If We Lose Tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: If We Lose Tonight

Post by thegimble »

VR46 wrote:To play that bad, give away that many penalties and score the same number of tries as the opposition says we are more than good enough, we need a goal kicker

Give any other team in super league our injury crisis and see how they get on.....

Some of you lot......Ancient and Loyal my arse!!
Well Hull were busted today and did a number on us. Scoring late tries that flatter us does not hide that. Hull switched off as most sides do when in command.

Also hypothetical scenarios are that. Fact is we are going backwards at a rate of knots and we are not looking like winning a game anytime soon.

As for your last remark when most on here have travelled length and breadth of the country to watch Wigan play you should never question their loyalty.

If you do not like their opinions then delete you account. Everyone is entitled to it so respect them for it.

As for next week its not for pride its for 2 points and its something we need badly. Every game needs to be treated the same otherwise your not giving it 100%
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wigan Road wrote:Very simply Gimble. He hates Wigan winning and loves defeats so he can complain.
Nobody on here likes seeing Wigan you lose you small minded Pratt!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
VR46

Post by VR46 »

I think because of our history people think it's our god given right to win matches, trophies, etc

Every other club in super league has the same resources we do, just a lot less injuries currently

If your a TRUE Wigan fan you should SUPPORT the team, yes everyone is entitled to an opinion but come on......

moto748

Post by moto748 »

cherry.pie wrote: We scored 6 tries. We should be winning without having to kick any goals at all.

It's disappointing when you miss so many kicks but the bottom line is it's our defence that's the problem. We should be conceding 15-20 points per game at most. That's enough to allow for missed goal kicks with our current attack.

Besides, had we signed a recognised goalkicker they'd probably have got injured and we'd still be in this mess!
Spot on. The game was lost by half-time, down to woeful defence.

Good effort by Marshy, I thought, felt sorry for him being the only defender with two attackers bearing down on him, but showed once again he really knows the way to the try-line.

Minichiello such a good signing for Hull.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

moto748 wrote:
cherry.pie wrote: We scored 6 tries. We should be winning without having to kick any goals at all.

It's disappointing when you miss so many kicks but the bottom line is it's our defence that's the problem. We should be conceding 15-20 points per game at most. That's enough to allow for missed goal kicks with our current attack.

Besides, had we signed a recognised goalkicker they'd probably have got injured and we'd still be in this mess!
Spot on. The game was lost by half-time, down to woeful defence.

Good effort by Marshy, I thought, felt sorry for him being the only defender with two attackers bearing down on him, but showed once again he really knows the way to the try-line.

Minichiello such a good signing for Hull.
He's one of those horrible players like McCarthy-Scarsbrook who spend the match trying to wind players up and get a reaction. Isa, who hasn't a brain in his head, fell for it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

VR46 wrote:To play that bad, give away that many penalties and score the same number of tries as the opposition says we are more than good enough, we need a goal kicker

Give any other team in super league our injury crisis and see how they get on.....

Some of you lot......Ancient and Loyal my arse!!
Injuries are not an excuse for not tackling or running hard. I am happy to turn up week in and week out to see a team giving 100% effort but that first half effort was not good enough. The majority of those players need to have a long hard look in the mirror.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wigan Road wrote:Would you rather have Minichello than Bateman and Farrell?

The game was largely over afer 40 minutes or 60+ extra tackles.
A no brainer, Bateman and Farrell for me. My mother could have run through our pack in the first half!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:Playing without Lockers, it's going to be difficult, but who knows.
Was told he was injured in training. That should make someone take note....
So after 17 weeks of the season or whatever it is we get our first muscle tweak in training on a Friday and suddenly your argument about too many injuries during training is valid again?

Try harder DaveO and please find more evidence than a 35 year old RL player tweaked his hamstring in training and we now have serious problems with our training regimes!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

pearsy wrote:Ashamed of being a Wigan fan .Wane most go and several players as well
Starting with that dolopper Sam Tomkins. What a waste of a marquee signing he was. Getting money for doing S.F.A.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

This is only the 2nd time I've complained about a ref in 50+ years, but Bentham was poor. Hull gained confidence in first 10-15 mins with his help.

Having said that, he didn't miss tackles or drop balls. I thought players like Isa and Tautai tended to overplay. Isa has been surprisingly good for us by keeping it simple and being "strong and stable". Faz had a brain fart or two towards the end, but the game was gone by then.

Forsyth impressed me for his graft, Davies was sound, and Marshall, despite his naive defence at times, is superb. He skinned Shaull down the touchline, worthy of Trevor Lake or Offiah.

We will benefit in the long-term from these lads, and Wells, Field, Sutton etc, gaining experience now.

Disappointed by Williams' contribution in terms of organisation or leadership. Even if he's carrying a knock, as a half back/marquee player I'd have hoped for more. Sam P looked more like a future captain tonight.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐