Hampshire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Hampshire

Post by nathan_rugby »

sheepsteeth wrote:
cpwigan wrote:It is not strictly true that interchanging hookers will always have an adverse impact. KC and Roby interchanged fantastically. Piggy and MM won a GF. Brad Dwyer (A Wiganer!) has done great for Wire.

I do think the interchange need to offer something different / impact and the team play structured to allow hookers to do more than tackle and pass long.

I also do not believe MM cannot play 80 minutes and that if Wane rates Sam Powell so highly why not play him at half instead of Matty.
I agree that interchanging a hooker can be a good move but the man coming off the bench needs to give something different. Craig Wing at the Roosters was a great example of this and was also key for NSW.

Burrow when replacing Aiton, Clark replacing Milner at Cas and as mentioned Roby replacing Cunningham all worked as the man coming on injected pace.
Didn't Roby win Man of Steel during this phase of interchange with Cunningham?

I don't think it is a 100% requirement to switch hookers as Roby for example proves at St Helens. But I do agree if you have a hooker who is up to 1st team standard and can inject a bit of pace and ask something different it would be an excellent switch.

Sadly we don't have somebody to offer that is different to MM.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
dickidido

Post by dickidido »

In rockys first match at half v hull he came away with mom then got dropped. First match v Leigh pre season wane said rocky was the best half on show today. Then week after plays him full back. Drags him out of stand with a minute to go plays with Powell wigan win and he gets moved to full back again two 20 minute cameos when wigan are defending most of time and to give Powell a rest. He's never a full back in a million years look at his point scoring record from academy playing half then full back about 90 percent difference. Wanes comments when rocky went up full time my coaches tell me he's a full back. Bizarre to say the least. I suggest people have a look through the videos on wigan tv and then justify how bad he is. Why do wigan choose where he can go on loan and refuse to sell him to the big clubs fearing he will burn them if he's that good play him or bad nothing to be scared of. Why do wigan insist on him signing a one year extension before letting him out on loan so basically keeping him away from St's or leeds. Finally do you stop where your not wanted or do something about it well time will tell but it must be better than sitting in the stand.good luck to the lad shame we didn't give him and George a chance
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Excellent post Dicki
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Correct Diki i wonder if Shaun reads these comments ????
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

well unless something has changed massively since April, Both SW and IL see a place long term for Hampshire despite Tomkins signing:

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... -1-7222322

Maybe he isnt actually ready for week in week out superleague,

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Is it just rumour he is going to Cas or is there any substance in it.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Look at the date and IL's comment of undoubtedly so!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

jaws1 wrote:Is it just rumour he is going to Cas or is there any substance in it.
See earlier link yesterday.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
OrrellWarrior

Post by OrrellWarrior »

I think it all boils down to being physically ready for super league (Compare Hampshire and Williams' physical development) that goes a long way into explaining why Williams got his chance to establish himself in the middle of the park compared to Hampshire. His loan move to Cas will allow his body to "harden" to super league demands, then possibly facilitating his move into Wigans starting team in 2017!
I hope that this more logical approach is the case rather than any personal animosity between player and coach etc..
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I just wonder if there is more in this rumour than most. Cas have signed Monaghan from t'Wire, Rocky and Carney a full season loan before returning 'home' for 2017???
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.