Squad v Huddersfield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Squad v Huddersfield

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:40 pm And just like the last few weeks…… no tommy and jacko and smith create…… cmon lammy u bloody know this
Is he being forced to play certain players in certain positions by Lenners though, Lenners gives the impression that he's a control freak :shock:
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Play that O’Neil at hooker all the time.
He’s overtaken Powell’s run from the rucks in 10mins!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Well KPP will certainly be in this team for a long time to come( even if at centre for me)……. Good win just please please please keep smithy n hastings in the halfs……. Beat them again next week and its a step forward coz giants are by no way a good side
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Thanks for all your positivity. Nevertheless, at least one of us enjoyed the game, supported the players, believed we could win, and thinks we will grow in confidence.

Marshy my MoM.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:04 pm Thanks for all your positivity. Nevertheless, at least one of us enjoyed the game, supported the players, believed we could win, and thinks we will grow in confidence.

Marshy my MoM.
I enjoyed the second half. It was abit more convincing
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Was it just me or was Hastings upset with the bench for not taking the two. He had his arms out shouting for a while.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well that’s a relief but it’s been about 15 years since I remember greeting a win with that emotion I think.

Then next time Lam is interviewed on TV I hope the interviewer asks why does he keep playing Hastings at full back and when he gives whatever answer he’s does, just asks “well it’s clearly not working so,why are you still doing it?”

Someone needs to press him on this because it’s killed our attack every since Hardaker’s ban and injury.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Marshall's clearly not happy. He's not trusting his leg and doesn't look to be running even slightly freely.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
pedro

Post by pedro »

Mike wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:18 pm Marshall's clearly not happy. He's not trusting his leg and doesn't look to be running even slightly freely.
hes no where near fully fit, he'dve scored a hat trick today if so
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

It comes to something when we're all elated by beating a depleted and not very good Huddersfield side.

Not much point talking about most players and the team because Lam has got it all taped. "Attack- it'll come right soon enough..................! "

It must be time to think about O'Neill being given a run at hooker. Powell looks shot and is offering no go-forward at the PTB. As nothing else is going to change, let's try that.
Fair play to Shorrocks - in with a shout of player of the season for his efforts.
Fewer penalties this week. Sheer coincidence that Smithies, Havard and Partington weren't there I suppose.