Re: Karl pryce

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wiganers warm to effort and that is part of their frustration with KP but as you say effort is dynamic and if fans see it their attitudes can change too.

One of my most enjoyable times as a Wigan fan was watching/listening to Ronnie Braithwaite get cheered on in his 15 mins of fame by the Wigan crowd. Ellery, Greg, Edwards none were cheered as load as the rocket
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Didnt Bradford have KP at Stand off for a short part of one season prior to him leaving to Union.
He cant be a slouch to play at 6.
Why hasnt he replicated this form at Wigan?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No idea PM but I have seen KP at 6 for the reserves and he was very wooden. He has to stop and get set to pass and he throws a very heavy pass 100 MPH with little or no feel. Soft hands he aint. :)

If he can keep improving he could offer a lot as a winger.

Here's hoping.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I got the impression he's lost some weight over the winter (where everyone else seems to have bulked up). Should improve him.

I did think he showed more of a work ethic than we've seen previously, but I still think he should have dome more with the chances he had today, especially that loose ball he just dropped on when he had plenty time to pick it up and run with it.

As it seems to have been forever...the jury's still out.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Still not at all impressed. Yes a good conversion but that was about it to me. Only possitive was he came in for a few turns of taking the ball in. For his size he seems to stop running when at the defence rather than go through them. Also the sooner he stops holding his shoulder or arm everytime ran a ball in the better, noone can be hurt every tackle, i think he has it in him but just dont see it coming to show
mickh

Post by mickh »

As with Geoff and C_W, nothing special, the goal was a highlight and he looked fitter, he ran the ball in, got involved which was good but didn't look aggressive, knees buckled every time tacklers came in, that clear run he got should have gained more yards than he managed. If we want a barnstorming winger we could put a prop there and he could help with workload in the middle when needed. Don't want to knock him but I cannot see us getting our money back from what has gone on previous
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

How much of this hatred of Karl Pryce stems from the fact that his brother plays for St Helens.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:How much of this hatred of Karl Pryce stems from the fact that his brother plays for St Helens.
Zero I would suggest. I am not sure hate is correct.

KPs biggest problem is his size. Fans see such a big man and expect a barnstorming powerhouse. You then see fans question effort. Lack of effort is a NO NO with Wigan fans.

Remember, this site sponsored KP
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Whelley Warrior wrote:How much of this hatred of Karl Pryce stems from the fact that his brother plays for St Helens.
None whatsoever - it's not hatred so much as frustration.

AS cp points out, we had such high hopes for him a couple of years ago that we chose him as our sponsored player, but his performances were so disappointing that we dropped him.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

GeoffN wrote:
None whatsoever - it's not hatred so much as frustration.

AS cp points out, we had such high hopes for him a couple of years ago that we chose him as our sponsored player, but his performances were so disappointing that we dropped him.
As did Madge, he must have hated him last year too.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."