Bateman official statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Billgreenwoodsson

Re: Bateman official statement

Post by Billgreenwoodsson »

No offence taken my friend.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

As regards the squad's view of the world, I would be inclined to appoint Micky Mac as player representative, and suggest that anyone who doesn't want to move on and find a way to play with John should have a private interview with MM to thrash out any lingering issues...

We are after all dealing with human beings. The club will have to continue to deal with this sensibly. The outcome will ultimately most depend on JB's view of the world. Which we don't have total control over. This problem, it should be remembered, is of his own making.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

DaveO wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
medlocke wrote:Just a shame the instigator didn't get reprimanded as well, just to be fair
Do you know what exactly happened??

Who is this "instigator" you're referring to??

How do you know what punishment has been handed out to the "instigator" as you put it?

We know what the club has told us. That should be sufficient. They should be commended on their handling of this incident & the outcome.

I know that I am very happy to know that John Bateman will remain at the greatest club in the world, Wigan Warriors ????????

Let's now forget about it, get on with watching our great game & stop pointing fingers ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Disagree with just about all of that Josie!

It involved another player, the club said so and yet only one player has been punished. It's no use saying they might have been, officially only one player has been yet two were involved in a "fracas".

Which is why what the club has told us is NOT sufficient. Why? Because it leaves people asking the obvious question why wasn't the other player punished and given the often made accusations of favouritism it just stokes that kind of fire.

People are happy Bateman hasn't been sacked, me included, but just because our worst fears have not been confirmed doesn't mean the club has come up smelling of Roses in this.

For a start they might ask themselves what sort of bonkers idea was it letting the players go to a booze fuelled event like the races mid-season. It went downhill from there never mind what has gone on afterwards.
My thinking of this is exactly the same as yours Dave.
Only the selected parts of the issue have been released, which favours the non mentioned participant(s).
This isn't true or fair in my mind.
As Leneghan has basically said, the club had to react, to be seen to be doing the right thing.
Has Bateman been pulled out to take all the flack irrespective of the club allowing players to go on a mid season session.
I'm not condoning what's happened in the fracas, but like you, I don't think that Bateman is the only guilty party.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Perhaps it might help if the club published their investigation? Of course, if it's an internal investigation then they have every right not too allow it into the public domain.
The problem for me - and a lot of other folks by the sound of it - is we are still in the dark as to what happened and who was involved.
It is clear that JB was the Prime Suspect: of that their is no doubt hence the ban + fine.
I think the Club has handled this very well so...............move on?
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Wandering Warrior wrote:JB has altered the heading on his twitter account. Read what you like into that, reference to wigan rl used to be there. Quite significant I think personally.
A mate in the pub told me he'd changed his under pants from red/white/brown to
blue and primrose/brown......ffs
:eusa17: :eusa17:
superleague

Post by superleague »

I bloke at my workplace as a few Warrington connection as well as being an amateur rugby league coach in Warrington, as told me an offer from wire as been accepted for Bateman, I have no idea how reliable his source is
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

superleague wrote:I bloke at my workplace as a few Warrington connection as well as being an amateur rugby league coach in Warrington, as told me an offer from wire as been accepted for Bateman, I have no idea how reliable his source is
Can't see the club selling him to a rival top four club.

I think they will give him the support he needs :) Wane will not want him to leave at any price.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Wandering Warrior wrote:JB has altered the heading on his twitter account. Read what you like into that, reference to wigan rl used to be there. Quite significant I think personally.
He changed it a while ago.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote:
superleague wrote:I bloke at my workplace as a few Warrington connection as well as being an amateur rugby league coach in Warrington, as told me an offer from wire as been accepted for Bateman, I have no idea how reliable his source is
Can't see the club selling him to a rival top four club.

I think they will give him the support he needs :) Wane will not want him to leave at any price.
Wire would need to shed players for that to happen. I'm with you Josie, I believe the club will support JB and give him another chance.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Not reliable!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett