Dave Whelan and racism ?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
medlocke

Re: Dave Whelan and racism ?

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:
michael inch stoke wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote: 100% agree with you WW.
So do I
Me too.

Plus the sex & violence portrayed on tv, film & worse of all video games. Another plus for me is the lack of censorship! Children aren't children anymore they're are treated as grown ups far too soon & so they think they are equal to adults IMO
I disagree re the sex & violence on tv & in movies, modern movies and tv shows are far less graphicly violent to what they used to be as for sex, when was the last time you saw more than two actresses naked in a modern movie?, actresses today seem to be scared of flipping em out in movies, as for games, they are just games, i play a few hours everyday thanks to my knackered back, it de-stresses me rather than makin g me violent.

I do however agree with you about children being made to grow up too quick
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
michael inch stoke wrote: So do I
Me too.

Plus the sex & violence portrayed on tv, film & worse of all video games. Another plus for me is the lack of censorship! Children aren't children anymore they're are treated as grown ups far too soon & so they think they are equal to adults IMO
I disagree re the sex & violence on tv & in movies, modern movies and tv shows are far less graphicly violent to what they used to be as for sex, when was the last time you saw more than two actresses naked in a modern movie?, actresses today seem to be scared of flipping em out in movies, as for games, they are just games, i play a few hours everyday thanks to my knackered back, it de-stresses me rather than makin g me violent.

But kids today are more easily influenced by what they see or hear. Just look at all these copycat crimes!

I'd never heard the F word used in public until I was 35!! Now small children use it with no reprimand because their parents use it all the time & a lot of people can't even hold a conversation without swearing.

Kids are having kids that are having kids. Teachers always seemed old when I was at school now they are teaching kids a couple of years younger. They can't demand respect & there is no punishment as mentioned above.

I used to be scared of doing anything wrong cos I would get into trouble again later at home from my parents.

Kids can access movies via the Internet or TV that are supposedly for adults only & if you question the parents about it these days they accept it as the norm when it isn't.

There are films & programmes I won't even watch but kids are allowed to. It's a crazy world. When violence, murder & sex influenced adverts & films are seen as okay!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:
medlocke wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Me too.

But kids today are more easily influenced by what they see or hear. Just look at all these copycat crimes!

I'd never heard the F word used in public until I was 35!! Now small children use it with no reprimand because their parents use it all the time & a lot of people can't even hold a conversation without swearing.

Kids are having kids that are having kids. Teachers always seemed old when I was at school now they are teaching kids a couple of years younger. They can't demand respect & there is no punishment as mentioned above.

I used to be scared of doing anything wrong cos I would get into trouble again later at home from my parents.

Kids can access movies via the Internet or TV that are supposedly for adults only & if you question the parents about it these days they accept it as the norm when it isn't.

There are films & programmes I won't even watch but kids are allowed to. It's a crazy world. When violence, murder & sex influenced adverts & films are seen as okay!
The level of foul mouth language and sex on some films, especially from America is a disgrace.

I spent my working life in the engineering industry and three years as a army reservist, but never heard foul mouth language and lack of morals of many today as a result of what they now see and hear on television and in many films.

Abuse of alcohol and drugs playing a large part of the decline of standards in the country today.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do think the age of innocence has been eroded to the point children are being forced to 'grow up' far too quickly and at an age when they lack the maturity to handle what is expected of them.

School wise, children are no longer allowed to fail or to be held responsible for their own achievement. Schools at all age levels are forced to focus on worthless assessments with any supposed under achievement laid firmly at the schools door.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

trouble is in the past and not even going back that far (im 29) when i was growing up the internet wasnt wide spread it only really came into my home at the age of 14-15 and then it was hours before you download anything.

If you think about it in the past a parent would have to control the 4 channels they had on tv, the worst the kids could do is sneak a dirty mag or sneak into a adult film. How do you effectively protect a 5-6yr old from anything? they have ipads, iphones internet a world of whatever they want instantly at their fingertips at anytime of the day.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Having worked all over, I have found the levels of 'freedom' that we enjoy in the west to be both a blessing and a curse.
Shorter and more lenient sentencing of offenders damages the system. These should be benefits afforded to honest, decent, law-abiding folk.
For me, I'd have prison ships anchored at sea, lower category ones down by the south coast and the higher category ones up by the coldest tip of Scotland.
Ain't gonna happen though, Human Rights.