take over completed!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: take over offical!!

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
What did you think of the interview Dave?
The comments about Lydon being CEO of the holding company are reassuring with Lenegan saying he wants to the run the club. Still can't see why he appointed Lydon because as I said before if he is a puppet what is the point? Sounds like Lenegan wants to be chairman and cheif exec which is fair enough but Lydon's role and influence therefore is a mystery.

As I said had Mo appointed Lydon questions would have been asked about his experience so it is mystifying.

I would have been interested to see what Lenegan alluded to at the start of the interview regarding the ground. He said DW's plan for the ground were very good (or words to that effect) and acted as if DW had already spoken about this and had made an announcement at that conference.

As ever we only get the bits the press want us to see which often leaves out some significant detail.
He clearly outlined how important the JJB lease / Orrell was. No easy task to secure that IMO.
The way I hard that was the club had a 25 year lease and DW had extended it as part of the deal. I was also interested to hear him say the commercial terms the club had secured were very favourable for the club. He compared this to his other interests at Quins and Oxford Utd implying it was a better deal than those where they do are also tenants (I believe).

So I think all the speculation about DW playing hard ball may have been wide of the mark. It sounds as though the deal the club has got on the grounds and commercials is good for club and for that to happen DW had to be willing to agree.

No doubt some will say any such good deal will have been because Lenegan was such a top businessman but at the end of the day DW was not in a position where he was forced to sell with Lenegan having him over a barrel so given what Lenegan has said, DW deserves some credit for selling the club in a viable state and form the sound of it Lenegan didn't have to push hard for this to be the case.

Dave
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

DaveO posted:
Cruncher posted:
Do you want a new coach and a new ground? Presumably not, so why include them in your laundry list of disdain?
I was pointing out very little has changed today from what it would have been had DW not sold up. That is we have the same coach, same ground etc etc. I thought that was obvious and perhaps it is if you don't take things out of context.
An inexperienced CEO, granted. But you don't know how Lenagan's companies work, so you're not in a position to comment.
And neither are you when you say things like: "No decision will be made without his say-so. ". I was responding to a comment YOU made about how Lenegan will do things so saying I am not in a position to comment is a bit rich.

Dave
But, having seen the video of the press conference since I posted that, and having seen what Lydon's real role will be at Wigan, it looks like I was fairly close to the mark.

However, I'll freely admit, I don't know what's going on at Wigan either. So there's no point in us bickering about it. We're all going to have to wait and see what the next development is.

Try and look on the bright side a little bit though, eh. If nothing else, this is the dawning of a new era at the club. The guys leaving were discredited lame-ducks in the eyes of many; having someone more respected at the helm can only be a good thing.
mike binder

Re: take over completed!

Post by mike binder »

now lets get Dean Bell back junior development and Mick Hannon
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

CP WIGAN quoted

I think the Monday press conference will reveal more as regards players etc. At least we now know that Nobby stays in charge, Lydon as expected is the chief executive and the JJB tenure is secured in the short/medium term.

I presume Whelan retains 11% of our club Confused

i think the other 11% is owned by other share holders who bought in to the club in the early sixties

my grandad passed his shares on to my dad and him on to me so i still own part of the club even though it is only a small part.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mike binder posted:
Then say bye bye to Noble because I was under the impression it was disagreement between Noble and Bell that lead to Bell's departure. That is as I recall the rumour being posted at the time Bell left. Something to do with Noble signing Flannagan and Bell already having used the money on a different junior and Bell bieng told he had to back down and therefore go back on his word (to the other junior).

Dave
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Cruncher posted:
DaveO posted:
Cruncher posted:
Do you want a new coach and a new ground? Presumably not, so why include them in your laundry list of disdain?
I was pointing out very little has changed today from what it would have been had DW not sold up. That is we have the same coach, same ground etc etc. I thought that was obvious and perhaps it is if you don't take things out of context.
An inexperienced CEO, granted. But you don't know how Lenagan's companies work, so you're not in a position to comment.
And neither are you when you say things like: "No decision will be made without his say-so. ". I was responding to a comment YOU made about how Lenegan will do things so saying I am not in a position to comment is a bit rich.

Dave
But, having seen the video of the press conference since I posted that, and having seen what Lydon's real role will be at Wigan, it looks like I was fairly close to the mark.

However, I'll freely admit, I don't know what's going on at Wigan either. So there's no point in us bickering about it. We're all going to have to wait and see what the next development is.

Try and look on the bright side a little bit though, eh. If nothing else, this is the dawning of a new era at the club. The guys leaving were discredited lame-ducks in the eyes of many; having someone more respected at the helm can only be a good thing.
Cruncher is the video on the net or did you see it on TV?
Mother Feka

Post by Mother Feka »

Fujiman posted:
Cruncher posted:
DaveO posted: I was pointing out very little has changed today from what it would have been had DW not sold up. That is we have the same coach, same ground etc etc. I thought that was obvious and perhaps it is if you don't take things out of context.

Dave

Cruncher is the video on the net or did you see it on TV?
http://www.wigantoday.net/wigan-news/Le ... 3407394.jp

click on the green 'play' button
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

DaveO posted:
mike binder posted:
Then say bye bye to Noble because I was under the impression it was disagreement between Noble and Bell that lead to Bell's departure. That is as I recall the rumour being posted at the time Bell left. Something to do with Noble signing Flannagan and Bell already having used the money on a different junior and Bell bieng told he had to back down and therefore go back on his word (to the other junior).

Dave
well remembered dave god your good
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Dean Bell and Brian Noble is a no go

Good shout about Mick Hannan though Mike. No offence BUT the new bloke is not in the same league as Mick.
WxmWarrior

Post by WxmWarrior »

Has mick got a son called Sheldon?

Pretty sure its the same lad I played with at 'East.
"[img]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7545 ... orsxt9.jpg[/img]"

"...try the veal, I'm here all week.."