Micky Mac

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
East Stand Faithful

Re: Micky Mac

Post by East Stand Faithful »

DaveO wrote:And here is one for your thoughts posted by a user on rlfans "captaindan"

"I listen in on a scanner to the referee, tough judges and video ref.

When MickyMac hit the tackle, the linesman said it was ok, then when the player did not get up, the ref stopped play and walked over to see what had gone on. Then, even though he had not been asked, Ganson shouted down the referee's ear,

'he made direct contact with the head, Direct Contact James, DIRECT CONTACT WITH THE HEAD'
It was obvious straight away that Ganson wanted him red carded and from that comment alone, Mr Child sent him off.

At half time, the ref was chatting to the touch judges and said, ' really did not see anything as I was blind sided, but Gans said there was direct contact so I thought I should send him off'

Whatever happened to the video ref saying nothing until asked, did we not learn that lesson when Ganson and Klein cocked up that grand final?
The RFL constantly deny that the fourth official or Video ref says anything, but after listening to them for the last few seasons you would be astonished at what is said.
Just watch on any TV game when the touch judges come in for a chat and don't actually say anything, the ref wll then say to them, yes, so you say he needs a card/penalty/castration....... and they all nod as the video ref has his say on proceedings that he has no right to comment on.

The day that the RFL make the referee's/ touch judges and vid ref's comments available to everyone by broadcasting them like other sports do, is the day that we can start to trust what is going on. Until then, the game is fixed and if I did not love my club, I would seriousley wonder why my money goes into such a crooked game."
DaveO that is shocking if true that Ganson (St Helen's) had an input to a decision that was nothing to do with him.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

DaveO wrote:And here is one for your thoughts posted by a user on rlfans "captaindan"

When MickyMac hit the tackle, the linesman said it was ok, then when the player did not get up, the ref stopped play and walked over to see what had gone on. Then, even though he had not been asked, Ganson shouted down the referee's ear,

'he made direct contact with the head, Direct Contact James, DIRECT CONTACT WITH THE HEAD'
It was obvious straight away that Ganson wanted him red carded and from that comment alone, Mr Child sent him off.

At half time, the ref was chatting to the touch judges and said, ' really did not see anything as I was blind sided, but Gans said there was direct contact so I thought I should send him off'

Whatever happened to the video ref saying nothing until asked, did we not learn that lesson when Ganson and Klein cocked up that grand final?
The RFL constantly deny that the fourth official or Video ref says anything, but after listening to them for the last few seasons you would be astonished at what is said.
Just watch on any TV game when the touch judges come in for a chat and don't actually say anything, the ref wll then say to them, yes, so you say he needs a card/penalty/castration....... and they all nod as the video ref has his say on proceedings that he has no right to comment on.

The day that the RFL make the referee's/ touch judges and vid ref's comments available to everyone by broadcasting them like other sports do, is the day that we can start to trust what is going on. Until then, the game is fixed and if I did not love my club, I would seriousley wonder why my money goes into such a crooked game."
If this is true then the rlfans chap should phone the club and get them to use it as evidence at th hearing tonight,it might just help in our favour, doubt it though as it looks like MM has got his card marked.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Can't this information be used by the club to argue that the sending-off was in contradiction to RFL rules because of Ganson's "illegal" intervention without being requested and therefore the sending-off needs to be considered as sufficient punishment despite the Grade C description?

Perhaps a threat of legal action might concentrate the RFL's collective mind.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

You would have to prove that this interference by ganson is true. you have one mans word who says he listens in but he could be telling porkies. :wink:
Wes

Post by Wes »

Hmm also aren't scanners illegal?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The video refs often have a say in the referees decisions. For exmaple when they change their minds about scrum put ins. None of this is really allowed - but its just the way the refs liek to work - without any transparency.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
jobo

Post by jobo »

Ref MM, what he did was downright stupid and gave Ganson, Childs, whoever the excuse to red card him and if they were of the opinion that he deliberately attacked the head, then they have to send him off. Think his only defence is that it might have been a poorly timed tackle, Lafranchi was already going down and there might just be some mitigation in that it was the neck area that he hit first.
I wouldn't like to say how his disciplinary hearing will go, especially after the Rangi Chase incident but if he gets 3 games I don't think he's much cause for complaint.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Fingers crossed, he just gets a 2 match ban.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Excellent post. From what I have seen of the TV coverage there is no conclusive evidence. Yes it was a bit late, but I've seen those tackles in every game all year long - the normal reaction of a referee is to sin bin in such circumstances. The contact was high but it is unclear where the initial contact was made therefore the referees reaction should have been to put the incident on report.

I am hoping that Wigan's recording of the game provides some beneficial evidence.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

29wes28 wrote:Hmm also aren't scanners illegal?
I don't think listening in to anything is illegal, it only becomes an offence if the information gained is used for an illegal pupose. Listening to police frequesncies is ok. Letting a burglar know you've heard the police are on their way to collar him isn't.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09