J Tomkin's signs with immediate effect

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
slimshady

Re: J Tomkin's signs with immediate effect

Post by slimshady »

Kittwazzer wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Welcome back Kitt missed you :) Where have you been? :)
RedVee Josie. I might get a bit of stick on there for being a Wigan fan but at the end of the day it tends to be good natured banter which is what I enjoy on a forum because that is what it should be all about. There are several knowledgeable rugby supporters on there as on here but none of them would tell another poster he is 'talking bollocks'. They have more class than that!

I did consider starting a 'Goodbye' thread and writing 10,000+ words about why I had become disillusioned with this site and wouldn't be posting much more but I don't have the kind of ego to make me think I would even be missed all that much.

edited by mod

Take care!
Thats bollocks :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:
RedVee Josie. I might get a bit of stick on there for being a Wigan fan but at the end of the day it tends to be good natured banter which is what I enjoy on a forum because that is what it should be all about. There are several knowledgeable rugby supporters on there as on here but none of them would tell another poster he is 'talking bollocks'. They have more class than that!

I did consider starting a 'Goodbye' thread and writing 10,000+ words about why I had become disillusioned with this site and wouldn't be posting much more but I don't have the kind of ego to make me think I would even be missed all that much.

edited by mod

Take care!
I missed you & it was nice to see you today ????????

Keep well ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Kittwazzer wrote:

edited by mod

Take care!
Kittwazzer, I understand how you have felt at times but don't despair and keep posting!
NewtonlewillowsPIE

Post by NewtonlewillowsPIE »

We are clutching at straws resigning Joel :( he had a good 2 seasons scoring freely then went quiet! Bad signing for me!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Newtonlewillows​PIE​ wrote:We are clutching at straws resigning Joel :( he had a good 2 seasons scoring freely then went quiet! Bad signing for me!!
:eusa2:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Newtonlewillows​PIE​ wrote:We are clutching at straws resigning Joel :( he had a good 2 seasons scoring freely then went quiet! Bad signing for me!!
When did he have this quiet season? His last with us was 2011 when he played in the centres out of position culminating in that Wembley try.

Clutching at straws is a very strange comment IMO.

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:
When did he have this quiet season? His last with us was 2011 when he played in the centres out of position culminating in that Wembley try.

He is a class player and will prove it once again without doubt, not that he needs to!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO wrote:

Not ignoring the fact he DID play out of position, that Wembley try was just about his only highlight in the centres. More often than not, he was nothing more than a hurried (read cheap) replacement for the sacked Gleeson

Now if Joel can turn that clock back and regain the form and fitness he showed in scoring that try, then I too will be happy. IF the cruciate knee injury and the back surgery play major part of Joel's form and fitness as injury did to Betts when he returned to the club then this could be a really big gamble.

Btw I note people say he took less money to return to Wigan. Was this less money than he was on before he left Wigan or less money than he was earning whilst occupying the Saracen's medical room?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Probably just me but I think he could be playing prop.
When Lockers doesn't play then Joel will move to 13.
He has the skills, size, aggression and pace to play both positions.