Rumour - Is Gleeson coming to Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Rumour - Is Gleeson co...

Post by mrs_carney »

JJ and DOD, the moderators arent only moderators they do have lives as well, just because you got to an uncensored message before them doesnt mean that they are letting it go by un-noticed. But fraggle how dare you suggest sleeping :wink:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
SiY

Post by SiY »

Im not being funny but Warrington have won against 2 teams which are top 5 teams. Wigan with the majority of the team under 23 yrs old. Bradford who are not having a the best of seasons. Warrington is an alright team who are performing well against top sides that are struggling badly. But i find it strange that you can say that its wrong to buy good players if you want success. You telling me if you could buy some really good top flight Aussie rugby players....and don't forget.... they actually want to go to Warrington you would say, "No actually forget getting them Top flight Aussia players, Nah its ok well have a look in our under 21 squad." My Backside!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

waterside glens posted:
jj and dod why do you attack everthing on this site. if it,s that bad why do you come on it?
I don't attack any thing on the board I try to contribute to the discussions. My points of view may not sit comfortably with yours and you are free to express yourself how you see fit.

Whatever your point of view is you cannot condone the language and tone of the message posted by heydude.I accept the reasons the moderators have given for not taking swifter action and that is the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned.
heydude

Post by heydude »

wiresphs posted:

Unfortunately no, but i am indeed old enough to understant impudence when i see it!
Warrington rife with drugs:- You are probably right, along with just about every other town and city in England.
Stay off them:- Dont take drugs, dont smoke and no longer drink alcohol.
Warrington are an average team:- Time will tell, but as you noticed we were average enough to defeat your good selves and do the double over Bradford, (no mean feat).
"Yes", you have been making some very cack teams look good, so what does that now make Wigan?
Yes you do now have Millward and to be perfectly honest, you are welcome to him!
So you are English and proud of it! But not proud enough to use "caps" where appropriate, for example "English"! You are also that proud to be English, you have to use Yankie, (spit), slang in your name!
And as for your foul mouthed obscenities, this also is a sure sign of low intelligence and limited grammar, "your parents must be so proud"! :lol:
Funny didn't know this was an English test thought it was a message board (oh well).
Talking about intelligence shame your mother and father didn't use something at the time of your conception.
For Fraggle's comment look at all the trophies we have won and even in our drought of gaining trophies we still have won two more trophies than you.
:tong1:
don't eat yellow snow
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Doveoverdave posted:
heydude posted:
what this sonny thing trying to sound older than you are.please i know warrington is rife with drugs but stay off them.warrington are an average team and for the last several games we have been making poor and average teams look good hello that's why we have ian millward now idiot.finally i am not british i am english and dam well proud of it w****r. :D

Lost again!

Where are the moderators?

The message has already been moderated? It's no less or more moderated than anymessage from anyone else
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
wiresphs

Post by wiresphs »

SiY posted:
Im not being funny but Warrington have won against 2 teams which are top 5 teams. Wigan with the majority of the team under 23 yrs old. Bradford who are not having a the best of seasons. Warrington is an alright team who are performing well against top sides that are struggling badly. But i find it strange that you can say that its wrong to buy good players if you want success. You telling me if you could buy some really good top flight Aussie rugby players....and don't forget.... they actually want to go to Warrington you would say, "No actually forget getting them Top flight Aussia players, Nah its ok well have a look in our under 21 squad." My Backside!
:conf: Please try to stop going on the defensive when i post, i am not just a Wire fan i am a RL fan in general and have been an impartial fan at Central Park and the JJB on many occasions, as well as many other grounds in superleague. I do however feel that Wigan are to be congratulated on their youth policy over recent years,a policy that has not only served Wigan , it has served Great Britain well also. But i do feel that your club at times, needs to be criticised in the way some of your youth players have been offloaded to make way for, in "some" cases, inferior foreign players. I actually think that if you had kept hold of some of the youth that you have offloaded in recent times, you would now be challenging Leeds for top spot in the league with a predominantly "BRITISH ", team. Our youth policy, on the other hand, has suffered in past years, through the financial situation the club has had to battle against, but since the well publicised introduction of new sponsors, the help from the council and of course our new "rugby league stadium", our youth policy has inproved Ten-fold and i am sure we will reap the benefits very soon!(As an ex player), i am one of the few supporters that would rather a club recruited from a successful youth policy than imported from the land of the convict, after all, who invented the game? The good thing is that with the reduction of the quota, it would benefit all clubs to concentrate on youth rather than importing has beens! "Oh", and with regards to the "Dude", dont be too harsh on him/her, its just a bit of banter that has got a little out of hand, i am not offended and would hope others are not either, (apologies to any youngsters)! :wink:
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

There are druggies in Warrington and this terrible scab in our society is very much a problem i9 Wigan too....so sad.
But in my line of work I have to say that there is a far bigger problem in our neighbours town of St Helens.
And whats sadder is a great deal of there problems sits right on our boarders in.....
Newton-Le-Willows!

:eusa14: Ian
:eusa10: Mo
AncientWarrior

Post by AncientWarrior »

wiresphs posted:
heydude posted:
what this sonny thing trying to sound older than you are.please i know warrington is rife with drugs but stay off them.warrington are an average team and for the last several games we have been making poor and average teams look good hello that's why we have ian millward now idiot.finally i am not british i am english and dam well proud of it ******. :D
Unfortunately no, but i am indeed old enough to understant impudence when i see it!
Warrington rife with drugs:- You are probably right, along with just about every other town and city in England.
Warrington are an average team:- Time will tell, but as you noticed we were average enough to defeat your good selves and do the double over Bradford, (no mean feat).
"Yes", you have been making some very cack teams look good, so what does that now make Wigan?
Yes you do now have Millward and to be perfectly honest, you are welcome to him!
So you are English and proud of it! But not proud enough to use "caps" where appropriate, for example "English"! You are also that proud to be English, you have to use Yankie, (spit), slang in your name!
And as for your foul mouthed obscenities, this also is a sure sign of low intelligence and limited grammar, "your parents must be so proud"! :lol:
Dear wiresphs,

I feel I must apologise for the excesses of my fellow-contributor, heydude. His use of the word since deleted by an over-zealous moderator is quite understandable and when I explain, I'm sure you'll agree.

You see, hereabouts, rugby supporters have become accustomed from an early age to chanting the following anthem at least twice a year: 'Oh, w***y, w***y; w***y, w***y, w***y, w***y Warrington!'

Now it follows that if that adjective can properly be applied to Warrington - and I think it can - then the followers, adherents, disciples and fans of said rugby club can justifiably be called 'w*****s'.

I hope this explains my fellow contributors use of the vernacular and that you take no offence.

To take you up on some other points. You and a fellow-Warrington supporter by the name of Miss Blue - I think her first name is Primrose - seem to be under the impression that because you have won a few games ( I pause here having noted that your points difference is minus 159) that you are embarked upon an all-conquering voyage and will ultimately succeed against the "so-called" top five teams. By all accounts, your team was exceedingly fortunate to beat one of the worst-prepared Wigan teams in recent memory and only then with the assistance of a very dubious refereeing decision.

I note your annoyance at the level of opposition to your views which you have encountered on this web site but as I learned early in life, if you choose to pontificate, you must take your audience as you find it. If you choose to extol the virtues of a Warrington team on a Wigan Warriors website, it is not surprising if you meet with almost total opposition. I except DaveO from this as he dealt with your rantings in a very fair and even-handed way. Having said that, I believe he lives in Chester so a bit of local bias might have been deployed here.

In short, it may be that you are suffering from an overblown sense of your own importance and that your team has delusions of adequacy.

I do hope that my grammar is acceptable to you and that I have not made use of any split infinitives, mixed metaphors, bad syntax or americanisms ( I really hate them).

If you wish to confer on the merits of Keats and Shelley, I look forward to your reply but if you wish to brag about Warrington Wolves, I'm sure you have a website where you won't meet such malevolence.

PS My mother was well proud of me!!!!
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I feel I must apologise for the excesses of my fellow-contributor, heydude. His use of the word since deleted by an over-zealous moderator is quite understandable and when I explain, I'm sure you'll agree.

You see, hereabouts, rugby supporters have become accustomed from an early age to chanting the following anthem at least twice a year: 'Oh, w***y, w***y; w***y, w***y, w***y, w***y Warrington!'

Now it follows that if that adjective can properly be applied to Warrington - and I think it can - then the followers, adherents, disciples and fans of said rugby club can justifiably be called 'w*****s'.

I hope this explains my fellow contributors use of the vernacular and that you take no offence.
Actually, the post was originally written like "w*****", we then had a whinge from other fans on the board about consistency and offensive remarks towards others and therefore the comment was removed by a moderator. At the Warrington game with my little sister, shewanted to know what the Wigan fans were singing but I didn't want her singing those words so I didn't tell her, if I don't want my little sister hearing them then theyre not suitable for a family message board.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
wiresphs

Post by wiresphs »

AncientWarrior posted:
wiresphs posted:
heydude posted:
what this sonny thing trying to sound older than you are.please i know warrington is rife with drugs but stay off them.warrington are an average team and for the last several games we have been making poor and average teams look good hello that's why we have ian millward now idiot.finally i am not british i am english and dam well proud of it ******. :D
Dear wiresphs,

To take you up on some other points. You and a fellow-Warrington supporter by the name of Miss Blue - I think her first name is Primrose - seem to be under the impression that because you have won a few games ( I pause here having noted that your points difference is minus 159) that you are embarked upon an all-conquering voyage and will ultimately succeed against the "so-called" top five teams. By all accounts, your team was exceedingly fortunate to beat one of the worst-prepared Wigan teams in recent memory and only then with the assistance of a very dubious refereeing decision.

I note your annoyance at the level of opposition to your views which you have encountered on this web site but as I learned early in life, if you choose to pontificate, you must take your audience as you find it. If you choose to extol the virtues of a Warrington team on a Wigan Warriors website, it is not surprising if you meet with almost total opposition. I except DaveO from this as he dealt with your rantings in a very fair and even-handed way. Having said that, I believe he lives in Chester so a bit of local bias might have been deployed here.

In short, it may be that you are suffering from an overblown sense of your own importance and that your team has delusions of adequacy.

I do hope that my grammar is acceptable to you and that I have not made use of any split infinitives, mixed metaphors, bad syntax or americanisms ( I really hate them).

If you wish to confer on the merits of Keats and Shelley, I look forward to your reply but if you wish to brag about Warrington Wolves, I'm sure you have a website where you won't meet such malevolence.

PS My mother was well proud of me!!!!
I do understand perfectly that in our modern day society expletives seem to be instilled in to the offspring of certain individuals as part of their everyday vocabulary, as it is deemed acceptable in certain quarters. However, i myself tend to educate my offspring in a certain ammount of etiquette and decorum with regard to their linguistics, culminating in a degree of respect for other individuals, "should the respect be deserved"! If this indeed is the vernacular of the Wigan area, then i feel that this is something that myself and other supporters of etiquette and decorum will be forced to endure, although i tend to feel that no-body should "justifiably be given the God given right to verbaly abuse people, simply because of the area they choose to reside in! (but maybe thats just me being picky).Having a deep understanding of infidels and their doctrine, i am neither offended nor upset.Anyway, back to the subject of RL, "YES", the Wire are riding on the crest of a wave at the moment, whilst your good selves are suffering from quite "Dire" performances, (how ironic)! This is quite apparent when current league positions are studied, regardless of points for and against, (it could be even more apparent after the next round of SL matches). May i appologise for the dubiuos refereeing decision that we needed to defeat your injury ravaged and completely depleted team. It must have been devastating esapecially as Wigan have "NEVER", been on the receiving end of a dubious decision, (well maybe with the exception of the one that cost us the league a number of years ago, but there are no sour grapes, whats done is done)! Only time will tell if the pontification of everything Wire, is justified or not, i for one feel that it will be and a number of the now ex Wigan fans that have felt the need to express their disgust at the appointment of a proven foul mouthed and verbally abusive individual, to lead you in to the future, might find their way to the H.J. To watch, (not necessarily support), a team that strives to promote virtues, morals and a good clean family atmosphere, one that even innocent children can enjoy should their parents have chosen "NOT" to go down the same vernacular route as your good self! It was in a small way a pleasant surprise and indeed an honour to share a debate on culture, values, refereeing decisions, education and finally Rugby league, with a person who is equally educated , such as yourself, you indeed need have no delusions of inadequacy whatsoever! (Were you born in Warrington by chance)? :lol: