very worrying only 140k left under the cap

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: very worrying only 140...

Post by cpwigan »

Part of the problem Nicky is that players/clubs knew that ML would pay above the odds rather than miss out. As Mano has pointed out, ML kept approachiong players during the season DESPITE knowing we could not afford to do so. He still bid large amounts for them. Heaven knows what would have happened had we been successful. ML seems to have forgotten/ignored that the SC even exists throughout this era.

I like the way South Sydney are being ran following the Crowe/Holmes A Court buyout. Everything is above board / seizing the moral high ground. THey even sacked a sponsor this week :o Imagine DW / ML doing that :wink: IL looks like he wants to return Wigan RLFC to its dignified position whereby we are successful through honest endeavour and a genuine desire to play for / represent what the Cherry n White Shirt represents.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Just watched a interview with IL and i'm begining to warm to this guy.he's very up front about the situation. he says the way the salary cap is its going to be hard in 08 but 09 will be different.

So lets get the inner workings of this club sorted and then we can start to put this last 4 years behind us. I know the thought of another season on the ropes is painful but were begining to see the light at the end of the tunnel and IMO..IL is the best thing to happen to wigan since Lindseys first spell.
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

DaveO posted:
standishwarrior posted:
what do you want him to do then? the guy cant win can he! would you sooner him lie to the fans just to get increased season ticket sales?
What do you mean "What do I want him to do?". I was making the observation that it is 1. highly unlikely he is not telling it like it is (in response to the suggestion he really has signings up his sleeve) and 2. saying the news we have little cap space left may harm season ticket sales.

Where is that slagging him off?

If I had said "IL was wrong to say that because it will harm season ticket sales" you might have had a point but I didn't.
imo he's done the right thing least people know what a mess wigan are in and he's trying to sort it out. if people dont want to renew there season tickets thats upto them.illbe getting mine along with the gf next week.
Good for you. I have already renewed mine but I can't see the current situation at the club regarding next years squad doing a lot for season ticket sales. Are you expecting the signing of Coley to have people queueing up?

Dave
to be honest i couldnt give a t*** about how many season tickets wigan sell.it seems your alot more worried about it than me.if there isnt enough space left on the cap then there aint much lenagan can do is there!in a past post you had a moan that kr have signed another aussie.. so what? again its not lenagans fault where in this position is it!he's mopping up the mess left by doris!
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

the 140k might be after Coley signing and we might be getting rid of a few more players.. who knows what will happen
To be the best
you have to beat the best
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

chrisJJ posted:
we might be getting rid of a few more players..
We haven't got many left to get rid of!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

Just seems to me we are listening to all the same things we listen to every season. I will wait and see what happens as I am not sure I can trust a man who looks like Eric Pollard off Emmerdale.
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

your right there fraggle.......

we only need a god centre the try to get gareth carvell, hay presto perfect tem for us next year.....
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

chrisJJ posted:
the 140k might be after Coley signing and we might be getting rid of a few more players.. who knows what will happen
Dobson for LU LU
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

jaws1 posted:
chrisJJ posted:
Dobson for LU LU
Err.. We would have to pay up his current contract!! :eusa17:
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

jinkin jimmy posted:
jaws1 posted:
chrisJJ posted:
Dobson for LU LU
Err.. We would have to pay up his current contract!! :eusa17:
Not if Catalans took it over