Should we sell Jack Hughes to Warrington?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Should we sell Jack Hughes to Warrington?

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

bomhead wrote:"I have read this post and I agree with all - I do believe we are not using larne to his strengths but that is just my opinion (I don't think the giants do either). I know we can't keep every home grown wigan lad at the club but surely we should take the best - look at dwyer for the wire lads who I know from ince played with him for years and said he wanted to play for wigan but nothing came of it now he is a star at warrington - I also have heard recently that youngsters from wigan are going to other superleague clubs because the set up at wigan youth is lacking - waney has a foul mouth and is very aggressive and Jordan James doesn't have a clue. this is just what I have heard - can anyone shed any light on why our club is falling down in recruitment"

this was my original post I was only trying to point out that a lot of our home grown lads are slipping through the net if you ask me from people I talk to and - the friend I speak about was desired by a few clubs as was his friend they are both from Cumbria - one went to stains and the other to the giants(my friend to the giants)a lot of people on here think that I am having a go at the club I am just making an observation of something that needs addressing in my opinion
I honestly don't know what your point is!! We currently have about 14 players in our current squad that came through our youth system. We will lose out on some other players and make the wrong decisions on some others, every team does but in a nutshell we get it right more than most other teams if not all!

One last question, can you name all the home grown lads that have slipped through the net and gone on to have fantastic SL careers? I guarantee the number that has done it with Wigan rather than another club is significantly higher!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
bomhead wrote:"I have read this post and I agree with all - I do believe we are not using larne to his strengths but that is just my opinion (I don't think the giants do either). I know we can't keep every home grown wigan lad at the club but surely we should take the best - look at dwyer for the wire lads who I know from ince played with him for years and said he wanted to play for wigan but nothing came of it now he is a star at warrington - I also have heard recently that youngsters from wigan are going to other superleague clubs because the set up at wigan youth is lacking - waney has a foul mouth and is very aggressive and Jordan James doesn't have a clue. this is just what I have heard - can anyone shed any light on why our club is falling down in recruitment"

this was my original post I was only trying to point out that a lot of our home grown lads are slipping through the net if you ask me from people I talk to and - the friend I speak about was desired by a few clubs as was his friend they are both from Cumbria - one went to stains and the other to the giants(my friend to the giants)a lot of people on here think that I am having a go at the club I am just making an observation of something that needs addressing in my opinion
I honestly don't know what your point is!! We currently have about 14 players in our current squad that came through our youth system. We will lose out on some other players and make the wrong decisions on some others, every team does but in a nutshell we get it right more than most other teams if not all!
that is my point I don't think we do get it right more than most and we don't recruit as well as other clubs either
TrueBlueWarrior

bomhead wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:

that is my point I don't think we do get it right more than most and we don't recruit as well as other clubs either
What do you base your evidence on? One of your mates lads failing on trial at Wigan because SW shouted to much?

Name me one team in SL with as many quality home grown youngsters playing in their team as we have? I agree our recruitment could've been better at times but in recent years we have been one of the most successful teams in SL so our recruitment can't be that bad but again we have made some poor signings as all teams have!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
bomhead wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: I honestly don't know what your point is!! We currently have about 14 players in our current squad that came through our youth system. We will lose out on some other players and make the wrong decisions on some others, every team does but in a nutshell we get it right more than most other teams if not all!
What do you base your evidence on? One of your mates lads failing on trial at Wigan because SW shouted to much?

Name me one team in SL with as many quality home grown youngsters playing in their team as we have? I agree our recruitment could've been better at times but in recent years we have been one of the most successful teams in SL so our recruitment can't be that bad but again we have made some poor signings as all teams have!!
we have been one of the top teams due to our overseas players who haven't been replaced with quality - George carmont, pat Richards, blake, Hoffman, finch, lima none of these players have been replaced with top quality singings

Leeds - loose peacock sign cuthbertson class signing
warrington need a good second hooker after MM goes sign darl clark

fare enough they may not have as many home grown as us but 2 of the better players from wigan (which my original argument was based on) dwyer - ince and wilde (warrington also) shevy dwyer is a hooker and wilde a loose so why haven't we kept hold of these 2 or even looked into them? if you are a team that builds on home grown talent like we seem to have become why have we not got the best of them
TrueBlueWarrior

bomhead wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
bomhead wrote: that is my point I don't think we do get it right more than most and we don't recruit as well as other clubs either

we have been one of the top teams due to our overseas players who haven't been replaced with quality - George carmont, pat Richards, blake, Hoffman, finch, lima none of these players have been replaced with top quality singings

Leeds - loose peacock sign cuthbertson class signing
warrington need a good second hooker after MM goes sign darl clark

fare enough they may not have as many home grown as us but 2 of the better players from wigan (which my original argument was based on) dwyer - ince and wilde (warrington also) shevy dwyer is a hooker and wilde a loose so why haven't we kept hold of these 2 or even looked into them? if you are a team that builds on home grown talent like we seem to have become why have we not got the best of them
Can you tell me what these kids have done in the SL to make us regret not signing them?

Do all the best young players in Leeds play for Leeds? Same goes for Warrington! Same goes for footballers in Liverpool playing for Liverpool, Chelsea playing for Chelsea, your argument is unrealistic!!

Cuthbertson plays when Peacock plays so he is not a replacement. Daryl Clark has not exactly set the SL on fire since signing for Wire! Every SL team makes good signings and bad signings its par for the course, just have to hope more work out than don't!
pedro

Post by pedro »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
bomhead wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:No wonder many WIGAN supporters no longer contribute.

To suggest that recruitment of young players at Wigan has dropped in standard over the last two seasons or so is nonsense as proved by results etc and Mcllorum signed for Wigan, not because Leeds had no room for him, but because, as said by himself in a article, he wanted to get away from any possible trouble he may have got himself into, having come from one of the worse estates in Leeds.

Why some take delight in spending their time coming out with anything so silly or wrong is beyond the thinking of any true supporter.

Yes, we can all find fault with certain things at the club, but when it gets into the world of nonsense and wrong assumptions about why any player signed for Wigan, it time for a halt.

p.s. As for Wane being foul mouthed, named me a Coach who is not if something is wrong!
I am a true supporter and an honest one at that if you think are recruitment is great because we signed MM an age ago you are lying to yourself - if you want to strengthen your pointless argument you should single out John who we took form Bradford which at the time he was there most promising talent or Scott Taylor.

I could name lots of coaches world over that don't need foul language to get their point across and not the odd curse from what a parent told me of an upcoming star in the game he took his son from wigans camp because of waney. he much preferred the giants and there set up I don't think Paul Anderson goes around kicking the ground and bullying players he doesn't like!

what should a 'true supporter' like you think then?

every other SL club around us is recruiting well and keeping hold of there home grown talent and taking ours this is the facts
How many of our current squad came through our youth system?
21 OUT OF 30
TrueBlueWarrior

pedro wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
bomhead wrote: I am a true supporter and an honest one at that if you think are recruitment is great because we signed MM an age ago you are lying to yourself - if you want to strengthen your pointless argument you should single out John who we took form Bradford which at the time he was there most promising talent or Scott Taylor.

I could name lots of coaches world over that don't need foul language to get their point across and not the odd curse from what a parent told me of an upcoming star in the game he took his son from wigans camp because of waney. he much preferred the giants and there set up I don't think Paul Anderson goes around kicking the ground and bullying players he doesn't like!

every other SL club around us is recruiting well and keeping hold of there home grown talent and taking ours this is the facts
21 OUT OF 30
Exactly!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

pedro wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
bomhead wrote: I am a true supporter and an honest one at that if you think are recruitment is great because we signed MM an age ago you are lying to yourself - if you want to strengthen your pointless argument you should single out John who we took form Bradford which at the time he was there most promising talent or Scott Taylor.

21 OUT OF 30
Exactly, but to some the grass is always greener on the other side or in the case of our game, player recruitment from youth level is always better elsewhere in spite of yet again our Academy being top of the league.

Its the recruitment of top class players from outside the club that needs to be addressed, especially from down under before we worry about the odd fish slipping the net at youth level.
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

I still stand by what I say - Cuthbertson is a replacement for Peacock who will be retiring at the end of the season and Dwyer has set SL a light if you ask me or any other none basis fan and I know not all kids from there home town will play for them but surely the best should! - if your all so happy with wigans youth how come you all slate them on here! I agree our international signings do need to improve and I notice how none of you came back at me at how our international signings that we have lost have been replaced - if some one makes a good point I agree.

if the youth set up at wigan is great we must have some massive stars coming through and I hope wigan keep them and can't wait to see them in a cherry a white shirt but I highly doubt they will fork out the cash for them.

Wane told ST when he was a kid that he is too small and should find another sport! and your trying tell me this guy knows how to look after our future youth - he is a cave man of a prop good for one thing beasting players and teaching them the honour of Wigan - he is out of his depth
TrueBlueWarrior

bomhead wrote: I still stand by what I say - Cuthbertson is a replacement for Peacock who will be retiring at the end of the season and Dwyer has set SL a light if you ask me or any other none basis fan and I know not all kids from there home town will play for them but surely the best should! - if your all so happy with wigans youth how come you all slate them on here! I agree our international signings do need to improve and I notice how none of you came back at me at how our international signings that we have lost have been replaced - if some one makes a good point I agree.

if the youth set up at wigan is great we must have some massive stars coming through and I hope wigan keep them and can't wait to see them in a cherry a white shirt but I highly doubt they will fork out the cash for them.

Wane told ST when he was a kid that he is too small and should find another sport! and your trying tell me this guy knows how to look after our future youth - he is a cave man of a prop good for one thing beasting players and teaching them the honour of Wigan - he is out of his depth
So let me get this right because Leeds signed Cuthbertson to replace Peacock that makes all our recruitment awful?

Dwyer has set SL alight this season? Wire released him then paid to sign him back and he has far from set SL alight, unlike Manfredi, Budgie, Williams who have all had far better seasons than him.

I never slate our youth players, I might say some need to move on if I feel they are not good enough but that is not 'slating' them!

Is Clubb, Bateman, Gelling, Bowen, Tomkins, Flower etc. not good recruitment?

I would also say that MM, Charnley, Budgie, Williams, Farrell, Tomkins, Manfredi, Lockers etc are at least SL Stars wouldn't you or at the very worst becoming them. 21 of our current 30 man squad is through our youth tell me another club like that? No club has the right to monopolise all the youth talent it is common sense at times the odd one will slip through the net, your point again is unrealistic!!

You are clearly trying to have another dig at SW, using our recruitment you might just get away with it but bringing our youth system into it is ludicrous and quite frankly very silly!!