Joel to Union

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
gillysmyhero

Re: Joel to Union

Post by gillysmyhero »

Has IL got any links with Quins RU through the fact he owns or owned Quinns RL
I wonder?
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

cpwigan wrote:Shevington are you sure? My sources say this morning he still had not signed for anybody.
CP I refer you to your above post which reads "People need to understand that Joel is gone"

So what the eff? And I mean that in the nicest way pal you know I'm yer boy :D
Up The Mont!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

cpwigan wrote:Seriously people need to understand that Joel is gone, provided Wigan receive acceptable compensation, if they do not he will have to like it/lump it and stay.

Sam is going nowhere in 2012.
Tony read it mate N.B is gone PROVIDED. To my knowledge the provided bit has not happened.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

cpwigan wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Seriously people need to understand that Joel is gone, provided Wigan receive acceptable compensation, if they do not he will have to like it/lump it and stay.

Sam is going nowhere in 2012.
Tony read it mate N.B is gone PROVIDED. To my knowledge the provided bit has not happened.
Enough money to compensate his five year contract he signed last year presumeably. It's digusting from Joel.
Up The Mont!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Exactly Tony on both counts although I do understand to a point that if somebody comes offering you double/triple your present salary then it is hard to say no BUT the point remains, unless Wigan are compensated no deal will happen.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

cpwigan wrote:Exactly Tony on both counts although I do understand to a point that if somebody comes offering you double/triple your present salary then it is hard to say no BUT the point remains, unless Wigan are compensated no deal will happen.
The thing is we would then be left with a player who doesn't want to be here.....? Tevez at Man City springs to mind.
Up The Mont!
shevington

Post by shevington »

Definitely gone.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TonyH wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Exactly Tony on both counts although I do understand to a point that if somebody comes offering you double/triple your present salary then it is hard to say no BUT the point remains, unless Wigan are compensated no deal will happen.
The thing is we would then be left with a player who doesn't want to be here.....? Tevez at Man City springs to mind.
True and this why I think contracts are fairly meaningless bar compensation / transfer fees. Shevington seems sure and I know Joel wants to go (although personally I think bar financial the move will be a disaster for him. He is not suited to Union IMO)
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

cpwigan wrote:
TonyH wrote:
True and this why I think contracts are fairly meaningless bar compensation / transfer fees. Shevington seems sure and I know Joel wants to go (although personally I think bar financial the move will be a disaster for him. He is not suited to Union IMO)
Sam is viewed as the flashy one but I reckon Joel is a bit of a big head and it has gone to his head - far too early in his career as well. Disaster for him to go to Union, if only we had 17 O'Loughlins - dedicated to Wigan their whole career.
Up The Mont!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Joel wasn't Tony but the last few months some people say he has changed.

I personally think several Wigan players got carried away this season and forgot just what they had to do to achieve success. Ego is a huge weakness in sport.