Gleeson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: Gleeson

Post by butt monkey »

and stop bringing the Storm into your "argument" as that was about regularly and systematically paying there players over and above the cap for years - not a one-off payment for a player leaving under mysterious circumstances.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

butt monkey wrote:and stop bringing the Storm into your "argument" as that was about regularly and systematically paying there players over and above the cap for years - not a one-off payment for a player leaving under mysterious circumstances.
The Storm is completely relevant to this because what you are suggesting Wigan do is exactly what they did - tell the governing body they paid one amount and paid a different amount. The fact they did it systematically to many players makes no difference. It's still naive on your part IMO to think Wigan would be stupid enough to try that on.

If Wigan did and were found out to be deliberately and falsely submitting even one payment do you think the storm (pardon the pun) would be any less? IL isn't so stupid.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

butt monkey wrote: However to raise the issue that in somehow the RFL have as much clout as say the taxman is ridiculous should the pay-off transactions not be divulged.
You are the one insinuating that the payment details will be revealed if the RFL were told. When was the last time that happened? It never has, has it! So the RFL has remained as watertight on such matters as the tax man or anyone else haven't they. So you don't have point there.
Salary bla, bla bla, this is not an issue of a regular wage but of a one-off payment to leave, that could have been placed any in fund of Gleeson's desire. Whether the taxman know about is Gleeson's problem - but I doubt the taxman will give details of to a rugby executive should he request them.
Who said anything about the taxman giving details to the RFL? Not me. It's the club who will do so because the payoff will count on Wigan's salary cap. The RFL know he's left you know. They will require details of the pay off, if any and Wigan will tell them.
As for suggesting I say Wigan would be "dishonest" Where do I say that??? I said they do not have to print out every detail of what happened and what transpired that saw Gleeson leave Wigan. As I said and you read in the papers every day about gagging orders etc, is that SOME THINGS do not enter the pubic domain and the financial dealings that saw a mutual "parting of the ways" will be one of them. If it was not - why the secrecy between the parties involved when his leaving was announced, the one paragraph announcement said very little if anything at all as you yourself said - so why was that?
This has nothing to do with details entering the public domain but the motivation for Wigan not telling the RFL what Gleeson was paid to leave. There is none.
Do not try and play Devil's Advocate when your point of argument is simply "The RFL must know what transpired and the financial repercussions or we will be in trouble" Who exactly in the RFL do you TRUST DaveO to have this information and never pass onto the public domain?
Given they have details of every players salary in the game and they have never divulged any such information why do you think there is a problem? It is certainly no excuse for them not to be told - as the rules require - what Gleeson has been paid so they can correctly set Wigan's salary cap. Wigan telling porkies and giving an incorrect because they or Gleeson don't want the details known doesn't wash because its not putting the info in the public domain.

The irony of you position is it is probably in Wigan's interest they give them this information because it's quite likely while Wigan have unfortunately probably not managed to get away without paying Gleeson anything you would expect a compromise so they may have paid him less than his full wage. So the cap liability would go down.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

He was employed to do a job. He was incapable of doing that job. Why, that is between him and management. Where does the conspiricy theory com in. His finances/pay are not in the public domain. No person above mentioned has the right to put them in the public domain. Apart from a release of info (unusual)by the club of a statement of funds available under the salary cap no part can be released under privacy laws. The story will grow like a cancer. We are writing a soap opera here. Take out the Gleeson threads and we will have a uk version of the sopranos
mike should start a further heading "Unfounded Gossip"
Jim
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

highland convert wrote:He was employed to do a job. He was incapable of doing that job. Why, that is between him and management. Where does the conspiricy theory com in. His finances/pay are not in the public domain. No person above mentioned has the right to put them in the public domain. Apart from a release of info (unusual)by the club of a statement of funds available under the salary cap no part can be released under privacy laws. The story will grow like a cancer. We are writing a soap opera here. Take out the Gleeson threads and we will have a uk version of the sopranos
Jim
By what definition was Gleeson incapable of doing his job?
We are stil missing him massively so he must have been doing his job pretty damn well.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

highland convert wrote:He was employed to do a job. He was incapable of doing that job. Why, that is between him and management. Where does the conspiricy theory com in. His finances/pay are not in the public domain. No person above mentioned has the right to put them in the public domain.
No one is saying they should be in the public domain. I am saying Wigan will tell the RFL what any pay off was because they have to as part of the rules Wigan abide by so the RFL can adjust Wigan's salary cap. That isn't putting it into the public domain.
Apart from a release of info (unusual)by the club of a statement of funds available under the salary cap no part can be released under privacy laws.
We can only speculate (as we always do when any player leaves) how much money will be freed up on the cap by Gleeson leaving. My suggestion is it won't be as much as it could be because Wigan have most likely had to pay him off.
The story will grow like a cancer. We are writing a soap opera here. Take out the Gleeson threads and we will have a uk version of the sopranos
Jim
You lost me there. The unknown is how much Gleeson leaving freed up on the cap. That is all the recent discussion boils down to. That is hardly cancerous or gossip. If you are referring to other stuff about his private life I for one am not interested in that.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Gleeson has been training with Barrow Raiders
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/raiders/news/g ... th=raiders[/url]