Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jobo

Re: Bateman

Post by jobo »

Wes wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:21 pm Strange how fans are happy to let him go as he’s on marquee money yet admit he’s still a very good player, (so the squad loses a very good player, excellent IMO) yet same fans are happy to keep Isa as he’s a solid 7 on shit money (squad keeps, and plays and average at best player)??

When the seasons well underway we complain our squad isn’t good enough for top honours🙈
Does seem strange. He's still one of the very best 2nd rowers playing the game.

When he signed the contract to come back to Wigan, he was worth every penny and there would have been an outcry had he signed for Leeds or Wire.

I think he'll be a huge loss but if he is going, good luck to him.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Wes wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:21 pm Strange how fans are happy to let him go as he’s on marquee money yet admit he’s still a very good player, (so the squad loses a very good player, excellent IMO) yet same fans are happy to keep Isa as he’s a solid 7 on shit money (squad keeps, and plays and average at best player)??

When the seasons well underway we complain our squad isn’t good enough for top honours🙈
That’s why I can’t say it can be a good move until I know who, if anyone, is replacing him. He’s a top player and I don’t care what he’s being paid if it means he goes and we’re left with a young second rower for 12 months only and Isa. I want a settled squad and I want a squad full of good players. How they facilitate that is up to the powers that be.

If we lose him and go with what we have, it’s a poor move. If we lose him and replace him with a quality player, then maybe it can be a good move. We’ll see how it plays out.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

He is not worth a Marquee space on current form imo.

As said already, if we can replace with quality then it's likely to be a good thing.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Never ever bring players back, EVER
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I agree Wes. I would like somebody to tell me where we get a player comparable to JB?
Charriots Offiah

Wintergreen wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:11 pm He is not worth a Marquee space on current form imo.

As said already, if we can replace with quality then it's likely to be a good thing.
Who?
Charriots Offiah

NICKYKISS wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:56 pm

That’s why I can’t say it can be a good move until I know who, if anyone, is replacing him. He’s a top player and I don’t care what he’s being paid if it means he goes and we’re left with a young second rower for 12 months only and Isa. I want a settled squad and I want a squad full of good players. How they facilitate that is up to the powers that be.

If we lose him and go with what we have, it’s a poor move. If we lose him and replace him with a quality player, then maybe it can be a good move. We’ll see how it plays out.
Unless we ease the quota then I am not sure where we find a player of JB’s quality.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:25 pm

Unless we ease the quota then I am not sure where we find a player of JB’s quality.
We’ve obviously been watching 2 different John batemans since he’s come back. You’ve been watching the best sr itl and I’ve been watching an average SL sr. Is there a genuine split opinion on this or what? Can anyone give me one game this season u thought he was one of the best on the pitch ?
Charriots Offiah

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:13 pm

We’ve obviously been watching 2 different John batemans since he’s come back. You’ve been watching the best sr itl and I’ve been watching an average SL sr. Is there a genuine split opinion on this or what? Can anyone give me one game this season u thought he was one of the best on the pitch ?
At Newcastle. Now, can you give me names of players that we can adequately replace him with? And, due to the fact that we have no spaces on the non-federation quota choose carefully.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:47 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:13 pm

At Newcastle. Now, can you give me names of players that we can adequately replace him with? And, due to the fact that we have no spaces on the non-federation quota choose carefully.
If I remember correctly at Newcastle he threw a stupid offload on the 3 rd tackle in our own half which led to the welsby try followed by a second saints try from kick off essentially costing us that game 😭. Fair enough tho i think I remember him having a decent game. Replacement is easy. Convert kpp into his actual position where his strengths can be used have isa as back up and fill junior in for a few games which is what I’m guessing will happen considering he’s making it onto all the posters and videos. Next year we’ll have a foreign quota spot, all is sorted. All while freeing up a few hundred k on the cap