Mayor of London

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Mayor of London

Post by Wandering Warrior »

There was unrest in the Tory party when your heroine was in charge over Europe! You make it up as you go along Whelley, it's the same with everything you decide to pontificate on.
Here's one for you, being an expert in leaving the EU, what will happen to the migrant camps in Calais if Britain leaves? Where will the border be, Calais or Dover?
I'm waiting with excitement for your assumed answer!!!!
As for putting you on ignore, I wouldn't want to miss out on your misinformed comments.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Here's one for you, being an expert in leaving the EU, what will happen to the migrant camps in Calais if Britain leaves? Where will the border be, Calais or Dover?
Aside from the fact that there’ is a bilateral treaty between the UK and France, which is completely unrelated to the EU. Tearing up the agreement to have border controls in Calais would result in more migrants heading to Northern France to try to reach the UK, so it’s not in France’s interests to do this. This is a view shared by the French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve, who said:

"Calling for the border with the English to be opened is not a responsible solution, it would send a signal to people smugglers and would lead migrants to flow to Calais in far greater numbers."

If the treaty was torn up, and in the event illegal migrants did make it to the UK, we would have full control over our borders and could simply send them straight back as we would not be bound by the same rules that exist now. People arriving from France are coming from a safe country - they are not fleeing from tyranny or oppression and they should have requested asylum in France.

Amusingly, a recent comment that the migration crisis has left the European Union’s Dublin asylum rules "as dead as Game of Thrones Jon Snow" was made by Commission First Vice-President Frans Timmermans. Little does he know that the Lord Commander is alive and well in Castle Black

We are a bit off topic here as this has nowt t'do with the London mayor issue :
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Wandering Warrior wrote:There was unrest in the Tory party when your heroine was in charge over Europe! You make it up as you go along Whelley, it's the same with everything you decide to pontificate on.
Here's one for you, being an expert in leaving the EU, what will happen to the migrant camps in Calais if Britain leaves? Where will the border be, Calais or Dover?
As for putting you on ignore, I wouldn't want to miss out on your misinformed comments.
Have you ever asked yourself why those in the Calais camps are not content to stay in France or even into any country in the EU, but are insistent on coming to the United Kingdom.

Anything to do with us having the attraction of a good benefit system and a free health service?

Oh, and I am not a expert on the EU, just one of many ordinary people who are concerned about our small country getting too over populated, especially with people who have no intention of working for a living, as though we have not got enough already.

I don't know why I bothered when I will not be around to see the result of the stupidity of the decisions of today!

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:There was unrest in the Tory party when your heroine was in charge over Europe! You make it up as you go along Whelley, it's the same with everything you decide to pontificate on.
Have you ever asked yourself why those in the Calais camps are not content to stay in France or even into any country in the EU, but are insistent on coming to the United Kingdom.

Anything to do with us having the attraction of a good benefit system and a free health service?

Oh, and I am not a expert on the EU, just one of many thousands of ordinary people who are concerned about our small country getting too over populated, especially with people who have no intention of working for a living, as though we have not got enough already.

I don't know why I bothered when I will not be around to see the result of the stupidity of the decisions of today!

p.s. Love the warped idea of you know who being my heroine.

Wandering Warrior

So what's going to happen to that border then?
Nobody knows the answer! Your "I'll not be around" is rather selfish and not in the country's interest don't you think? A bit like Camoron, Johnson and Farage? All three can well afford not to be affected either way.
I happen to think Wigan Hand Wash at Pool stock is a great car wash, well run by people who you'd not want here. I'll vote to stay in so they won't get slung out the country! How daft is that!?!
As daft as some of the comments you make period!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Wandering Warrior wrote:So what's going to happen to that border then?
Nobody knows the answer! Your "I'll not be around" is rather selfish and not in the country's interest don't you think? A bit like Camoron, Johnson and Farage? All three can well afford not to be affected either way.
I happen to think Wigan Hand Wash at Pool stock is a great car wash, well run by people who you'd not want here. I'll vote to stay in so they won't get slung out the country! How daft is that!?!
As daft as some of the comments you make period!
As my father used to say, never argue with someone who has it in for you!
Wandering Warrior

I'll put that down as you don't have a clue on what will happen at the border at Calais! The day after we come out the Frogs will be glad to see the back of them and no doubt the army will need to be at the end of the tunnel. It's bad enough now and when we walk the "jungle" will to Dover. Boris got asked about this on LBC and in his usual manner wolfed around the question instead of saying the blatantly obvious.
Dwell on this, Farage is a new wave fascist and Boris is as right wing as Thatcher, and folk are actually hanging a star on these two pratts!
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

the last politician to tell it how it was and was going to be was Enoch Powel . Look where we are now

Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:I'll put that down as you don't have a clue on what will happen at the border at Calais! The day after we come out the Frogs will be glad to see the back of them and no doubt the army will need to be at the end of the tunnel. It's bad enough now and when we walk the "jungle" will to Dover. Boris got asked about this on LBC and in his usual manner wolfed around the question instead of saying the blatantly obvious.
Dwell on this, Farage is a new wave fascist and Boris is as right wing as Thatcher, and folk are actually hanging a star on these two pratts!
I raised this point previous i totally agree and i cant see why people think that France would do us any favours if we pull out?. People think pulling out will somehow stop immigration but all it will do is mean france will not block anyone AT ALL trying to get to us imo.

We wont suddenly become a Australian type country overnight just because the EU isnt around we are still a country full of namby pamby PC brigades and that wont change so we will probably end up taking more immigrants!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: We wont suddenly become a Australian type country overnight just because the EU isnt around we are still a country full of namby pamby PC brigades and that wont change so we will probably end up taking more immigrants!
We already have a points system for non-EU migrants. We already let over 180,000 of them in every year under this points system.

Given the vast majority of migrants from the EU are skilled migrants there is no reason at all for anyone to assume they won't get the points to qualify.

The only thing you could do is put a hard quota limit of say 100K tops on any immigration but seeing as that will mean skilled jobs go unfilled you may as well buy a ticket on Eurostar for the companies wanting to employ these people because they won't remain here if they can't employ the people they need.

Basically it's no use shitting the border if we haven't got the people to fill the jobs going and clearly we have not. So what will happen if we leave is immigration will continue pretty much unchanged once big business gets in Boris's ear.

Boris won't care. He will have got rid of all the nasty EU regulations that protect us from exploitation. Which is why I can't fathom why Leavers think wages will go up if we leave. It will be the opposite and we will be in the lead on the race to the bottom.