Konrad Hurrell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Konrad Hurrell

Post by josie andrews »

I agree, we may have to lose players to better improve the squad. But how do we know that Carney is free to move. I've heard Hurrell is but does he want to come to us?

I'm not saying Patrick was a star recruit but he returned to Huddersfield because the club would have had to pay compensation as he still had a year left on his contract. That is why I felt the loan deal between him & Hughes wasn't well thought out in the first place, as the only one to gain anything out of it was Jack. He got regular starting first team games & benefited by his contract running out with us & him getting a new contract with Warrington where he will again get regular starting spots.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cpwigan wrote:We will never sign Hurrell and Carney. We do not need them, we are going to have a fantastic ext 3 years. I know it because IL said it. See no swearing!
Oh dear. Sarcasm again.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Wayne says the club are not interested in Hurrell, and that is why we will always be second best lacking the attacking star we used to have. Wane last year said the club were always interested in class players " Well evidently not"

southernpie

Post by southernpie »

ddtftf wrote:Wayne says the club are not interested in Hurrell, and that is why we will always be second best lacking the attacking star we used to have. Wane last year said the club were always interested in class players " Well evidently not"
Aw thanks ddtftf crush any dreams I may have :(
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
josie andrews wrote: FFS cp, give it a rest. We all know your opinion on the Wigan club, its owner, it's coach & its players! Why do you even bother watching or 'so called' supporting Wigan Warriors when it obviously does not meet your expectations or criteria!

You'd be better using your time & your talents supporting or watching a sport that meets your expectations of a successful club with a perfect owner, perfect coach, perfect playing personnel & even more perfect fellow supporters! :wink:
No need to swear. It is the Wigan Way to have such expectations / demands. The moment you no longer do you end up in old Division 2

Back on topic and without foul language. We will never sign Hurrell and Carney. We do not need them, we are going to have a fantastic ext 3 years. I know it because IL said it. See no swearing!
You are a very frustrating individual to the point of being boring in your repetitiveness & where does it say 'for flipping sake' is swearing ...... :wink:
Hear, Hear!
RC

Post by RC »

I'm all for giving the youngsters a chance, but we really do need a few class signings. My stepdad has spoken to Wane in person after his son got signed on a Scholarship and he said he imagines a future team full of players who have been brought up from the Wigan setup. Although this is a noble goal, that I personally do believe will work out in a few years time, why do they refuse to bring in some NRL players? We need a centre, 6 and probably a good Prop.

Replace Smith with Hampshire. I really love Smiths passion and work-ethic, but he's an average player in a very important position.

Why not go for Hurrell? With Tomkins coming back and the two of them being close mates, he could be persuaded to come to Wigan.

Get a big Prop. There is a young prop who has just been released in the NRL. 6''5 and 18 stone. He's so-called a rising star who had an unfortunate incident off the field (Alchohol I think.) Willis Meehan is his name.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

southernpie wrote:
ddtftf wrote:Wayne says the club are not interested in Hurrell, and that is why we will always be second best lacking the attacking star we used to have. Wane last year said the club were always interested in class players " Well evidently not"
Aw thanks ddtftf crush any dreams I may have :(
:roll:
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

RC wrote:I'm all for giving the youngsters a chance, but we really do need a few class signings. My stepdad has spoken to Wane in person after his son got signed on a Scholarship and he said he imagines a future team full of players who have been brought up from the Wigan setup. Although this is a noble goal, that I personally do believe will work out in a few years time, why do they refuse to bring in some NRL players? We need a centre, 6 and probably a good Prop.

Replace Smith with Hampshire. I really love Smiths passion and work-ethic, but he's an average player in a very important position.

Why not go for Hurrell? With Tomkins coming back and the two of them being close mates, he could be persuaded to come to Wigan.

Get a big Prop. There is a young prop who has just been released in the NRL. 6''5 and 18 stone. He's so-called a rising star who had an unfortunate incident off the field (Alchohol I think.) Willis Meehan is his name.
A big young prop. Have you seen the size of Joe Bretherton, and Sam Kibula 17 stone at 16 years of age who has just been promoted to the academy from the scholarship? As for Hurrell could it not be that Sam has been asked about him and said don't bother? In a recent interview on Wigan tv Sam was less than complimentary about the culture at the NZ Warriors. If Hurrell is the superstar some people think, why are they letting him go?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote: No need to swear. It is the Wigan Way to have such expectations / demands. The moment you no longer do you end up in old Division 2

Back on topic and without foul language. We will never sign Hurrell and Carney. We do not need them, we are going to have a fantastic ext 3 years. I know it because IL said it. See no swearing!
You are a very frustrating individual to the point of being boring in your repetitiveness & where does it say 'for flipping sake' is swearing ...... :wink:
Hear, Hear!
Says the person who comes out and accuses people of criminal actions without any evidence!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Waney says talk of Hurrell is "wide of the mark".

So if there is to be another signing why would it not be Carney?
Rumours are he's been told he won't play for Cas again.
The player he apparently (Rumoured) fell out with was Nathan Massey. Massey has re-signed on a four year deal.

Cas will find it difficult gaining a substantial fee for Carney, they may accept a moderate offer, or less, though.

I reckon he'll have a new club for next season though.