Re: Williams to Wire

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

ddtftf wrote:His dad is his agent mmmmm
And isn't he on the coaching staff at Warrington?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Yes mmmmm :conf: but if i am honest i would not think we would let him go, we would loose more in season tickets than we would get for him long term.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I really don't think that we'll let George go to wire but don't worry everybody because I've informed the club that I'm not renewing my season ticket (or those of the rest of my family) until the club confirms that George isn't going anywhere. I'm sure that Mr Lenagan can't take the financial hit that this would impose!

Just out of interest, if we had to swap George for one or more of their players I may settle for Currie plus Hill!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

southportcdm wrote:I really don't think that we'll let George go to wire but don't worry everybody because I've informed the club that I'm not renewing my season ticket (or those of the rest of my family) until the club confirms that George isn't going anywhere. I'm sure that Mr Lenagan can't take the financial hit that this would impose!

Just out of interest, if we had to swap George for one or more of their players I may settle for Currie plus Hill!
Would Ratchford be surplus??
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jaws1 wrote:
southportcdm wrote:I really don't think that we'll let George go to wire but don't worry everybody because I've informed the club that I'm not renewing my season ticket (or those of the rest of my family) until the club confirms that George isn't going anywhere. I'm sure that Mr Lenagan can't take the financial hit that this would impose!

Would Ratchford be surplus??
Why would we want Ratchford? I don't think he is all that exceptional
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

God wrote:Williams is fed up with the way we play and won't let him play his own game.

His dad has a massive influence and wants the best for his son, including playing style and wages.

I think Williams will depart.
Bit of a jump there, I've not seen one sign he isn't happy here. TBH if big money comes in that will set him up then I think he'll go.
Todd Carney & Tommy would be good
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

God wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:
God wrote:Williams is fed up with the way we play and won't let him play his own game.

His dad has a massive influence and wants the best for his son, including playing style and wages.

I think Williams will depart.
Bit of a jump there, I've not seen one sign he isn't happy here. TBH if big money comes in that will set him up then I think he'll go.
Todd Carney & Tommy would be good
Trust me, a family friend is very good friends with George's dad, George isn't happy that he can't play his own game and feels restricted and the team is to structured. Didn't want to really put this, but folk had the right to know especially with the renewal of the season tickets coming up.

That's why Crosby hasn't been announced he's going they will wait until after the England games and have sold a fair few season tickets. That's unless Wigan hold Williams to his contract and put this rumour to bed or take the money being offered by Wire, time will tell I suppose.
On my phone so can't edit the post down but TBH that rings true and seen your posts and you're not to put it politely a bs'er who makes wild claims
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Don't get that at all.
He has come through the system playing to Wigan structure. Of all our players he seems the one to come up with off the cuff plays, when he does he seems to get praise.... Wane always looks thrilled to see it? He has played under that structure before he signed a four year contract if he was unhappy why sign it? He's looked far from unhappy to me.
I would not be surprised if he left but I think it will be the money that he's been offered and his agents slice and Wigan taking it that will do most of the talking.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

If he moves to wife he'll stay in the same house and still have his mates around, no matter which team they play for. So it's either be treated like the marquee signing he could possibly be or like Manfredi. Not a dig at Dom but George is well on the way to being a world class half back, while Dom has too many issues with his game to ever reach that peak.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ddtftf wrote:His dad is his agent mmmmm
Good to see you back mate.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards