Should Joel be Sacked?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Should Joel be Sacked?

Post by fozzieskem »

Fujiman wrote:
captinjack wrote:
Barney841 wrote:Says on Shaun Wane has said on sky sports that he’s known Joel and Sam for a long time, Joel half his life, and there all very close.
THATS THE PROBLEM!!!
Barney I have been saying this for months. Justin Holbrook at Saints the players call him Boss. It's the same at Warrington Price get called Boss by the players

At Wigan the Head Coach is called "Waney". It is the wrong kind of philosophy at the club. You cannot be a Head Coach and be best mates with the players, or with certain players.
Didn’t the players used to call Maguire Madge?
If they did where’s the respect?

A boss is a boss when all is said and done for me but I’m a little old fashioned I suppose
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote:
Fujiman wrote:
captinjack wrote: Barney I have been saying this for months. Justin Holbrook at Saints the players call him Boss. It's the same at Warrington Price get called Boss by the players

At Wigan the Head Coach is called "Waney". It is the wrong kind of philosophy at the club. You cannot be a Head Coach and be best mates with the players, or with certain players.
Didn’t the players used to call Maguire Madge?
If they did where’s the respect?

A boss is a boss when all is said and done for me but I’m a little old fashioned I suppose
We used to call our boss Colin, that was his name, the end
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Flash wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Flash wrote: Just for clarity, Dave, could you point to the indicators we all saw in the Terry Newton case please.
I was talking with Terry on the Friday night as he died on the Sunday & he was laughing & joking with me & another friend. There was no way I would have thought he would have took his own life & I was absolutely devastated when I got the phone call on Sunday morning ????
Exactly Josie. In my experience it's a common story that even the nearest and dearest are rarely aware of an impending suicide. That's the whole point of the 'State of Mind' campaign.
Very true. No one person can see if any one has any issues that can lead to them to take their own lives. Terry Newton's death shook the RL World and we can only hope people can freely talk about any mental health issues without fear of ridicule or looked down upon. But more importantly people can get help ans support they need.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Flash wrote: Just for clarity, Dave, could you point to the indicators we all saw in the Terry Newton case please.
No more than I could with Robin Williams. Another famous person I had never met.

It's quite often the case that people who commit suicide give no indication of it. There was some US fashion designer who committed suicide last week that was all over the press with people saying they had no idea.

What I objected to was people suggesting JT was/is another likely to go down this path. It's a facile argument because it's based on the false assumption that just because it's theoretically possible he might decide to end it tomorrow that this is a realistic outcome for JT because he got sacked. You may as well say he's likely to go on a rampage about Wigan as a result because clearly he could but of course he won't. It's the old "anything is possible" argument.

It is not possible to have a functioning society or for that matter a functioning pro sports club if every time you decide to sanction someone you start asking are they going to harm themselves if you do based on the "anything's possible" stance any more than it is to worry they might go and grab a gun and go on a rampage.