Wigan draw SAINTS home cup Quarter Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stevethegas

Re: Wigan draw SAINTS home cup Quarter Final

Post by stevethegas »

[/quote]there's only one man to blame it`s not the media,if we don`t play at home then my season ticket is going back and thats me done.[/quote]

Sad comment. But while it's understandable, it's a wimpish response.
It's not Wigan RL's fault, so why punish the club we love and support?
Put the pressure elsewhere, not on rugby league.
Yes, life's not fair. But then it never has been. So if we want it badly we should be prepared to support it with numbers, not back out as soon as the going gets tough. Sometimes our numbers at games hasn't given the game the credit it deserves. So don't back out now!
Stevethegas
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Far as I'm concerned if it's not played at the DW I won't be attending wherever it is played as it completely goes against the point of being drawn at home in a cup draw.

Being drawn at home means you play at your own ground, not have to forfeit the right due to do so.

Whelan has said the stadium is available a week on Friday so we should play the match then.

The needs of the clubs supporters should come first, not everyone can meet the additional cost of travel to a neutral venue especially in the present financial climate.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Amusing dichotomy on RedVee. An epic thread pulling Wigan to pieces for not having our own stadium.

Another one pulling their stadium to pieces for being unfinished, roof blowing off, no cladding leaving fans at the mercy of the elements in all stands, faulty electrics and a North Stand where you have to wade through puddles!

I'll stick with the DW! :lol:
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Yep, I've just trawled through a lot of that Kit. How anybody can have a 23 page thread about a rival club, supposedly, not being the sole owners of their stadium is beyond me.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Sutty wrote:Yep, I've just trawled through a lot of that Kit. How anybody can have a 23 page thread about a rival club, supposedly, not being the sole owners of their stadium is beyond me.
Well, the 75-0 was a LONG time ago. Since then, above everything else, we've stolen their last and first derby wins. Our rental situation is pretty much the only thing they can have a go at these days! :lol: