WELCOME TO WIGAN Mr. NOBLE!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
chrisJJ

Re: WELCOME TO WIGAN Mr. N...

Post by chrisJJ »

i saw it on sky and cheered out loud. i'm so delighted that we have a coach but an astablished british coach can't do much better :) :) :) :) :) Image
To be the best
you have to beat the best
eggchaser

Post by eggchaser »

Bang on IMO.
I was at the cas game and despite GB and that we were playing bradford the following week NOBBY was stood on the terrace with us.
Why would he do that when he could prob have had a box or been elsewhere.

Love him or hate him, hats off to MO for pulling this off.

Come on!
Sing your hearts out!
Play your hearts out!
NOBBY'S CHERRY & WHITE ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :eusa2: :) :) :eusa3:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Fraggle posted:
Mike posted:
One down side of this is that I have to right *another* profile (which will only be up for 6 months if recent history is anything to go by :exc: ). Can anyone help - email me a profile of Brian's career to date and I will stick it on his page. Alternatively, post here and i will give you permissions to edit his profile directly.
As a start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_noble.
Thats plagerism though. I need someone to re-write the same information in their own words...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fester65

Re: WELCOME TO WIGAN Mr. NOBLE...

Post by fester65 »

well old nobys intown let the good times roll
TedMac

Post by TedMac »

It's up to us to do our bit now. We've got a great coach, we might even get a couple of Bradford players ; Fletch is back and Jerry as well. So let's get behind em and show the Sky viewers what wiggin fans are capable of!!
Anybody notice how Terry N slotted straight into the Bradford team - Fielden & co already know how and where to run off him. Bradford were superb against Leeds and Hudds - give it time and we'll be there.
Ted Mac
westclox

Re: WELCOME TO WIGAN Mr. NOBLE...

Post by westclox »

dont unpack that traveling bag to soon mr noble, the teem will let you know if they like you or not.
warriorwal

Post by warriorwal »

First of all welcome nobby hope you can enjoy it here as much as we can enjoy you coaching our team.
Also what about new So heres hoping and i would like to add speaking to someone who has links with bulls and it is rumoured that tez is coming back i know many other people have posted this but had to have my say get back home TEZ :D
billyf

Post by billyf »

chrisJJ posted:
i saw it on sky and cheered out loud. i'm so delighted that we have a coach but an astablished british coach can't do much better :) :) :) :) :) Image
From a loyal scottish fan I would like to welcome Mr Noble to a great team also I would like to thank the fans for a great atmosphere at the St Helens game - true support and fantastic humour - always look on the bright side cause here we come :exc: :lol: :) :D
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Easy Now ! posted:
I'm off down the bookies, see what odds i can get on nobby not seeing out his contract :o
Probably not very good, I hope that the contrarian bet would pay off much more.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
phibes

Post by phibes »

Mike posted:
I am also pleased that Noble has joined, although I'm not at all sure that the coach is the root of Wigan's problems at the moment. For me, it is more the structure of the team and the personel in key positions. One thing I would like to see is a few moves in the transfer market for players, with salary cap space made by releasing (paying off with Whelans money) some of the players that simply don't fit.
I agree. In the short-term without any new players coming in, his options will be limited. Plus, as I understand it, if DW pays off any players' contracts who don't fit (and we have several of those), they'll still count on the salary cap.

On the positive side, Noble has the prestige of being GB coach, and has a good rep as a defensive coach - and our defense must improve very quickly if we're to avoid the drop this year.

All the problems we've had this season has produced a lot of debate on the board about whether it's was the fault of the players or Millward or some combination of both. How the players respond over the coming weeks should settle that debate.