Well what happened there? Bradford 22 Wigan 20

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mickh

Re: Well what happened there? Bradford 22 Wigan 20

Post by mickh »

Good move GP I was going to put on something like reading the rules but you sorted it!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Usually would have changed his name and contacted the user by email but it wouldn't let me for some reason, couldn't even delete the post so had to delete him.

If you happen to be reading Wiganwalk, this is a family site and your username was highly inappropriate.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Last week against Bradford was just a blip IMO . The team have been great all season so far , Bradford 1st half included and dont forget we could have scored 3 tries in the second half but just fell short .MM may have had to kick some bums for the first time last Friday and i am looking forward to see the reaction and the first 20 minutes against a good Hull FC team this Friday .
2002 and EW is hooked
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Deleted User wrote: Although the majority of these so called “hardcore” Wigan fans enjoy booing the team when times are bad they need to understand that Wigan is not the team that it was in the 90’s.
It really annoys me when I see someone say this. It gets trotted out every now and again when people complain about the teams performance when in fact NO ONE thinks Wigan is the team of the 90's. It's just patronising nonsense IMO.

People are judging the team now against their contemporaries in the league as it as now and are not as you imply constantly harking back to great teams from the past.
Taking into account the change in style, rules and fitness rugby league has had during the last 10+ years.
However this mishap has happened at the beginning of the season so Wigan has time to improve on their performance and correct their mistakes.
Therefore I am 100% certain if us Wigan fans spent less time criticising the team and more time following and cheering them on I have no doubt it will bring Wigan back to the once great Grand Slam Glory winning team of 94/95
Part of the fun of being a fan is discussing the losses as well as the wins. The above is just a re-hash of the "happy clapper" never criticise the team posts we had many of last year. They lost, they screwed up in several areas and discussing why is not some heinous crime showing any lack of support.

Dave
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

cpwigan wrote:It was a very rare error. Every player makes them. The player that continually makes them is the problem. I think Oscar Wilde or Jack Gibson once said to make a mistake once is human, to make the same mistake twice is foolish.
LOL!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

All Jack's quotes were borrowed DOD :wink: