Squad v Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: Squad v Hull FC

Post by Owd Codger »

Would some be wishing for one of our players to be banned if it was one of the favourite players and not TT?

I doubt it!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Would some be wishing for one of our players to be banned if it was one of the favourite players and not TT?

I doubt it!
I don't wish to see him banned but if he is, then based on current form, he won't be missed.

Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Without labouring the point, it's not who it is but what they do that merits (or otherwise) a suspension. Would any of us have been forgiving if an opponent did that to TT?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

You seem to be backtracking there SS. If I remember correctly it was for his general play you were hoping he'd be banned, not for the tackle?
And that takes us nicely back to my comment re.Wishing for suspension due to player inadequacies?!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
markill

Post by markill »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Would some be wishing for one of our players to be banned if it was one of the favourite players and not TT?

I doubt it!
I wish he hadn't put the Hull player into such a dangerous position so we wouldn't have to have this conversation. Whilst he quality is questionable, this is about the injury he might have caused and nothing else.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

butt monkey wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:You could tell there wasn't by the look on his face after it happened imo
My Mrs said exactly the same.
Yet the same player had his hands between the players legs in order to lift him up!

He either intended it (not the spearing part) or he actually doesn't know what he is doing on a rugby pitch :roll: Either way he will get banned and that is down to pure stupidity at a moment when Wigan were really under pressure and did not need such actions
Stupidity, bad technique yes, intent to hurt definitely no.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: My Mrs said exactly the same.
Yet the same player had his hands between the players legs in order to lift him up!

He either intended it (not the spearing part) or he actually doesn't know what he is doing on a rugby pitch :roll: Either way he will get banned and that is down to pure stupidity at a moment when Wigan were really under pressure and did not need such actions
Stupidity, bad technique yes, intent to hurt definitely no.
And he apologised which is more than be said about Anderson after his kick at Powell which resulted in only a disgraceful two match ban.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Wandering Warrior wrote:You seem to be backtracking there SS. If I remember correctly it was for his general play you were hoping he'd be banned, not for the tackle?
And that takes us nicely back to my comment re.Wishing for suspension due to player inadequacies?!
And let's hope Tautai gets suspended so we don't have to suffer him on the field again this season.

Which is what I said. The comment was meant to be specifically about the ugly nature of the 'tackle' which needs to taken out of the game but I won't be sorry if he isn't available for selection this season as we have better players who make less errors and have a better understanding of what it takes to play and win a match. I hope he learns a lesson, knuckles down and proves me wrong next season.

It's getting longer than Gone With The Wind, this thread.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Southern Softy wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:You seem to be backtracking there SS. If I remember correctly it was for his general play you were hoping he'd be banned, not for the tackle?
And let's hope Tautai gets suspended so we don't have to suffer him on the field again this season.

Which is what I said. The comment was meant to be specifically about the ugly nature of the 'tackle' which needs to taken out of the game but I won't be sorry if he isn't available for selection this season as we have better players who make less errors and have a better understanding of what it takes to play and win a match. I hope he learns a lesson, knuckles down and proves me wrong next season.

It's getting longer than Gone With The Wind, this thread.
But not War and Peace :exc:
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

In other words, the hope for a suspension by some is more to do with not liking the player rather than the offence he committed.