For those of you who think Wane can't coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: For those of you who think Wane can't coach

Post by cpwigan »

BM; It is all or nothing with Wane. He will never resign nor will he step asid, accept another position. In his own mind, Wane believes he is perfect and that any problems are down to players. A classic example was the Fas try, Wane attributes it to players doing exactly what he tells them to do and the failure to not score any others was their fault not is. Personally, I thought Williams running threat held defenders and Faz timed his run well and ran into a gap. What do I know :roll:
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

I know I may get shouted down, but that is what a Forum is for giving opinion that others can comment on. Here goes. This season has been a shocker as far as injuries go. I don't think I remember a season when Wigan have had such an injury crisis, but even with that we are 3rd position in the play offs.

My opinion is that next season, with this injury nightmare behind us, hopefully, and able to put out a settled squad week in week out. This is when Shaun Wane should be judged on his ability as a coach.

I know we haven't won anything for a couple of season, but have made it to the Grand Final in the last two seasons. I realise we were beaten in both, once through one of players seeing red and being shown red and on the other being robbed by the video ref with McGuire's knock on. Wane must have been doing some right to get us to two finals.

Look at the mess the Rhinos are in, but they stood by McDemott, maybe, like our club, some called for his head, but the club have stood by him.

I know I will not change the opinions of all the posters to this forum, it would be a bit boring if we all agreed, and maybe it is me being a bit naive, but I thought I would have my say. Thanks to all for reading my post
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

PF Warrior wrote:I know I may get shouted down, but that is what a Forum is for giving opinion that others can comment on. Here goes. This season has been a shocker as far as injuries go. I don't think I remember a season when Wigan have had such an injury crisis, but even with that we are 3rd position in the play offs.

My opinion is that next season, with this injury nightmare behind us, hopefully, and able to put out a settled squad week in week out. This is when Shaun Wane should be judged on his ability as a coach.

I know we haven't won anything for a couple of season, but have made it to the Grand Final in the last two seasons. I realise we were beaten in both, once through one of players seeing red and being shown red and on the other being robbed by the video ref with McGuire's knock on. Wane must have been doing some right to get us to two finals.

Look at the mess the Rhinos are in, but they stood by McDemott, maybe, like our club, some called for his head, but the club have stood by him.

I know I will not change the opinions of all the posters to this forum, it would be a bit boring if we all agreed, and maybe it is me being a bit naive, but I thought I would have my say. Thanks to all for reading my post
I don't think that naive is the word I would use for your opinion. Wake up PF and smell the coffee :exc:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

PF Warrior wrote:I know I may get shouted down, but that is what a Forum is for giving opinion that others can comment on. Here goes. This season has been a shocker as far as injuries go. I don't think I remember a season when Wigan have had such an injury crisis, but even with that we are 3rd position in the play offs.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion and you have offered ressoning. I do not agree but I can respect your opinions as everyone should.

Playing devils advocate. Injuries are important but why did we win nothing the season before and the seasons before that? SL is getting weaker. Wigan has the best set up, the best junior development, the best squad in SL so why are we not successful in a weaker competition season after season? A point re injuries. Dominant teams get injured less than teams playing on the back foot.
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

I can see your point CP and thank you for your reply.