Wigan v Warrington - Challenge Cup

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Wigan v Warrington - Challenge Cup

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

LTAWigan4Eva wrote:
Wormburner wrote:
morley pie eater wrote: Not sarcasm, watch the replay.

Good to see Cooper Clarke on the Wire teamsheet
sorry, all i see from him is the mistakes he keeps making every game
I liked the idea of Joel playing prop.
I thought he had a good game today.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I actually thought Tommy was much better today, that kick out on the full excepted.

I think it's a bit rich to bleat about how hard done we were, when the winning try should never have been allowed, the pass was a mile forward. But I suppose you should blame the touchie for that more than the ref. That said, enormous credit to Marshall for pwning Atkins (how great was that to see? :lol: ) and forcing his way over. I thought he was terrific.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

There was more than a few errors this afternoon's game,not a purists game for sure

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
LTAWigan4Eva wrote:
Wormburner wrote:sorry, all i see from him is the mistakes he keeps making every game
I liked the idea of Joel playing prop.
I thought he had a good game today.
All you're meant to see is his mistakes. (That IS sarcasm.)
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

yokozuna wrote:There were negatives: too many mistakes, too many penalties (although the ref should have worn a warrington shirt), and at the end we were lucky to win it. But, lots of positives too.

1. We were the better side and should have won comfortably.
2. George Botica and his 100% conversion, including some tough ones from both touch-lines.
3. Bateman. Him and Farrell are machines. Best two second-rowers in the league for me. Keep them fit.
4. Sam. Wasn't perfect, but for his first game back since last autumn, he looked good. Scared the life out of the Warrington defence, and I'm not sure how Ratchford and Hughes both escaped a yellow card.
5. We won.
6. Some lovely "D" at times (although not consistent enough), with Bateman and Farrell doing what they do in defence, and some eye-catching tackles from McIlorum, Marshall and Leuluai.
7. We're going to get better.
The defence is a worry,it isnt as it should,or at least we as Wigan fans have come to expect,but it'll gell.

Thought Bateman had a decent enough game,but screaming like a petulant child at a fairly inexperienced Marshall wasnt pretty to see,the lad cocked up he knew it have a word by all means but ways and means of doing it without it affecting as it clearly did when he gave away the penalty a few moments later,its a mans game of course but even so.

Worring given how poor Wire really are they ran Wigan so close,still plenty to do but looking at it as a cup tie it wasnt a bad one and yup wigan won :D
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah, if you've got hopes of lifting the Cup, you'll need to play a lot better than either side managed here. Great to see Bateman back, though, and Sam seemed pretty much how we remember: improving our attack with good support play, but still sometimes fallible defensively.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

How many more do we have left to get our defence sorted before the next round?
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
LTAWigan4Eva

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

Wigan will win the CC
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

LTAWigan4Eva wrote:Wigan will win the CC
I hope you are right.
This game v Wire was at a time where some of our more key players returned, theyre not match fit and havent played as a unit for a number of months.
This unit will only get better barring more injuries, however, we will have to cut out the unforced mistakes and stupid penalties.
Do you think We should stick with two hookers, I thought Williams was caught out yesterday in the way he comes forward and the different passing styles of powell/McIlorum meant he struggled to consistently catch the ball well off the PTB.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

How do i post a picture on here?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE