Wane without a whole team!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Wane without a whole team!!

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Powell now!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Gregson now
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Wandering Warrior

Didn't know Gregson was injured, thanx for that!
endoman

Post by endoman »

Jaw injury for Gregson, I blame his boots, and the training, physios, sports scientists etc.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Foot and jaw injuries are just 2 of those things.
It could of course get even worse. Given how slowly our players recover, as we lose on average 2 players a match we may well look back on tonight's team next month and consider it relatively strong.
Wane was saying that Mcillorum and O'Lougjlin will be back next week. Mcillorum' s return leaves us a prop down, as Ganson will have to play half the game, while the chances of Shaun getting through a game against Samoa unscathed and back in one piece are close to zero, sadly.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

endoman wrote:Jaw injury for Gregson, I blame his boots, and the training, physios, sports scientists etc.
He went for a scan straight after the game!

Speedy recovery to every one who was/is injured or carrying knocks :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Foot and jaw injuries are just 2 of those things.
It could of course get even worse. Given how slowly our players recover, as we lose on average 2 players a match we may well look back on tonight's team next month and consider it relatively strong.
Wane was saying that Mcillorum and O'Lougjlin will be back next week. Mcillorum' s return leaves us a prop down, as Ganson will have to play half the game, while the chances of Shaun getting through a game against Samoa unscathed and back in one piece are close to zero, sadly.
The loss of some of our props will not be a worry!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Is it not time to rejuvenate the A teams open age just for the sake of injuries as it stands now. Instead of playing 19 year olds we have let players go in the past when they turn 19 who have gone on to be good club players elsewhere in SL. We could still have your full 25 capped players and the A team could be part time players with a good contract with the club .Whats the point of coaching kids from the age of 17 to be let go when they turn 19 when they could carry on within the club and get the experience they need ready for the 1st team.The A team open age will also blood young players for the future and help injured players from 1st team get game time.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Ok my thoughts..

Salford always looked in control and the fight back happened because they ran out of steam not in my opinion some supernatural force spurring this side on to win,there'd been far too many errors for that to happen,simply the best side rightly on the night won.

These young lads are being asked too much in my opinion they're not quite ready for first yet,it was men against boys but then my abiding memory of the game is young Woods giving a volley,arms outstretched to either Isa or Tomkins I couldn't see who and then realised that without the kids it'd have been a sight worse as some of the established players,while as bad as the abject surrender at Castleford didn't really show up.

Time is starting to run out games have come and gone and I think a top four finish is beyond us the way the season has gone something could turn back our way who knows.

Wigan have big problems with the props..bar TT.
Wandering Warrior

The past comments about it doesn't matter till the top eight play is absolute rubbish. You need to be "on it" from the start to get in position for the top eight.
We've took a battering the last two games and next week we have a prospective banana skin. However we have ten games before the top eight and that has still to be a priority.
We've managed to get a decent team out once this season and look what happened?
There's still a long way to go and it won't be easy but let's not write them off just yet.