Hock Latest?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
old hooker

Re: Hock Latest?

Post by old hooker »

cpwigan wrote:Alcohol destroys far more lives and costs more money than drugs. They should actually close Blackpool on the basis of what it costs re alcohol abuse.
I can see your point re Fekka CP but there is a difference.There was a high degree of provocation in his case and his actions were a one off.Even on the field it is difficult to brand Fekka a player who would hurt someone with malice in his mind.Hock however has admitted that he knew he was doing wrong but continued to break the laws of the game.Having said that i am not in favour of banning Hock forever for what he has done.I hope he makes a comeback in RL after his ban.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I think this problem has been around for a while, and may exist at most clubs and most sports. We all have been told second hand about players habbits some are probably true some not, plenty flying around at the moment about the sudden crop of injuries and if players are out for other reasons may be coincedence may not.
It's a little naive to think a player just gets given stuff when drunk this sort of thing may start that way and then your on it .
I dont think it puts Rads down in any way, I know lads who take and have taken stuff they are not bad people even though I far from agree with what they do, a couple of my old mates took stuff and it was a while before I even knew.
Rads may well not of known.

02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

wink wrote:HOw's this for an excuse. It's a pity Hock did not have a good lawyer. This article is taken from the Daily Telegraph.

PAMELA'S KISS CLEARS GASQUET.

Richard Gasquet, a former Wimbledon semi-finalist who tested positive for cocaine at a tournament in Miami in March, has been cleared to return to the tour.
An independent anti-doping tribunal concluded "it is more likely than not" that the cocaine entered the frenchman's system when he kissed a girl called Pamela in a nightclub the evening before.
Gasquet went to a nightclub during the Winter Music Conference festival in Miami. The tribunal accepted his evidence that he had kissed Pamela about seven times that evening. He gave a urine sample the next day.
The tribunal said: "We conclude that Pamela had deliberately or otherwise, ingested cocaine, before contaminating the player. The player has discharged the onus on him of showing how the prohibited substance entered his system, and is therefore in principle entitled to rely on the defences of 'no fault or negligence', or 'no significant fault or negligence'.
However, the tribunal said Gasquet "placed himself in an environment where contamination with a prohibited substance was a risk".

:wink:
What has this got to do with it? Hock has admitted taking the stuff for months. He even admits he knew he could get banned but kept taking it.

Dave

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

OH quite posssibly but we breed these players like we breed killer dogs. Brian Smith put it far better than I ever could in the 4 Corners Documentary. Which Wigan fan did not love to see Hock go toe to toes with an opposition player, which fans did not enjoy the farcical end to Origin 3 yesterday? Show me a Wigan fan that does not decry Karl Pryce playing like a big jessy?

I do not know why anybody takes drugs so I can only base what others who have say. Andrew Johns actually 'got off' on knowing he was doing something illegal and getting away with it. Right or wrong that is how he felt. Maybe Gareth Hock went through that but also the fear of being found out too.

As for when these drugs are taken. I can only tell you what students have told me and most, near all were taking drugs in groups at night often in someones house or when old enough in a club etc.

As I have said I do not differentiate between all players who have misbehaved whetreas I think some seemingly do. So Feka got called a big fat so and so or even worse a racist slur. Big deal. He will hear the same and worse at most matches. Not a day goes by when a teacher or a police officer are not abused but they do not going around attacking students / members of the public and getting away with it.

Do I think Hock would be treated differently if he was a poor player. Of course, by his club. Not by the RFL as they have no choice.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

medlocke wrote:Nobodys saying ban Hock from Rugby for life or that he shouldn't be given another chance, i'm saying he shouldn't be given a second chance at Wigan, all other clubs that have had drug cheats banned have washed their hands of them, which is what we should be doing and like i have stated before, the only reason people are worrying about Gaz and want the club to keep him sis because of his talent, if it was somebody mediocre nobody would be wanting that player anywhere near the team, would everybody be wanting the club to stick behind Dennis Moran (if it had been him), i think not, big pack of Hypocrits. :eusa18:
i am a Wiganner through and through and i say you need to show some compassion

if you know what that means

:eusa9: :eusa9: :eusa9:
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Whats done is done, and what happens in 2 years will happen, Gaz has done wrong and he knows it, its cost him everything worked for since he was 12 when he joined the club, this in mind he owes alot to the club majority of his life has been spent there. So let it go, all this slagging is not wanted, what happened to once a warrior always a warrior? Gaz is a great player, hope he comes back as good to our club once ban over, all you calling him wake up, a great player who made a mistake, Keep fit Gaz and chin up and come back and show all these doubters you mean business in restoring our faith in you and the club
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

OAMJS wrote:
medlocke wrote:Nobodys saying ban Hock from Rugby for life or that he shouldn't be given another chance, i'm saying he shouldn't be given a second chance at Wigan, all other clubs that have had drug cheats banned have washed their hands of them, which is what we should be doing and like i have stated before, the only reason people are worrying about Gaz and want the club to keep him sis because of his talent, if it was somebody mediocre nobody would be wanting that player anywhere near the team, would everybody be wanting the club to stick behind Dennis Moran (if it had been him), i think not, big pack of Hypocrits. :eusa18:
i am a Wiganner through and through and i say you need to show some compassion

if you know what that means

:eusa9: :eusa9: :eusa9:
why should i show compassion for somebody that has taken many toots on the yeyo, 8 months worth to be exact, if he had taken it only once and then been unfortunate to be tested, then fair enough, but it's like this, you don't just take one toot a night, to sustain the buzz you will take several, how many sesions has he had on the yeyo over the last 8 months then times that by how many toots, surely you can work out that he deserves everything he gets, just because he is talented doesn't mean he is exempt from the rules
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote:How do you feel about Feka Meds?
Feka was minding his own business when some Buffoon started trouble, through mitigating circumstances said buffoon got a shot to the dial, nothing malicious on Fekas behalf, but for people to lump him in with likes of Cockayne, Pryce & Reardon is retarded, the club stood by him and so did the fans. Hock on the other hand has brought shame on him and the club, recreational drugs should carry a bigger penalty IMO, if i was walking down the street and got a pull off the rozzers and was found to be in posession steroids, idoubt any criminal proceedings would be brought against me, however is same pull produced Coke, then i would be up said creek without a paddle, Hock should be let go of and never aloud back no matter what
ability is.
i got pulled of police 3 years ago of police with bag of coke and half ounze of weed and al i got was a caution and which i not touch them for 2 years.
IN WANE WE TRUST
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The problem, with your view Medlocke is that it is hypocritical. You argue that Feka is somehow different from Pryce, Cockayne and many others. He is no different. just as Jon Clarke was no different. Just as Joe Lydon was no different. You need to ask yourself what made the victim want to change his story. It certainly wasn't guilt lol.

If a person said I want Hock out forever and showed me they had said exactly the same for Feka, Lydon and Clarke then I would not argue with them.

Indeed, Ellery had a somewhat murky life as a youngster. So where do we stop?

I would argue that past offenders rarely if ever re offend in RL. None have to my knowledge. All the debate anyhow may be pointless as there is no certainty that Hock will be fit enough to play at the same level after 2 years out of the game.
botica

Post by botica »

The fact remains that the players know the consequences of using performance and recreation drugs. They are lucky enough to be earning a living doing something they love, lets face it had Hock not had Rugby he would have nowt.. Go figure why he threw it all away. I thought the N.O.W article was a positive one, it could have been a whole lot worse and the "others" got off scott free, wonder who spun that one? I hope gareth gets it together and gets another chance..

It does however also show how accepted recreational drug use is by the comments on here.. Drugs wreck lives, in somewhat a different way than alcohol. Drugs are very addictive and become a habbit much faster than alcohol. How many drug users do you know that can do without and how many people who have a pint who can do without??? i have seen how quickly a pot smoker can move on to coke/heroin causing untold grief on the way, stealing, lying. Alcohol is a lot slower and is too a hard life to live with a alcoholic... But a alcoholic doesn't become one over night. Gareth admits he couldn't help himself after such a short time, but he wasn't an addict. He is one step away from being an addict and a long way from a cure if he doesn't admit he has a problem.

People on here should stop grouping alcohol and drugs together as the progression from casual to addict is completley different.
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010