious knock. It took several minutes of appeals (to Dr. Zaman) from near bye fans to disturb the fellow from his reluctance to intervene - FACT!

consigliere

Post by consigliere »

The FACT+ is he has been brilliant for us over the years. He has had players through injuries in record time over and over again.

Do you think he came on because of a few fans? a thousand fans?
Don't be daft pal.
He goes on when he is told to go on - not just if he feels like it.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

cpwigan posted:

Personally, my ideal person to come back to the club to manage it for a rich owner would be Graham Lowe.
Seconded. Clarke comes and I go.
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

BACK TO THE SUBJECT...

It seems to heading the way of the chap from Quins.
I just hope that he takes a very careful look through the WHOLE set up at the club.
What we really need is a new broom to do its jab and sweep through the place.

Yes there are some staff who are great
But there are sadly too many of them who have no passion whatsoever for our club. They put in the minimum effort then go home as soon as possible.

I know many people have the same attitude in their jobs. I do in my own! The difference is i do not care about my firm the way i care about my rugby club.

I hope the new owner looks at everything and everybody!
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY