Squad for Wednesday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: Squad for Wednesday

Post by jobo »

Hope things turn around in this game. Had a couple of 50/50's from Childs but still looking pretty grim.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

jobo wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:09 pm Hope things turn around in this game. Had a couple of 50/50's from Childs but still looking pretty grim.
I imagine wire will put atleast 30 on us tonight.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:06 pm
medlocke wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:00 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:46 pm

They do

Hankinson showed nothing when he did play in SL

Don't need a kicker when you can't score tries
Why are you so biased against Hanky, Every chance you get you put him down
Who was Lockers again?
Touche :lol:
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

This is f*cking embarrassing. No ideas in attack. Shit in defence. Lam out.
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:25 pm
jackthelad wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:56 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:46 pm

They do

Hankinson showed nothing when he did play in SL

Don't need a kicker when you can't score tries
Totally do not agree with this comment, Hankinson showed plenty of ability he was consistent and reliable, accept he isn't a world beater but showed alot more than we have at the moment!!

It seems crazy why he isn't being recalled
his goal kicking would be a welcome bonus

No idea what the loan deal is? but raises questions of the coach / management of the squad yet again?
Has your connection to Hankinson been confirmed yet?
🤷‍♂️ you're obviously obsessed 😂😂🤔
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:47 pm
Mike wrote:Its true, but we chose not to play KR at full back back then for his developement. Now we're saying because we have no recognised full back and we're playing very badly, we should drop this young kid straight in. Clearly the plan for Hanley was to give him some first team experience and let him develop.

Maybe its the right thing to do to forget about the damage this could do to one player's development when the team need a short-term fix, let him sink or swim? But I would say that the coaching staff almost certinly had a plan for Hanley and it look like their following that to me.

I don't know what's the right thing to do TBH, but these decisions are not made because the head coach is an idiot. These are professional RL coaches making decisions that they think benefit the development of players and therefore the longer term health of the club, and weight those against the short-term success on the field. You might not agree with what they decide to do, but I'd say people in the club are giving this a lot of thought, and aren't idiots.
The trouble with all this is that if the fear is playing Hanley in his natural position is going to damage him what on earth do you think playing him on the wing is doing?

He looks like a fish out of water and has no general idea how to defend as a winger positionally. If the plan was to stick him on the wing to give him first team football that little experiment should have ended by now because it’s backfired.

When something isn’t working yet you keep doing it I think it’s fair to call the person making the same mistake week in, week out which is what Lam is doing an idiot.

Hanley is useless on the wing and it’s doing him no good so if he’s not going to play full back drop him for one of the academy wingers.
I think you're arguing that Hanley should be played at full back and anyone who doesn't agree is an idiot? Very similar to all your posts and very very close to a personal insult by logical induction.

I remember when
we could have reasonable
Debate but no more.

The web has won I suppose.

I await your post calling me an idiot (again).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
jobo

Post by jobo »

Sam Powell taking a few tips from the Roby book of how to strip a ball and get away with it.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

They sky guys are amusing tonight, this is Warrington beating a skeleton wigan team, this is Warrington beating a very good wigan team who won the first 7 games if the league who have just come undone. :lol:

This season is over I'm June (not doom and glooming)

With
Wire tonight
Saints on Sunday

It's damage done for any good chance :lol:
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

What's the score. The train wifi is appalling.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Mike wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:18 pm What's the score. The train wifi is appalling.
:lol:
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.