Wigan squad for Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: Wigan squad for Warrington

Post by Wintergreen »

Some real positives tonight.

1. Marshall showed once again why he is a very, very solid player. One of the first names on my teamsheet.

2. Field- his pace is ridiculous. Everything looks so easy. He must be close to, if not the fastest player ever. He's quicker than Offiah and gets up to speed a lot faster. He also is not a one trick pony- his passing and cover tackling is top drawer. Him signing was one of the most exciting signatures Wigan have made in years.

3. KPP- I am very pleased to say he's improving game by game. Some very strong, direct runs tonight and some great offloads. He's a 2nd row not a centre, but that's not his call.

RL is an entertainment business, and tonight I was entertained.
butchbulldog

Post by butchbulldog »

Fan of Powell and thought we missed him at the start but Cust stepped up in the 2nd half. Prob Singletons best game this season
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Delighted to win The Locker Cup 🏆 tonight, first time I've seen it won!

I think this game was always going to be motivation for Wire to try and start building form from and I think they looked pretty solid in the first half.

Felt sorry for Shorrocks, looked so uncomfortable at 9 (as I've always thought), I agree with others, Cust looked so much different at 9!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:09 pm Delighted to win The Locker Cup 🏆 tonight, first time I've seen it won!

I think this game was always going to be motivation for Wire to try and start building form from and I think they looked pretty solid in the first half.

Felt sorry for Shorrocks, looked so uncomfortable at 9 (as I've always thought), I agree with others, Cust looked so much different at 9!
We should have put Shorrocks at 2nd row with KPP moved the other side and had cust 9 Smith and Field in the halves.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Cooper impressed me tough lad glad he's a wigan player now entertainment again in good supply on we go

Warrington won't be relegated but while better than the capitulation at their place they're in trouble
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:16 pm Just watched Powells interview, sounds like he’s getting desperate.
Yes they were alright in the first half but they were shocking in the second half.
Don’t know how Powell can say the score flattered us
So have I. Thought he was very defensive and went on a bit of a rant.

As to Wigan’s performance that was very good. Warrington were up for it and when I saw the Locker cup was being played for I thought we might have given them the extra motivation they needed but Wigan were too good.

I like try saving tackles like Field’s almost as much as a spectacular try but if you listen to that Powell interview you’d be forgiven for thinking it was just bad luck that wasn’t a score.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Soak it in, it won't always be like this! What a team! Great to watch.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Warrington do have some good youngsters.
- Danny walker at hooker
- Thewlis, Ashton, Wrench at FB & Wing
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:31 am Warrington do have some good youngsters.
- Danny walker at hooker
- Thewlis, Ashton, Wrench at FB & Wing
Think Connor Wrench looks a very good prospect, very fast.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Good win that, thought the pack had a good game, especially Mago and Cooper (what a brilliant signing) Singo was good also, he can make good yards so why does he have so many games where he doesn’t? Shorrocks isn’t a 9 and wouldn’t even make it in the 17 for me. Marshall was outstanding as usual as were Bevan and Field. Impressed with KPP as well, tough to handle and made some good offloads. As for Warrington they really look in trouble and if I was a wire fan and had Powell as a coach I’d stop watching them I dislike him that much. Miserable dour sour faced, negative and has no class, unlike Peet never gives credit to the other team and whines how he’s been hard done by. Anyway I digress, good performance onwards and upwards, up the cherry and white.