Wigan v Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Wigan v Saints

Post by thegimble »

God wrote:
superleague wrote:I can't be arsed getting into an argument over A GAME, imo I can't knock the effort and commitment, but going forward with ball in hand we are poor, predictable, I just find it very frustrating watching us as the team as much more potential than what it's showing.
Agreed, maybe I should pack in watching Wigan because I also have concerns regarding the attack, and tonight was no different.

Proper bad supporter me.
Seems 1 win for some and they were right all along. We were poor last night in attack. Gelling the difference. In defence we were very good but if anyone think that performance proves were capable of winning anything then they are delusional.

Saints were awful worst I have seen them in a long time.

TT was a big handful last night on the bright point the props were allowed to play with the ball and it showed.especialy second half.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

thegimble wrote:
God wrote:
superleague wrote:I can't be arsed getting into an argument over A GAME, imo I can't knock the effort and commitment, but going forward with ball in hand we are poor, predictable, I just find it very frustrating watching us as the team as much more potential than what it's showing.
Agreed, maybe I should pack in watching Wigan because I also have concerns regarding the attack, and tonight was no different.

Proper bad supporter me.
Seems 1 win for some and they were right all along. We were poor last night in attack. Gelling the difference. In defence we were very good but if anyone think that performance proves were capable of winning anything then they are delusional.

Saints were awful yet we made more mistakes, can we not give ourselves some credit for making them look awful?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

On a side note I think that is the best atmosphere in the dw I can remember in a while felt like the whole place was booming
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:
God wrote: Agreed, maybe I should pack in watching Wigan because I also have concerns regarding the attack, and tonight was no different.

Proper bad supporter me.

Saints were awful yet we made more mistakes, can we not give ourselves some credit for making them look awful?
Given our performances over the last few months I will not make a judgement if we were that good at making them look bad or they were just bad by their own endeavour.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote: Seems 1 win for some and they were right all along. We were poor last night in attack. Gelling the difference. In defence we were very good but if anyone think that performance proves were capable of winning anything then they are delusional.

Given our performances over the last few months I will not make a judgement if we were that good at making them look bad or they were just bad by their own endeavour.
I think that is a very fair comment.

We have a week off now so players can recuperate and enjoy the break with a win under their belts. How bad stains were you could say depended on the weather or how good defensively we were but I thought they were clueless too - so how much did not having Walsh affect them also?

I will take that win, but seriously hope we place more emphasis on ball retention as we WILL face those conditions over the next few months and "better" sides will punish us
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

SJ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
old hooker wrote:Once again the forum has sunk to a low level by a poster insulting another several times, probably because they have had one too many and can hide behind a keyboard, disgraceful behaviour.
Who are you speaking about?

I think O. H. Means CP's comments about Morley's post which were in my opinion well within the protocols of this forum. However CP's comments were very insulting, unpleasant and totally uncalled for. I can only think CP experienced a syphcotic episode from possibly too much alcohol or worse. It seems to me to be a complete aberration on his part. I respect him so I hope he is ok. Perhaps a sabbatical will be in his best interests. I am really concerned for his welfare.
Actually, I don't think he drinks. Certainly not enough to call him a boozer by any stretch!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Sums up our season that game..

At times handling terrible far too happy to sit on our line defending(it's all well and good when comes,less so when they score)

We bode,for a week at least,farewell to the "braveheart" school of side to side passion (the only thing that's missing is MM yelling freedom)and said hello to a more direct school,of play,one that's for the most part a pleasure to watch.

Big Frank for him not doing too much is going to be just fine in my eyes,he takes so many players when he gets the ball a good pre season and yes this time next year will be just fine,I hope the same can be said of Sam and for that matter MM and Manfredi.

Good result,but one swallow doesn't make a summer a better side than saints would,in my opinion beaten Wigan but that's of no importance they have to beat Widnes we shall see what Wigan turns up that night.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

josie andrews wrote:
old hooker wrote:Once again the forum has sunk to a low level by a poster insulting another several times, probably because they have had one too many and can hide behind a keyboard, disgraceful behaviour.
If you dont know then you need to follow the posts more closely.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

old hooker wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
If you dont know then you need to follow the posts more closely.
I just wanted clarify it was the same person I thought you meant as there have been a few similar posts with insults lately.

I do follow the posts, I've edited or deleted several of his posts this last week or so I just needed confirmation we were speaking about the same person.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Let's not forget Stains had won 7 on the bounce, however we still have much to improve on to win a GF!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett