Wigan squad for Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Wigan squad for Hull FC

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Way off our best tonight. We had enough possession and field position to win that match easily, the problem is that graft doesn’t always win you matches. We need more creativity, I am sure the coaching staff know that and there will be changes.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The injuries are creeping up on Wigan and it showed tonight Hull are a long way off being a tony Smith side so no doubt he will be happy with the win that said the 2nd half wigan should have beaten them they had possession enough though granted the weather wasn't brilliant.

On a personal note was very distracted with the game as I thought I'd lost my phone thankfully it was still on the coach when we got back don't like leaving before the end win or.lose but tonight was one of those rare nights.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:52 pm We got beat. We live with it and move on . But no doubt the doomongers will have their say and tear us apart.

EW
👏🏼👏🏼😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:44 pm Did we turn up thinking we'd already won?
No!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

up the junction wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:03 pm Also Thought Josh Griffin was given forever lying on .
I said the same at the game, & seemed offside. Will need to watch it back tomorrow.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:13 pm Just minor criticisms but with hindsight its easy - Nsemba should have had more time on the pitch, Shorrocks get himself isolated too often, poor options taken at times.

Credit Hull with a determined effort, rain, cold, Thaler...not our night, learn and move on.
It was bloody freezing & the blasted rain! 🥶

Yes, move on.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Leeds only played well last year for about last six games & got to the Grand Final!
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

A bit more composure we win that tonight.
Shorrocks doesn’t work at stand off, he’s too slow. Thornley went well, didn’t realise he had that pace, finished his tries well.
Thought Hull defended their hearts out tonight
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Surely the coaching staff can see that Mago does not look to be showing any sort of improvement it was embarrassing watching him defend especially the attempted tackle on one of their forwards and he does not offer much in attack he is not taking his chance time to act????
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Suzieb wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:51 am Surely the coaching staff can see that Mago does not look to be showing any sort of improvement it was embarrassing watching him defend especially the attempted tackle on one of their forwards and he does not offer much in attack he is not taking his chance time to act????
When mago and KPP let satae run 20 metres it was embarrassing.Mago got dragged and KPP actually got knocked off twice in the same run.Still think KPP needs a rocket up his arse along with byrne
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE