England v Australia - Spoiler

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
The Eclipse

Re: England v Australia - Spoiler

Post by The Eclipse »

cpwigan wrote:The best laugh are the comments from Sheen and Smith. The Smith one is truly bizarre. No wonder Smith was thanking Sutton so sincerely at the end of the game. Suttons appointment was wrong but to then have his brother as VR :o
It's going to be interesting in our office tomorrow morning CP, i work with Gerard Sutton's wife and i shall be telling her what i think, btw, Jenning's didn't have downward pressure when he scored.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The Eclipse wrote:
cpwigan wrote:The best laugh are the comments from Sheen and Smith. The Smith one is truly bizarre. No wonder Smith was thanking Sutton so sincerely at the end of the game. Suttons appointment was wrong but to then have his brother as VR :o
It's going to be interesting in our office tomorrow morning CP, i work with Gerard Sutton's wife and i shall be telling her what i think, btw, Jenning's didn't have downward pressure when he scored.
Fly on the wall :) for that one.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

[IMG]http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q66 ... 3e8734.jpg[/IMG]

Tell me the difference between the game above Souths v Storm & Oz v England?

Oh I forgot, the Aussies would have been out of the tournament if it had been awarded. And as the caption says, no way would an Aussie ref/video ref let that happen :angry:

Brothers at that!!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

My decision to stay in bed was the right one, we were never going to win and can't believe the masses thinking we would be allowed to knock the Aussies out of the tournament, they've stopped us before and they will again
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

cpwigan wrote:We just did not get many breaks from the official. I thought the late hits on kickers was an easy cast iron penalty. Bird is a nasty grub although I think Faz may get a 1 game suspension for the 'chicken wing'.
We should have had at least 3 penalties for late hits on Smith after he had kicked the ball. In general there were more than a few dubious penalties given to Australia and a serious lack of penalties given to England.

On the Hall no try I can totally see how it wasnt given. However by the same token if Hall's wasnt given there is no way that Jennings try should have been when he had clearly lost control of the ball. There is simply no way they should have been decided by an Australian ref and video ref.

If McNamara had put Clark back on 15 mins sooner we win that game. Hodgson was out on his feet, which led to Australia's winning try, and we looked a lot better whenever Clark was on the field.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

We were cheated, but it comes as no surprise with a Aussie as the video referee in addition to a Aussie referee on the field.

As for the try, you can bet that if it had been the other way, it would have been a try.

No wonder supporters no longer show the same interest in International Rugby League, especially games between ourselves and Australia.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

From League HQ
Australia coach Tim Sheens wants England's Liam Farrell charged for a chicken wing tackle on Greg Inglis – and Cameron Smith says he has no doubt he was tripped by rival captain Sean O'Loughlin. Asked if he thought action should be taken against Farrell, Sheens said "yes": Smith added; "You know when you've been tripped. I don't know if it was a reflex action." Three players were booked in the opening 17 minutes – Australia's Greg Bird was the other. Sheens expressed his disgust at that decision. Rival coach Steve McNamara did not expect the Wigan pair to be charged – "not after there was no action last week." Further controversy surrounded Ryan Hall's late disallowed try that would have levelled the score with a conversion to come. The English winger was adamant he grounded the ball. "I knew I touched the ball. I didn't make a song and dance about it because I didn't see myself touch the ball. Under Super League rules that's a try. I don't want to dwell on it because it'll drive me crazy," Hall said.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:From League HQ
Australia coach Tim Sheens wants England's Liam Farrell charged for a chicken wing tackle on Greg Inglis – and Cameron Smith says he has no doubt he was tripped by rival captain Sean O'Loughlin. Asked if he thought action should be taken against Farrell, Sheens said "yes": Smith added; "You know when you've been tripped. I don't know if it was a reflex action." Three players were booked in the opening 17 minutes – Australia's Greg Bird was the other. Sheens expressed his disgust at that decision. Rival coach Steve McNamara did not expect the Wigan pair to be charged – "not after there was no action last week." Further controversy surrounded Ryan Hall's late disallowed try that would have levelled the score with a conversion to come. The English winger was adamant he grounded the ball. "I knew I touched the ball. I didn't make a song and dance about it because I didn't see myself touch the ball. Under Super League rules that's a try. I don't want to dwell on it because it'll drive me crazy," Hall said.
The Aussies were on their part, were as usual, a bunch of angels!
ian.birchall

Re: England v Australia

Post by ian.birchall »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:This is dreadful. Every time we kick Matty or Widdop are being taken out
My sentiments entirely. I thought Smith must have been clobbered 20 times 3-4-5seconds after his every kick in the first half, where were our forwards when they should have been exacting retribution?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Morph wrote:And Cameron Smith may be a good player but he's a cheating little shit as well. he's always 3rd man in on the tackle. Today he did a 3rd man flop, no penalty, then the very next tackle he late held down the man going back in for a second grab, again nothing.

Today we were well and truly shafted by the Australian RFL. It's an absolute disgrace that neutral refs were not used. the penalty count was 2:1 against us. That bent f@cker of a ref was giving them everything and conveniently ignoring the infringements against us. there was no-way in hell that the ozzies were going to allow themselves to be knocked out the tournament. The after match comments by Sheens & Smith were just what you come to expect from them. You can bet that if the try was scored by Australia it would have given!!
Cameron Smith is the ultimate Rugby League business man. Takes everything to the limit and considers everything he does. Don't think he's a cheat or third man chicken just treats his job in thoroughly professional way.

Pleasing thing is that our players are almost there. The bugger is we've been saying that for the past 30 odd years or so.