Leigh v Wigan Friendly

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Leigh v Wigan Friendly

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Kaii wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: I reckon Hampshire will play more than not this season. An awful lot of positives in that game considering the average age. And I don't think Leigh played particularly badly either. Some of their tries took some scoring!
Rocky definitely has been putting in the extra work training-wise since last season, just a couple of months and you can see he's packed on some muscle but done in a smart way as to not effect his natural speed. IMO Leigh were very good and never stopped trying all the way through, that winger Alex Brown looks to have settled in well.
Ex Hull KR I believe!
Yes he is kitt :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
DaveO wrote: No it doesn't. People making the observation he didn't play well in one game doesn't mean he "is now established as number one target".

That is quite a ridiculous thing to say.

And if a player is as consistently as poor as Lauaki was, discussing that isn't "targeting" the player either.

The implication that posters have some sort of vendetta against players is as daft as someone suggesting the club were right to sell Hansen because he wasn't giving 100%.
The only thing ridiculous is you saying that it does not happen because it has always gone on with the father of Sean O'Loughlin being a classic example in the early eighties.

No vendetta's, just childishness!

Gang of 4 took over early 80s!

Maurice Lindsay and Jack Robinson joined the board during the 1979/80 season and together with Jack Hilton and Tom Rathbone formed a new board of only four at a shareholder's meeting in November 1982.

Sorry about being out a little bit!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Watching the game again Sarginson looks an excellent signing.

BTW The Leythers were crying about their disallowed try for a forward pass. IT WOULD HAVE EVEN BEEN FORWARD IN UNION!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
DaveO wrote: No it doesn't. People making the observation he didn't play well in one game doesn't mean he "is now established as number one target".

That is quite a ridiculous thing to say.

And if a player is as consistently as poor as Lauaki was, discussing that isn't "targeting" the player either.

The implication that posters have some sort of vendetta against players is as daft as someone suggesting the club were right to sell Hansen because he wasn't giving 100%.
The only thing ridiculous is you saying that it does not happen because it has always gone on with the father of Sean O'Loughlin being a classic example in the early eighties.

In your case we also get it with the Lenagan in spite of the fact that he has been the best Owner/Chairman since the 'gang of four' took over the club in the late seventies.

So I consistently have nothing but bad things to say about IL do I?

You must have missed my support for his stance re the new league structure for example? Or the numerous other times I have said he has done the right thing?

He makes mistakes too IMO and so on the principle of call a spade a spade he will get criticism as well as praise.

What I find distasteful is how some people feel they have to justify everything the club does and seemingly can't cope if someone takes a different view. I find it particularly annoying when a good player leaves the club the players ability is called into question to justify his exit. Now that really is childish.

And as to vendettas or whatever you want to call it we are talking vendettas on this board and I stick by my point that your conclusion Gelling was new fall guy was ridiculous.

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: The only thing ridiculous is you saying that it does not happen because it has always gone on with the father of Sean O'Loughlin being a classic example in the early eighties.

In your case we also get it with the Lenagan in spite of the fact that he has been the best Owner/Chairman since the 'gang of four' took over the club in the late seventies.

So I consistently have nothing but bad things to say about IL do I?

You must have missed my support for his stance re the new league structure for example? Or the numerous other times I have said he has done the right thing?

He makes mistakes too IMO and so on the principle of call a spade a spade he will get criticism as well as praise.

What I find distasteful is how some people feel they have to justify everything the club does and seemingly can't cope if someone takes a different view. I find it particularly annoying when a good player leaves the club the players ability is called into question to justify his exit. Now that really is childish.

And as to vendettas or whatever you want to call it we are talking vendettas on this board and I stick by my point that your conclusion Gelling was new fall guy was ridiculous.
And I stick to my point that IL is the best thing to happen to our club since the days of the gang of four despite your petty and constant swiping at him.