Terry Newton

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wigmorewarrior1

Re: Terry Newton RIP

Post by wigmorewarrior1 »

R.I.P. Terry. It is a sad sad day.
Sue d'Nym

Post by Sue d'Nym »

That isn't in the Daily Fail article now - have they got it wrong again?

That comic should be banned
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Sue d'Nym wrote:That isn't in the Daily Fail article now - have they got it wrong again?

You're right.
The article has been ammended since I quoted it about half an hour ago. Apologies to anyone the quote misled, and to anyone it may have caused offence to.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Condolences to Terry's family and friends.

A sad day for the sport of rugby league and a tragic loss at such a young age.

I will never forget Grand Final night 2003 when he broke down after the defeat against Bradford, in that moment you saw how much it meant to Terry to play for his home town.

100% player for both club and country, especially Wigan.

Rest in peace.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Shaun1967 wrote:
Sue d'Nym wrote:That isn't in the Daily Fail article now - have they got it wrong again?

You're right.
The article has been ammended since I quoted it about half an hour ago. Apologies to anyone the quote misled, and to anyone it may have caused offence to.
I had seen that comment as well online :( glad they have amended it
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I am not blaming anybody etc but can we remove the Daily Mail posts etc? Let's remember Terry how we want to.
NathanCroucher

Post by NathanCroucher »

My thoughts are with Terry's family and friends. He provided us with so many wonderful moments for Wigan and Great Britain. He lived and breathed Rugby League and it is a massive shame it has come to this. He was often quite hot headed but you can't deny he was a passionate character and passion is what makes the sport so great. The image of him crying shall remain an iconic image and shows his love of the club.
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Still shocked and feeling great sadness that he could've felt such despair.

R.I.P. Terry.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BKKWarrior

Post by BKKWarrior »

RIP - very very sad. Sport needs some sort of in depth process for counselling and help when people encounter problems and fall from grace. Terry stood up to be counted on the pitch and subsequently when he had his recent problems, condemning the use of drugs and pushing for more help with education and monitoring. There is so much money in sport but the spread is so severe akin to a third world country and the gap between rich and poor.....hopefully a GF Victory will be dedicated to you