Re: Disciplinary?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
markill

Post by markill »

Until we know exactly what's been done, I don't see how any of us can be deciding what should or shouldn't happen. because let's face it there are conflicting stories and have been since the thing happened. I certainly won't be stopping my support for the club if they punish people for behaviour that is out of order. We haven't 'all done it'. I've never glassed or bottled or put someone through a glass door or whatever it is that happened. If it's even that that actually happened. Yeah, drunken fights amongst big physical young men happen, it would be a better place if it didn't, but we don't know for sure what actually happened. Unless anyone was actually there?
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

When is the squad announced for this weekend?
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Alcohol and days out don't mix ive seen many occasions when trouble raises its head .Don't know what they put in the beer at Haydock but you see many drunken men/women at Haydock. I work there on race days and the amount of abuse you get when doing your job is way over the top.
You will always get a conflict at the workplace no matter where you work and Wigan RL is no different. Couple of them have a brain fart and now regretting it hope no one gets sacked for the indiscretion.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Instead of speculating on what happened even to the extent of some saying that they will stop supporting the club and not renew their season tickets, why don't we allow the club to carry out their internal investigation in conjunction with the Police and find out what actually happened and the reason or reasons which led to it.

I feel sure that Lenaghan, Radlinski, Wane and the management of a famous club like Wigan are very concerned about the incident and how it has been hyped up on social media and will respond with the appropriate action, especially if charges are made by the Police and the matter ends up in court.

If whoever is indeed found guilty of any serious unlawful offence and no matter how good a player they are, I for one expect the club to take the appropriate strong action, even if necessary to the extent of a contract or contracts being terminated.

The name of Wigan Warriors is paramount!

Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

Love comments along the lines of 'I don't know what went on but this could mean a prison sentence'

Last I heard, most they're looking at is an internal door knocked off one of its hinges in Xercise4 less. £6.99 for a new hinge in B&Q. Case closed.
markill

Post by markill »

yokozuna wrote:When is the squad announced for this weekend?
It'll be later on today. Most interesting squad announcement of the year and for all the wrong reasons
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Jimmy Birts wrote:Love comments along the lines of 'I don't know what went on but this could mean a prison sentence'

Last I heard, most they're looking at is an internal door knocked off one of its hinges in Xercise4 less. £6.99 for a new hinge in B&Q. Case closed.
????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

markill wrote:
yokozuna wrote:When is the squad announced for this weekend?
It'll be later on today. Most interesting squad announcement of the year and for all the wrong reasons
Thanks.

Yes, the squad announcement will either douse a lot of the speculation, or throw petrol on it!

Hopefully, we'll see our strongest 19 in the squad and the best 17 picked on Friday.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I expect there to be no changes. If there's an internal investigation then you'd expect the team to be picked as normal in order to not state the blatantly obvious as to who is involved, innocent till proved guilty etcetera!
Unless of course they're injured!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
OJ

Post by OJ »

I'm not expecting any changes either unless Ryan Sutton is 'rested' following the suggestion that he was due a break last week. I see the WEP sports journo - well known for creating his stories from posts he reads on message boards - is advertising for info on the incidents so he can create the scoop of the year. How low can you go.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.