Ainscough & Tomkins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Ainscough & Tompkins

Post by DaveO »

highland convert wrote:Players coming back from injury. Let us keep them off for another week and start them against a stronger team. DOC goes up the line as well. SA possibly needed some rest at 19. Look at the 18,19,20 year olds that have had corrective surjery already. The coaches play players for a veriety of reasons. Good move to rest SA in my opinion.
The player who needed resting was Richards. You could see that as he played the game against a very week opposition. If he needed a run out then the reserves would have got the heart rate up etc.
Look at Penny. Cracker at the start, where is he now? Noble did not need Aisncough. Pat and Carmont needed back in. Noble's job is to ballance a team not play players for fan popularity. More power to his elbow.
I see even a win cannot please some on here,
Jim
Noble rested the wrong player. It was obvious. If Pat's form with the boot continues to be poor then I would go as far as to say it is getting questionable as to who should get picked out of him and Aincough. After all it was Noble who said age does not matter it's the performance that counts (or words to that effect) only a few weeks ago when discussing the young players.

Dave

weststand-rich

Re: Ainscough & Tompkins

Post by weststand-rich »

neilbass wrote:Weststandrich :
Ainscough could have been carrying a knock or genuinely in need of a break
No injury, and definitely wanted to play.

I would argue however that Hock, Richards and Carmont were not fully fit or recovered from recent injuries.

About 10 minutes into the game Carmont looked absolutely shattered. Don't get me wrong he's a great player, but don't leave 100% fit, enthusiastic players to be water carriers, and then play half-injured players who are in real need of a rest.
Fair comment RE injury then - I suspect Noble is weighing up his options with Phelps then and seeing what he can do with him for the rest of the season. Or maybe he's flexing his coaching will against the might of the fans opinion :lol:
THE 18th Man

Re: Ainscough & Tomkins

Post by THE 18th Man »

there are certain reasons for Ainscough being dropped but believe me they are completly justified and wont be disclosed in this post but i was outraged when Tomkins was on the bench
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

THE 18th Man wrote:there are certain reasons for Ainscough being dropped but believe me they are completly justified and wont be disclosed in this post but i was outraged when Tomkins was on the bench
Well we can only surmise from that it was for disciplinary reasons and if so why was he 18th Man and not running around for the reserves or just not featuring anywhere?

Given the quoted comments from Noble I find that hard to believe and I don't go with any theory that says the likes of Noble would lie to cover things up or keep things quiet.

Dave
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

all i will say is that Nobles reason for dropping Ainscough was justified i am not saying whether its disciplinary or any other theroey you would have
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

just the usual rumours as always, Like has been said Shaun was rested otherwise would not be on the sidelines
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

THE 18th Man wrote:all i will say is that Nobles reason for dropping Ainscough was justified i am not saying whether its disciplinary or any other theroey you would have
I don't have a theory.

I can't think of any reason to drop him other than:

1. Injury.
2. Rest.
3. Tactical.
4. Disciplinary reasons.
5. Personal reasons.

Anyone else think of any other genuine reason he may have been dropped?

I can't see why you would not discuss 1,2 or 3 or for that mater simply state it was one of 4 or 5. If it was 5 then I would not expect him to have been water carrier either so as far as I can see the inevitable conclusion is 4.

If it isn't 4 you need to say so otherwise you are just fuelling an unfounded rumour.

Dave
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Could it not be as simple as giving the guy a rest. Noble has spoken to shaun about it and it all seems fine from where i'm sat. Id agree with this this weekend's squad given the reasons stated in the press/ club videos. Nothing wrong in that is there?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I guess this is what I was alluding to earlier with my comments RE Pongia. What the club says and what really goes on is 2 different things. It's easy for BN to blame training related stuff than discuss any possible non-rugby issues and in the process breach employer confidentiality.

After all if I was to get in trouble at work for gossiping on WWF instead of grafting, I wouldn't want the world to know. :sarc: :lol:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

weststand-rich wrote:I guess this is what I was alluding to earlier with my comments RE Pongia. What the club says and what really goes on is 2 different things.
I can't believe Noble is daft enough to say in a video interview the things quoted above if they were not true.

Lying is a hard thing to do as you have to tell more lies to cover up the lies!

I am convinced Noble rested Aiscough (incorrectly IMO) and as he has said wanted to see what players like Phelps went like.

Dave