Major problem with Smith / Locking a Post

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cpwigan

Re: Locking a Post is perthetic (HEARD OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH)

Post by cpwigan »

WW, I cannot tell who locked it etc I presume Mike would be able to. He may have locked it himself although I presume not given he is not that way minded.

Re; The comment by IL at the forum. Given many things are said at these forums and not delivered why do some people treat that 1 COMMENT as a commandment. It was hyperbole bull IMO. The general consensus is that Tim Smith will at some point return to Aus. Anything here especially a thread on the net is powder puff and a stroll in the parkcompared to Aus.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

cpwigan wrote:WW, I cannot tell who locked it etc I presume Mike would be able to. He may have locked it himself although I presume not given he is not that way minded.

Re; The comment by IL at the forum. Given many things are said at these forums and not delivered why do some people treat that 1 COMMENT as a commandment. It was hyperbole bull IMO. The general consensus is that Tim Smith will at some point return to Aus. Anything here especially a thread on the net is powder puff and a stroll in the parkcompared to Aus.
Well said CP my Thoughts and sentiments exactly, some people take things completely out of context as in this case..

Still raining!

Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

raining here too (ashton) lol, still, im doing nothing special today anyhow, office all day till 6, then how to build IKEA flat pack furnature for babys nursery, i hate staff stuff lol :D
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Locking a thread is not against Freedom of Speech. In the UK we dont have a such a law. In the US they do.

Its safeguarding a persons right to privacy against rumors made by yourself on here. Whilst you allegedly say you know something you hide it in innuendo and rumors rather than say what the problem is. I find that rather gutless.

Dont come on here claiming freedom of speech when all you do is spread a rumor which might leave the owners of the website liable to a cout case.

You seem to make out your in the know in the club but i find that rather disturbing if you come on here and put on the website unfounded allegations or at worst a deliberate attempt to put more pressure on a player.

FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Having just read the recent posts on the Smith thread, there is nothing pathetic about it being blocked.
Some unfounded comments with absolutley no evidence to back up, just the usual scare mongering.
I don't know who blocked it, but having seen some of the posts, I'm not surprised in the least.
Rumour mills about who we may be signing etc is one thing, but putting comments on about personal behavior when you have no evidence to back up is another.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

whats with the upsurge in moderators? I know josie and cp got the vote... seems to be a few more.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I made a couple more users moderators whilst we had a trolling problem. Its only temporary and is based on who was around a lot at the time.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

FROM A TO B wrote:Having just read the recent posts on the Smith thread, there is nothing pathetic about it being blocked.
Some unfounded comments with absolutley no evidence to back up, just the usual scare mongering.
I don't know who blocked it, but having seen some of the posts, I'm not surprised in the least.
Rumour mills about who we may be signing etc is one thing, but putting comments on about personal behavior when you have no evidence to back up is another.
You could say that about many posts on here. What players earn and so on. I saw nothing in that thread that required it to be locked. As far as I can see WW merely restated what he said at the start of the thread which had already run for several pages.

As you can tell I didn't lock it.

As to the mod who did, then its very bad form to simply lock a thread and not first add a post saying you are going to do so.

It is also out of order as a mod to lock a thread just because you disagree with the content (that happens in rlfans on occasion and it is the worse for it) or at the behest of other users who disagree with the content.

There has to be a reason such as liable or abuse of other posters. Not controversial discussion you may disagree with.

Far more controversial threads have been left alone on here many times and the place is the better for it.
So whoever locked it please have the good grace to add a post at the end of the thread explaining why.

Dave

Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Flash your comments are totally disgraceful. You should be ashamed of yourself.. I dont mind anyone arguing their point and using examples to argue their case..

I for one like most would never use the context you have and again your a disgraceful person to do so.

I for one will never have a debate with you again but i will always remember your comments for future reference

You should be warned for writing such text, and in my opinion banned from the site.

Your a disgraceful person

Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

I have removed the post by flash, i dont think the content was relivent or acceptable so therefore i have removed it!
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk