Bradford Enter Administration

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
DaveO

Re: Bradford Enter Administration

Post by DaveO »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I wonder what people think of Noble now?
He has stated that he considering not taking the job on as he has other offers from other clubs.

This guy cant half bull shit, i think hes heard about what was said at the fans meeting that they simply dont want him in there and to be honest i totally agree as it is a step backwards.
It was on the BBC web site he was reconsidering as he said he didn't need the vitriol he had heard was being directed his way.

Well all I can say is if he thought that because of his long association with the club he was just going to walk into this situation and be seen as the second coming he was being very naive.

Far too many angry fans who would no doubt see his involvement as some sort of patronising pre-planned move (whether that is the case or not). He should be able to see this was a possibility as he can't have had his head in the sand these past few weeks.

If he has the genuine interest of the club at heart he needs to man-up, put his case and not run away if the going gets a bit tough. It is a tough situation requiring someone with some resolve not someone who sulks if he is seen with some suspicion by a section of the fan base.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Mick Potter has volunteered to coach them for their next game at least!
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Kittwazzer wrote:Mick Potter has volunteered to coach them for their next game at least!
Doesn't surprise me one bit, always thought he came across as a nice guy.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Well done Mick Potter and the others who have agreed to go back, hope they get treated properly by the club when this whole mess is sorted out
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Only 1 person Brian Noble is concerned about and that his himself! It would be interesting to see if he fled at the time knowing what the Harris debacle meant. Indeed, what was his involvement.
El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

Sky Sports are today reporting potential investors in Bradford have come forward, but, with this rubbish 3 year licensing system will they be awarded a new SL license or be relegated a couple of years after the event? Will they be relegated at the end of this seasson?

Assuming the investors invest that is.
Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

El Bobbers wrote:Sky Sports are today reporting potential investors in Bradford have come forward, but, with this rubbish 3 year licensing system will they be awarded a new SL license or be relegated a couple of years after the event? Will they be relegated at the end of this seasson?

Whilst common sense and logic have nothing to do with this, I really don't se how they could be relegated. If I were an investor looking to buy into a business of any kind, I would want some assurances as to what the business was likely to achieve. In this case, if a businessman were to invest I'm sure that they would want to confirm that the rest of their SL license were to be in place as if not, how can they forecast how to run their business.
A drop from the SL would mean even further financial loss and I doubt as to whether anyone in their right mind would invest in a club if they assumed that the club would be staying in SL.

Either that or the knowledge that the club would start again in the National League and they could plan their investment around that. It all depends on how the RFL deem the best way to deal with the situation (in their infinite knowledge of course)
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

They have now got until Friday 27th. July.
It was on the news last night that Bradford City council will help them. In what way? I didn't quite hear the end of the statement.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Kiwiseddon wrote:
El Bobbers wrote:Sky Sports are today reporting potential investors in Bradford have come forward, but, with this rubbish 3 year licensing system will they be awarded a new SL license or be relegated a couple of years after the event? Will they be relegated at the end of this seasson?

Whilst common sense and logic have nothing to do with this, I really don't se how they could be relegated. If I were an investor looking to buy into a business of any kind, I would want some assurances as to what the business was likely to achieve. In this case, if a businessman were to invest I'm sure that they would want to confirm that the rest of their SL license were to be in place as if not, how can they forecast how to run their business.
A drop from the SL would mean even further financial loss and I doubt as to whether anyone in their right mind would invest in a club if they assumed that the club would be staying in SL.

Either that or the knowledge that the club would start again in the National League and they could plan their investment around that. It all depends on how the RFL deem the best way to deal with the situation (in their infinite knowledge of course)

Could be a potential problem here if not relegated for going into admin - how would Nat League clubs like Halifax, Leigh, Featherstone, etc react, when they have run a straight course with their own affairs. Also, if the RFL gave them monies to stave off the threat of Admin, then every other club would have free reign to ask the RFL for assistance each time they had a cash-flow problem.
I know there's past 'history' with London but this would just exaggerate the situation, with no clear path forward.

IMO the best way to handle it, both politically and financially, would be to relegate the Bulls at the end of the season,but THEN bring back promotion/relegation the next year. Doing it this way would enable the new investors to plan accordingly for a season below SL so their financial forecasts are planned for, and if they are serious investors, with the club at heart, then they can plan their expansion in the lower league to recruit and build for promotion at the end of that season, with a big campaign both on and off-field. Would also aid the RFL with the thorny question of Promotion/Relegation in regards to the way the "Licensing" system is/not working ?
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

Kiwiseddon wrote:

I can evisage a myriad of problems with the Bradford scenario many of which have possibly already been aired, but I am a late addition to this thread and forgive me if I repeat any.

What would any investor be buying?
Setting aside for a moment any TV or other advertising revenue

The ground has been sold which means the only assets are; the players, whose value is likely to diminish on a daily basis as Bradford get nearer to extinction; and the gate receipts. I would imagine that as they do not now own the ground, there will be some rent involved. Even if this is not the case at the moment, it most likely will be something that would be on the horizon for the consideration of any new owner. If Bradford still owned their ground, the chance would be there to escape with an investment virtually unscathed based on the value of the real estate.

(You could make a fortune land filling that bloody big hole)

TV and advertising income would be dependent on their survival in super league.

I cannot see how Bradford could stay in. Even if potential investors are found who are willing to take a punt, what about any solvent clubs in the championship who want entry into the big league. The RFL as the governing body are not immune from being brought before the courts if they fail to properly consider other clubs under their jurisdiction, or act in a manner which is unfair. I have no idea what their own rules say about this situation, but I can be fairly certain that they would be exposed if they bend or adapt any rules to benefit one particular club over another; if it transpires that a disadvantaged party chooses to make an issue of it.

Whilst Bradford may have the support of other super league clubs; I wonder if this support extends to those championship clubs who want into super league. I also wonder how long Bradfords creditors are going to suffer influxes of cash to pay wages, whilst they are left dangling. Even though employee's are preferential creditors, it has to annoying to other creditors that limited or no repayments are heading in their direction whilst others get paid.

I would be very surprised if someone chooses to invest a large amount of cash into an uncertain future based on intangible assets, uncertain gate receipts and fluid player valuation