McIllorum

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: McIllorum

Post by fozzieskem »

Ahh FPN the gift that keeps on giving
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

When’s FPN contract run out?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Barney841 wrote:When’s FPN contract run out?
Didnt he signed a three year deal when he signed?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jasonnlouise wrote:Heard today he's definitely signing for Catalans ,he doesn't really want to leave but salary cap is forcing him out as we cant offload FPN ,also he turned down massive money from Canberra
How can the salary cap force a contracted player out if he doesn't want to leave?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Barney841 wrote:When’s FPN contract run out?
End of next season.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Shows how bad FPN is if we can’t offload him.
Let’s hope it works it our favour though and he works out of his skin in the new season so can earn a contract at a decent club for 2019
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

I am fuming at this. Why does it have to be him who leaves. He is under contract and doesn't want to leave but he is going, something doesn't seem right to me

Let Powell go first , maybe not cos not would want him. TL has maybe one more season lft in him but Mac has 5/6 left.

Also last year we extended ISa s contract by another year when we have got a bundle of back rowers, using some of the CAP.

Why sign an untried Aussie, no matter how little he is on, he is still taking something.

Are the club pushing him out? to balance the books. If so, its a disgrace when they are nerous\plenty of players in this squad who offer far less.

Looking forward to Powell\TL at hooker next year to bolster our already power puff pack. What does Powell actually offer.

The Club, mainly KR\IL\SW , really need to come out and explain any stratergies they may have for this club, because at the moment we are boucing from one disaster to another and seemingly without direction.

I have not renewed for next season and this has cemented my decsion, i will pick and chose.

All the hot air spouted at the end of season dinner looks very hollow now. New assistant coach, new signings etc.

All we hear now is how good training is, the lads are this and that, bollocks. Another pointless 4 days in Wales, if they are not bonded now there is something wrong, and more wrestling.

So from the season finishing our coach has come up with a different pre season plan to make us better, doesnt sound like it to me.

Bateman next to go?

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

acwrlfc wrote:I am fuming at this. Why does it have to be him who leaves. He is under contract and doesn't want to leave but he is going, something doesn't seem right to me

Let Powell go first , maybe not cos not would want him. TL has maybe one more season lft in him but Mac has 5/6 left.

Also last year we extended ISa s contract by another year when we have got a bundle of back rowers, using some of the CAP.

Why sign an untried Aussie, no matter how little he is on, he is still taking something.

Are the club pushing him out? to balance the books. If so, its a disgrace when they are nerous\plenty of players in this squad who offer far less.

Looking forward to Powell\TL at hooker next year to bolster our already power puff pack. What does Powell actually offer.

The Club, mainly KR\IL\SW , really need to come out and explain any stratergies they may have for this club, because at the moment we are boucing from one disaster to another and seemingly without direction.

I have not renewed for next season and this has cemented my decsion, i will pick and chose.

All the hot air spouted at the end of season dinner looks very hollow now. New assistant coach, new signings etc.

All we hear now is how good training is, the lads are this and that, bollocks. Another pointless 4 days in Wales, if they are not bonded now there is something wrong, and more wrestling.

So from the season finishing our coach has come up with a different pre season plan to make us better, doesnt sound like it to me.

Bateman next to go?
80 minutes a game, freeing up a much needed space on the bench, sounds like you are more gutted because he is your favourite player rather than how important he is to the team, which, if you think about it, he isn't or the club wouldn't be leeting him go, if true :roll:
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

At my age I don't have favourite players I just have opinions on players and I d like to think after years of watching I have a pretty fair judgement.

I am sure Mcllorum next season could do 80 mins but Wane generally wants two hookers one of the bench, it was only when Mac was unavailable that Powell played 80 mins.

So if he goes, do you think Powell will do 80 mins, my bet is he wont even start, that will be TL.

I stand by what I said, please apart from effort tell me what he actually brings

Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Pretty much agree with every sentiment from acwrlfc. If this is true, it's an appalling reflection on our Club especially if MM doesn't want to go. I look forward to reading the "justification" from the management group. I've gone from being disappointed to being really angry and hacked off by the way the club is being run and fans kept in the dark. All they want to talk about is a jaunt to Wollongong. No disrespect to Sam Powell, a hard-working but seriously limited pro, but if anyone thinks he is a Wigan quality hooker or half-back, then I'm on the wrong rugby planet!!