Catalans 40 -v- WIGAN 24

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Catalans 40 -v- WIGAN 24

Post by pedro »

He called held was clearly heard
turf

Post by turf »

When he called held though is the controversial bit. I will watch that incident again later on, on the highlights and get back to you tomorrow on that.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Not really controversial as he would call held after he passed....
turf

Post by turf »

Noble wasn't happy with Bentham though was he? He was furiuos with him at HT. Justin Morgan wasn't happy with Mr Thaler's display today either, acording to the bbc website.

It's a grey area I reckon, when should the referee called held? When is a player officially tackled?
pedro

Post by pedro »

When he stops moving and the ref deems its completed and calls held. It was clear cut. Bentham should have told Noble to look in the mirror if hew wants someone to blame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Wigan were crap... The ref had no bearing on the result... Cant believe some people are blaming the ref and not the coach/players... We were crap and there's not much more to it.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

fred_flintstone

Post by fred_flintstone »

I'm afraid it was virtual Wigan Walk for me on 50 mins! The Mrs was delighted to be handed the remote. I just couldn't watch any more. I give up.
turf

Post by turf »

fred_flintstone wrote:I'm afraid it was virtual Wigan Walk for me on 50 mins! The Mrs was delighted to be handed the remote. I just couldn't watch any more. I give up.
:lol:
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Didn't watch it first time around was out playing bowls watched the tape and here are my conclusions.
First of all the back up games Wigan played Thursday ,Cats played friday so we have had an extra day to recover no excuse .Wigan for me tonight played all the wrong tactics Cats forwards were more bigger and superior than Wigan and what did Wigan do play one out rugby down the middle,if i were coach my direction would have completly the opposite play basketball rugby tire the Cats forwards out.When we did this we looked good the defense again is leaky to say the least.We are going nowhere under Noble he has not moved us up in 3 years at the helm he has no plan B and the interview on SKY looks like he knows he is treading on thin ice granted against Saints we upped our game and if we had played to the same level tonight we would have won 3 Wins from 10 ==failure IL wake up and listen to the fans enough is enough SACK NOBLE .
RJ

Post by RJ »

jaws1 wrote:Didn't watch it first time around was out playing bowls watched the tape and here are my conclusions.
First of all the back up games Wigan played Thursday ,Cats played friday so we have had an extra day to recover no excuse .Wigan for me tonight played all the wrong tactics Cats forwards were more bigger and superior than Wigan and what did Wigan do play one out rugby down the middle,if i were coach my direction would have completly the opposite play basketball rugby tire the Cats forwards out.When we did this we looked good the defense again is leaky to say the least.We are going nowhere under Noble he has not moved us up in 3 years at the helm he has no plan B and the interview on SKY looks like he knows he is treading on thin ice granted against Saints we upped our game and if we had played to the same level tonight we would have won 3 Wins from 10 ==failure IL wake up and listen to the fans enough is enough SACK NOBLE .
I would agree with most of this. I felt we suffered with Hock and Carmont missing and our kicking game was not much in evidence. I don't think Noble has heard of plan B or at least there has never been much sign of one IMO.