Gallows Pole being constructed for Sam Burgess.

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
BriH

Re: Gallows Pole being constructed for Sam Burgess.

Post by BriH »

cpwigan wrote:Turning on Andy Faz now

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-union ... gland-team
Easy targets for the RaRa - blame it on the RL guys.
Mind, I seem to remember a certain Billy Wizz who, if you hadn't known better, had always played Union!!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:Turning on Andy Faz now

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-union ... gland-team
It was always coming, the fact his lad was picked ahead of Ford for one example.
In one newspaper, pudding boy Vunipolo was saying that all the England players resented Burgess being picked and it was causing a rift in the squad although he is denying it now.
The RFU is a blame culture never looking at themselves for fault. There even trying to blame the coaching staff for not insisting Armitage should be in the squad when their ruling was he couldn't be selected.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... -camp.html
endoman

Post by endoman »

dropped from the squad now, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34455186 **

Can't see him doing 4 more years to suffer the same idiots giving him stick for the brainless fat lads up front not knowing the rules.

** fixed your link - Josie :)
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cpwigan wrote:Anybody notice another game of 'rugby' being played in Manchester; the same day as the GF!!!!!!
Not just that but according to a workmate there is a gaming expo at Event City on the weekend as well. Could be a bit chaotic getting in and out of Manchester.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Billy Vunipola claims England's World Cup failure was caused by selecting Sam Burgess

BILLY VUNIPOLA has claimed England's failed Rugby World Cup campaign was ripped apart by the controversial selection of Sam Burgess ahead of Luther Burrell.

England coach Stuart Lancaster faces the sack after his flops crashed 33-13 to Australia at Twickenham on Saturday night to end their hopes of a place in the last eight.

And England No 8 Vunipola, whose World Cup was wrecked by injury, has lifted the lid on the split in the camp caused when ex-Rugby League star Burgess was preferred to Burrell, who many England players believed had earned his place.

Vunipola made the remarks at a London charity dinner hosted by former England scrum-half Kyran Bracken on Thursday night when he also appeared to question the influence backs' coach Andy Farrell had on Stuart Lancaster's set-up.

Vunipola is reported to have said that Farrell did the coaching, not Lancaster, and made England play like a rugby league side.

England went spinning out with a Pool A game to spare to become the first host nation in World Cup history not to reach the knockout stages.

The epic failure has made English rugby a laughing stock and is expected to cost both Lancaster and cock-up captain Chris Robshaw their jobs.

Lancaster has a contract until 2020 but is poised to resign following an RFU investigation into the catastrophe when the tournament finishes.

He knows his reputation as an international coach is now in tatters and said: "I don't think I'll ever come to terms with it, personally, because it was such a big thing.

"As a coach, I've had some great moments coaching England and I've had some disappointing ones.

"But this pales everything else into insignificance because of what the tournament means to everyone.

"I need some time and the RFU does as well. I think we'll make the right decision at the right time
CONTROVERSIAL CHOICE: Sam Burgess
"At the end of the day I'm the head coach and we didn't get out of the pool.
"It's stating the obvious but it's going to sit with us all forever, players, coaches and management."

The disaster could see RFU chief executive Ian Ritchie sacked as well for sticking to an RFU policy that blocks overseas stars like Toulon's Steffon Armitage from being picked for England.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/rugby-world- ... am-Burgess
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Apart from money, why Burgess decided to go into this bitter and twisted game is beyond me.

The only reason they accept Owen Farrell is because he is a top class goal kicker which is the main part of scoring. If they find a better kicker he too will be dropped as well, especially with his dad being for the chop!
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

josie andrews wrote:Billy Vunipola claims England's World Cup failure was caused by selecting Sam Burgess

BILLY VUNIPOLA has claimed England's failed Rugby World Cup campaign was ripped apart by the controversial selection of Sam Burgess ahead of Luther Burrell.

England coach Stuart Lancaster faces the sack after his flops crashed 33-13 to Australia at Twickenham on Saturday night to end their hopes of a place in the last eight.

And England No 8 Vunipola, whose World Cup was wrecked by injury, has lifted the lid on the split in the camp caused when ex-Rugby League star Burgess was preferred to Burrell, who many England players believed had earned his place.

Vunipola made the remarks at a London charity dinner hosted by former England scrum-half Kyran Bracken on Thursday night when he also appeared to question the influence backs' coach Andy Farrell had on Stuart Lancaster's set-up.

Vunipola is reported to have said that Farrell did the coaching, not Lancaster, and made England play like a rugby league side.

England went spinning out with a Pool A game to spare to become the first host nation in World Cup history not to reach the knockout stages.

The epic failure has made English rugby a laughing stock and is expected to cost both Lancaster and cock-up captain Chris Robshaw their jobs.

Lancaster has a contract until 2020 but is poised to resign following an RFU investigation into the catastrophe when the tournament finishes.

He knows his reputation as an international coach is now in tatters and said: "I don't think I'll ever come to terms with it, personally, because it was such a big thing.

"As a coach, I've had some great moments coaching England and I've had some disappointing ones.

"But this pales everything else into insignificance because of what the tournament means to everyone.

"I need some time and the RFU does as well. I think we'll make the right decision at the right time
CONTROVERSIAL CHOICE: Sam Burgess
"At the end of the day I'm the head coach and we didn't get out of the pool.
"It's stating the obvious but it's going to sit with us all forever, players, coaches and management."

The disaster could see RFU chief executive Ian Ritchie sacked as well for sticking to an RFU policy that blocks overseas stars like Toulon's Steffon Armitage from being picked for England.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/rugby-world- ... am-Burgess
If they had played like a RL side they would have had a better chance of winning!
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Apart from money, why Burgess decided to go into this bitter and twisted game is beyond me.

The only reason they accept Owen Farrell is because he is a top class goal kicker which is the main part of scoring. If they find a better kicker he too will be dropped as well, especially with his dad being for the chop!
That's true.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:What a shit stirring, scummy piece of journalism.
Exactly! What a nasty piece of work this 'Harrow' educated stuck up "person" is :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BriH

Post by BriH »

josie andrews wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:What a shit stirring, scummy piece of journalism.
Exactly! What a nasty piece of work this 'Harrow' educated stuck up "person" is :angry:
Take no notice of the stuck-up "think-they-are-better-than-us" b.....s.
I'll bet the Tory Party Conference is full of them.