Cooper injury

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Cooper injury

Post by Charriots Offiah »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:55 pm
WIGIAN wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:47 pm Shame for Cooper no nonsense grafter if Mago had 50% of Coopers attitude he'd be smashing it. . Over on Redvee I see its us citing Knowles due to the injury sustained sometimes the stupidity beggars belief, funny this morning I said there was nothing in the Knowles challenge and still do its just an unlucky outcome no malice .
Is this the incident that Knowles is being charged with, or something else from the game (open question)?
Is citing a thing still, everything seems to be analysed anyway?
Yes.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

They do seem to be cracking down on this type of tackle good thing too,I notice Jermaine Mcgilvery posted a similar tackle to Knowles that put him out for months on end.

https://twitter.com/J_mcGillvary/statu ... 29/video/1

But nothing in it is there?
Charriots Offiah

5 match ban for Knowles.

Here is the link;

https://www.totalrl.com/warrington-wolv ... on-lifted/

WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

It's shocking for Cooper and Im no Knowles fan but still dont see it . How is it as bad as a deliberate punch to the face by Dudson
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

WIGIAN wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:41 pm It's shocking for Cooper and Im no Knowles fan but still dont see it . How is it as bad as a deliberate punch to the face by Dudson
It's a known joint pressure technique and a poor one it's getting loads of publicity at the moment in the NRL and NFL. I'm pretty sure Flower got a 2 game ban for us at least 5 seasons back for the same thing even though it didn't cause injury? If I had to take Dudsons punch or that tackle I would take the punch. He will need opps and plenty work just to get mobility back at his age it could end his career.
I have no problem with the way Knowles plays leading the line it's why I loved watching Micky Mac and Smithies plays a similar game. With that on the edge style comes plenty visits to the RFL. That said joint tackles need to be cut completely it's a hard enough game with accidentally sustained injuries without things that almost guarantee it.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

It seems so , hip drop tackles on the radar. Not sure there's intent. As for Smithies I'm again lost
Charriots Offiah

WIGIAN wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:09 pm It seems so , hip drop tackles on the radar. Not sure there's intent. As for Smithies I'm again lost
Another thing you have to factor in is Knowles’ previous record, he has been cited 9 times since the beginning of 2022. It would appear, given those figures, that he either knows what he is doing or is not clever enough to learn his lesson.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Somebody said that he did a similar tackle on the player for Penrith in the WCC & he is out for the season also.

I do remember the incident but can’t remember the player injured or the tackler from saints.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:30 pm Somebody said that he did a similar tackle on the player for Penrith in the WCC & he is out for the season also.

I do remember the incident but can’t remember the player injured or the tackler from saints.
He was involved in the tackle but Passi was the one that made the tackle around the legs.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:42 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:30 pm Somebody said that he did a similar tackle on the player for Penrith in the WCC & he is out for the season also.

He was involved in the tackle but Passi was the one that made the tackle around the legs.
Right, thank you 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan