Catalans Dragons v Wigan Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BIG AL

Re: Catalans Dragons v Wigan W...

Post by BIG AL »

the Bowtun Warrior wrote
another rule made up lately on this board:

If you weren't there dont comment!

I thought it was just medlock who recieved this unfair treatment. Now its the lot of us
------------------------------------------------------

I think everybody is entitled to comment, but its not very fair if the comments are about a particular player, in a particular game, if the person who makes the comment is only doing it because he dosent like that player for what ever reason
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I was there too, lol, still am... well, Barcelona airport... will do an AnL report upon return
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
pedro

Post by pedro »

Dawn O wrote:I was there (and also very sober!) and here are my views

Need to stop running sidewards!!!!

Colbon is too slow - one instance he got the ball on the wing and had a clear run, instead he came in on the inside - phelps had a clear run on the wing, pinned his ears back and ran in for a try. This is what we are missing.

Mathers turnstyle performances are driving me insane, get Richards back there please.

Defence shocking - can I mention we are missing Locky in a big way or will I be vilified, I just wonder would that three man tackle had resulted in the ball coming out and les cats scoring if Locky had been involved.

14 points down and Nobby bring Hock back on - if he went off injured after two minutes why bring him back on when the game was lost.

Feka had a decent game but will unfortunately be remembered for giving the best ball out to a les cats player. He played part of the game as a bleeding half back!!

Kit clash-ridiculous, the club would have known weeks ago about this and had a chance to rectify it.

Thought Tommy L had a good game.

by the by spoke to IL in perpignan - very interesting indeed, Smith will play against london accoring to him - sparking Barrett to play loose forward.

by the way a good weekend had by all and result really didn't spoil it.
you got me there I wasnt sober
Dawn O

Post by Dawn O »

pedro wrote:
Dawn O wrote:I was there (and also very sober!) and here are my views

Need to stop running sidewards!!!!

Colbon is too slow - one instance he got the ball on the wing and had a clear run, instead he came in on the inside - phelps had a clear run on the wing, pinned his ears back and ran in for a try. This is what we are missing.

Mathers turnstyle performances are driving me insane, get Richards back there please.

Defence shocking - can I mention we are missing Locky in a big way or will I be vilified, I just wonder would that three man tackle had resulted in the ball coming out and les cats scoring if Locky had been involved.

14 points down and Nobby bring Hock back on - if he went off injured after two minutes why bring him back on when the game was lost.

Feka had a decent game but will unfortunately be remembered for giving the best ball out to a les cats player. He played part of the game as a bleeding half back!!

Kit clash-ridiculous, the club would have known weeks ago about this and had a chance to rectify it.

Thought Tommy L had a good game.

by the by spoke to IL in perpignan - very interesting indeed, Smith will play against london accoring to him - sparking Barrett to play loose forward.

by the way a good weekend had by all and result really didn't spoil it.
you got me there I wasnt sober

I was only sober because I was so ill from the night before :D
pedro

Post by pedro »

I was that drunk I swapped jerseys with a 5ft 1 local rugby coach and his was a crappy red and yellow £2 shirt, mine cost nearly 50 with name and letters. I had to give it to a young wigan lad as it stopped my circulation.

The dangers of alcohol.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

BIG AL wrote:the Bowtun Warrior wrote

I thought it was just medlock who recieved this unfair treatment. Now its the lot of us

I think everybody is entitled to comment, but its not very fair if the comments are about a particular player, in a particular game, if the person who makes the comment is only doing it because he dosent like that player for what ever reason
i haven't singled out 'one player' or done so becuase i 'dont like them'! nor i dont think has anyone claimed that we lost on saturday 100% because of one player!

i think some are just very sick of certain players taking circumstances into acount (i.e. tag, wage, form and selcection despite playing naff week in week out!

i've been there every week barring the frogs game, so i'm sure im entitled to my opinion on individuals as well as the whole team (see my thread). i think that goes for alot of people who didn't have the time/money for france!

Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

God wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:
BIG AL wrote:the Bowtun Warrior wrote

i haven't singled out 'one player' or done so becuase i 'dont like them'! nor i dont think has anyone claimed that we lost on saturday 100% because of one player!

i think some are just very sick of certain players taking circumstances into acount (i.e. tag, wage, form and selcection despite playing naff week in week out!

i've been there every week barring the frogs game, so i'm sure im entitled to my opinion on individuals as well as the whole team (see my thread). i think that goes for alot of people who didn't have the time/money for france!

Again :eusa2: :eusa2:
Get a room you two :inlo:
pedro

Post by pedro »

:lol:
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

cpwigan wrote:
God wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote: i haven't singled out 'one player' or done so becuase i 'dont like them'! nor i dont think has anyone claimed that we lost on saturday 100% because of one player!

Again :eusa2: :eusa2:
Get a room you two :inlo:
Just happy some1 agrees ;)
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

God wrote:Oh there he is, have another 4 points.

Sack Fielden, absolutly awful.

God why are you singling out certain players for very stinging personal attacks, i seem to rember you critising people on here for doing the exact same.