Amos Roberts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AdamMac

Re: Amos Roberts

Post by AdamMac »

cp, maybe you should change your user name to PCwigan. haha the worlds gone mad. Nothing wrong at all in what you've said, not that you need reasuring. :)

Back on the topic, I hope Amos gets fit for next year because we have a serious player on our hands if he can. I went to virtually every game in 2010 and his early season form was some of the best play I've seen. He was simply unplayable away at cas, exploding off both feet, running and jinking with decelerating, absolutely awesome to watch.

Sams been majestic since moving to full back but I would love to see an Amos pre injury at FB, Josh and paddy on the wings and finch and sam in the halves, with tommy at 9 next year! some bloody fire power there! switch off for a second around the ruck and you're doomed.
RRR

Post by RRR »

Hello God i too was Royal Engineers i left in 2001, joined in 1987 was mostly good times and fond memories
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

gpartin wrote:I'm a racist homophobic gingerist
I don't like Eskimos!
BigJeffLima

Post by BigJeffLima »

None of us are racist we just HATE ryan bailey :D
jobo

Post by jobo »

Bottom line is that Amos had the injury all along, so his ability to play had little to do with his confidence. It may just be that certain people in the club didn't believe him, because they held stereotypical views of Aborigenies.

Anyhow, if the club do allow him the chance to play again and if he gets back to his best, I reckon he'll get a contract extension.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Sorry Warriordp but you are way of the mark and to be honest way out of order.What CP said wasnt anywhere near being racist and i deal with these kind of issues on a regular basis.I think the fact that Roberts is a family Favorited as you mentioned has clouded your judgement slightly.If it had been racist i would have been the 1st to have a go at cp.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

gillysmyhero wrote:Sorry Warriordp but you are way of the mark and to be honest way out of order.What CP said wasnt anywhere near being racist and i deal with these kind of issues on a regular basis.I think the fact that Roberts is a family Favorited as you mentioned has clouded your judgement slightly.If it had been racist i would have been the 1st to have a go at cp.
:eusa2:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

29wes28 wrote:I was in the Army for 5 years I played RL for regiments and my Corp, I have had the great privelidge of playing with and against a lot of Fijian's I know they would agree with my next statement without any bother! They are in the main gentle GIANTS who make great Rugby players the backs are extremely fast and the forwards massive and VERY HARD however they are generaly lazy!
I have had the good fortune to visit Fiji. I would not disagree with what you say above. We stayed at a small resort (just a few cottages and a bar) and the Fijian staff were incredibly unreliable in that they might just decide not to turn up one day. But they would usually send a relative or friend to stand in for them. It just wasn't a problem because that is the culture. Absolutely fantastic people and the memories we have with them when we were there are priceless.

And one reason they are like this is Cava. It's the local brew if that is the right word as it resembles the water in the washing machine after a load of sweaty socks. It's a mild narcotic, tastes foul but they drink quite a lot of the stuff and when they do - the day after is usually a write off!

They love their rugby of either code and knew who Wigan were as well. When I said I was from Wigan they wanted me to go and coach the local team! I am not kidding.